X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Metal Bowl?
    This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Edmonton Ice Bats
    2007 Teal League Wildcard
    2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
    2010 Teal League Wildcard
    2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

Do you REALLY want to know???

sigh....

This is how I am connected (stealing neighbors unsecured network) right now...

--------------------
      FYI... the metal bowl is being used to get 53 channels for my HDTV right now
      Last edited by pdub858; 07-31-2011, 11:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
      You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

WOW. That is the most impressive mad-scientist/ghetto contraption I have ever seen! You're either some sort of technical genius or really sad, lol. What role does the softball play in the connection process?

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

Edmonton Ice Bats

Comment

The fuck am I looking at?

Honestly.

Props man.
          *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Additionally, I would like to point out the irony of having a large HD television and not having a cable/internet connection.

Edmonton Ice Bats

Comment

BTW, whose signature is on that ball in the first pic?

Is it David Bell?

Comment

Ok first

The softball boosts the signal by being awesome next to it and totally not a girl sport.

second, yes, I have a 42 inch HDTV with an antenna connection (boosted by a big mixing bowl) I will be getting cable at the same time as internet.

three. The softball is actually not signed. It says "SB12" on the front which is the type of ball.
                --------------------
                Oh and I just looked at the pic and along with "SB12" the brand of "Dudley" is on the top
                Last edited by pdub858; 08-01-2011, 12:18 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Originally posted by pdub858 View Post
                  I would rather make a few guys from scratch than cut down the number of teams any further.

Would anyone be apposed to a few created players being dropped back into FA?

And with a bit more thinking, What if I take a few guys from FA that are already on the "who cares" part of there careers and make them more realistic of how they are currently?

Re worded as to not confuse. Lets say Bobby Abreu is on FA (Not sure if he is or not). And Abreu is straight 20's across the board. Nobody would think of adding him and he is CLEARLY better than that in RL now. I would bump him up to a fair and not unrealistic version of his current self in order to deepen the free agency without adding any crazy young/crazy good guys.

I could also add a few guys who are not in the league that might not be in the first year draft in our league.

Sorry for the long posts guys but I am just thinking out loud. If anyone likes/dislikes this please let us know and we will go with the consensus.
                  Last thing the league needs is more talent. It's already to the point of having a 5 star player at every position, it's ridiculous.

My personal suggestion that I know everyone will be against: Start over with fictional players. 1) There's way too much talent as is, we're using a player base that was made for 30 teams and we have less than 20 teams; I know people love the whole "real player" thing but it messes with the dynamics of the game. 2) Enough with the "dead teams." Cut the fat and have a ~10 team league. Yeah, less teams, but every team would at least be active.

There is the "Invite OOTP players rather than just forum people" but it's hard to know who sticks around and who ditches out quickly. We'll still have ditching people being a problem.

Also, there is a OOTP 12 crack, so we could move up to there (Although it's windows only, so mac users would need dual boot)

Comment

im on my cell right now so not going to post everything i would like to reply with yet...

i disagree completly with fictional players. i was in another league that did that and people very quickly lost all interest. some here know what im refering to.

also a 10 team league to me would hardly be worth the time we put in. now i am not oppossed to changing up the format somewhat. i already proposed how i would like to get new owners.

if everyone wanted to start the league over i would support it and the move to a newer version of ootp. or just updated rosters. which i think would be the best.

i also think we can stick with this league and bring in some new owners and make it work.

this is all i got right now. sry for typos due to cell phone

Comment

Ok so, I have internet again and we can get moving. But, Im not sure what everyone is wanting to do now. Am I going on as is or are we changing something???

Comment

Is the league dead?

Comment

Well, we're kind of at a crossroads - input of all the owners is needed, I think, on how to proceed.

Comment

I'm all for doing whatever. Personally, I feel the league, as is, is static. There's really never anything worth signing in FA and I feel that the players take tooooo long to develop.

Edmonton Ice Bats

Comment

The players develop at a realistic pace.

They regress way too quick though.

Comment

Yeah, the cliff is more in need of taking on than the ascent.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X