• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Mike Hill is Loria's adopted son
    what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Valid View Post
      Some of you are putting way too much stock into how much of an impact a manager actually has.
      I don't think people think the manager has much of an influence at all. It's the never-ending hilarity at how this organization is run.

Comment

• Originally posted by xeysz View Post
        what?
        Disregard tj.

Comment

• You'd think we'd be past the point where there's nothing Loria could do to surprise us, but he always finds a way.

Comment

what?
            Read the board's faq.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the best part of this is Dan Jennings having more quotable opportunities allowing us all to see if he's part of the problem.

Comment

• I like the quote "Managers don't win games, players do. Managers lose games."
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay View Post
                Read the board's faq.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the best part of this is Dan Jennings having more quotable opportunities allowing us all to see if he's part of the problem.
                I didn't know there was a faq. lol

And yeah that's a good point. There've been mixed opinions on whether Dan Jennings was just another right hand man or actually worked out of his own accord. Maybe now we'll be able to see.

Comment

I didn't know there was a faq. lol

And yeah that's a good point. There've been mixed opinions on whether Dan Jennings was just another right hand man or actually worked out of his own accord. Maybe now we'll be able to see.
                  Personally, I'm more interested in seeing if he will end up hoist with his own petard.

Comment

• Loria:

"We're supposed to be the Fish. The Marlins. We shouldn't be the Flounders.

"A Marlin isn't a flounder. We've got to get it going.''
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• here's the full quote text:

Marlins owner Jeffrey Loria, who told USA TODAY Sports that he was part of the organizational decision-making process to bring in Jennings, but says he did not make the call on his own, can't understand the uproar.
                      Loria, who could no longer stand watching his club under-perform, believes this hiring makes perfect sense. Really.
                      "People like to say this is controversial, different, outside the box,'' Loria said in a telephone interview with USA TODAY Sports. "I can't think of anyone better suited for this job than him. There was a tremendous lack of energy and fire in that clubhouse and dugout. We needed to bring some life in there.
                      "We needed more accountability, more energy, more fire, more communication, and Dan fills all of those roles.''
                      And that simply wasn't going to happen, Loria is convinced, under Redmond.
                      "You don't have to be a rocket scientist to see the team wasn't performing,'' Loria said. "Everybody in baseball can see it. A lot of players lost accountability, and structure was lacking.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...oria/27535159/
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        Loria:

"A Marlins isn't a flounder. Right? RIGHT?!!! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THAT A MARLIN ISN'T A FLOUNDER!!!!"

Comment

• Can that be the site's new slogan
                          STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

• you just KNOW that Loria thought of that saying years ago and he's been waiting for the right moment to use it after a firing
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• This is a guy who made millions of dollars selling art?

I need to re-evaluate my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Given that Jennings signed Morse I assume Bour will never see the light of day again
                                I was wrong, he's hitting cleanup tonight.

Jennings is now [MENTION=121]HUGG[/MENTION]'s favorite manager of all time

Comment

Working...
                                X