Marlins Acquire Jarred Cosart from Astros

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why?

draft picks are pick question marks. If a Comp A pick turned out to be Jarred Cosart-esque, wouldn't we all be excited?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Because it is an unknown is not a significant reason to deal something.

The Marlins more than any team, due to how they operate, need to use every pick they can get and make sure they sign them.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
        BTW Marlins, QUIT TRADING FUCKING DRAFT PICKS!
        Why? They don't use the pool money anyways. Rather have them trade the pick for a ML Guy then take a HS Catcher projected Round 3/4
        --------------------
        Originally posted by Hugg View Post
        plus the 3B we get in the Stanton deal
        OR Cishek Deal

Boston is gonna need a Closer next year
        Last edited by tjfla; 07-31-2014, 04:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Marlins spent the most money in the league in the draft this season

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
            Also yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of Cosart. His K/BB is bad and his HR/FB% is low. If that goes up and his K/BB doesn't get better, he's really not going to be good.

More I think about it, more I'm not really happy with the trade...
            This. Cosart isn't great, and he might even get bumped out of the rotation by next all star break. Seriously.

Comment

Christina De Nicola @CDeNicola13 · 4m
              #Marlins Hill said Kike and Cosart to big-league club; Kike can play all over; Wates will be the OF call-up Marisnick served as.
              ReplyReplied to 0 times RetweetRetweeted 3 times3 FavoriteFavorited 0 times
              More
              More

Christina De Nicola @CDeNicola13 · 3m
              #Marlins Hill said they were in on Lester, Lackey, Price. Only wrong name - Danks. Didn't know where that came from. #MLBTradeDeadline
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                This. Cosart isn't great, and he might even get bumped out of the rotation by next all star break. Seriously.
                I don't see how that's the case.

As of right now you gotta figure we open 2015 with Alvarez, Eovaldi, Cosart, Heaney, and Koehler. I like that much better than Alvarez, Eovaldi, Heaney, Koehler, and Hand. It frees us up to move Hand, Koehler, Turner, and even some prospects like Conley and Nicolino for an infielder.
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

I really want to know what TB was asking for for Price. As long as you weren't giving up someone off the big club, I don't see why you wouldn't have given up the prospects for him.

Comment

I think this trade sucks.

Cosart is okayish but kind of sucks. Kike has been really bad before one juiced up half year in the PCL with no walk rate. Wates is a 25 year old with with a sub-800 OPS; nice OBP, but the age and lack of pop are real concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                      I really want to know what TB was asking for for Price. As long as you weren't giving up someone off the big club, I don't see why you wouldn't have given up the prospects for him.
                      Hearing it was all about "control" They were willing to talk prospects but wanted a guy longer than 2015 if they traded prospects. In other words Loria wasn't gonna shell out big cash for Price

Comment

Cosart is 4th in MLB in GB%

4.02fip 4.28xfip

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

Cosart is okayish but kind of sucks. Kike has been really bad before one juiced up half year in the PCL with no walk rate. Wates is a 25 year old with with a sub-800 OPS; nice OBP, but the age and lack of pop are real concerns.
                          Okay.

And Marisnick was an all-hype-no-results bat whose stock had dropped.

Moran was a league average, non-impact bat at 3B.

We got 3 legitimate pieces.

Wates could be a leadoff hitter in CF (once we trade Stanton and move Ozuna to RF).

Romero's stock has been soaring, they're going to resign McGehee next year no matter what, and we'll trade an arm for an infielder.

Kike is a valuable piece for any team to have, even if he doesn't end up being a starter (which he very well may).

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            wow

ya know...

I'm fine with it
                            this, but may have more thoughts l8r
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post

The same could be said for what we gave away.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Okay.

And Marisnick was an all-hype-no-results bat whose stock had dropped.

Moran was a league average, non-impact bat at 3B.

We got 3 legitimate pieces.

Wates could be a leadoff hitter in CF (once we trade Stanton and move Ozuna to RF).

Romero's stock has been soaring, they're going to resign McGehee next year no matter what, and we'll trade an arm for an infielder.

Kike is a valuable piece for any team to have, even if he doesn't end up being a starter (which he very well may).
                                Wates is nothing special. 4th OF type,can play all 3 OF spots,hits .300 with speed but has leg issues. So just an older Brent Keys

Ya watch for Cishek to Boston during winter for a 3B actually

Comment

Working...
                                X