Marlins Poor Start Continues As They Drop Road Opener To Braves 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    What's most telling is that he faced RHP more often in 2014 than any other year since 2009.

2010: 32.1% of PA vs. RHP
    2011: 39.2%
    2012: 31.8%
    2013: 29.7%
    2014: 42.2%
    Jeff Baker is a grinder who gives you a professional at bat. He's just up there trying to grind it out and you can't fault him for that.

Seriously, I think Redmond is a big part of the problem. I don't buy that the front office tells him who to use in what situation and shit. Redmond is the kind of guy who won't believe Baker shouldn't be up in that situation even if you show him the numbers. PROFESSIONAL HITTER, GRINDER, VETERAN

Comment

Sometimes he tries to do too much, though.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        Jeff Baker is a grinder who gives you a professional at bat. He's just up there trying to grind it out and you can't fault him for that.

Seriously, I think Redmond is a big part of the problem. I don't buy that the front office tells him who to use in what situation and shit. Redmond is the kind of guy who won't believe Baker shouldn't be up in that situation even if you show him the numbers. PROFESSIONAL HITTER, GRINDER, VETERAN
        That might be the case but every indication we have is that the organizations philosophy falls in line with that poor thinking so how am I to believe that even if they get rid of Redmond that they will replace him with someone that can use that sort of information properly if it's something that isn't integrated in the organizations thinking in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post

I don't think they dictate from on high on with each move he makes.

But I definitely think there's an organizational... I don't know if "ignorance" is the right word, as much as obtuseness? I'm sure they know some guys hit better vs. LHP or RHP, but they tend to believe they can buck those trends. They signed Garrett Jones with the intention of making him an everyday player!

I think there's an organizational philosophy on a macro level, and then Redmond isn't particularly process-oriented on a micro level to compound it.
          poop

Comment

Working...
          X