Marlins Trade Deadline Thread: Comes And Goes Without A Move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by markotsay7 View Post
    It's stupid to trade Volstad even considering what he is and assuming no improvement. As it stands right now he's a 5 starter who shows flashes of mid-rotation quality. But his value is zero right now. Why trade a club-controlled 5 starter who's young for essentially nothing?
    Lately, he's been mid-rotation quality 75% of the time and the other 25% he's been a AA pitcher.

I think I take that from my 5. He's become ok in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
      If we keep winning and get back to .500 by the deadline, I doubt we do anything. While it's true that we're likely too far back to make a run this year, I doubt we're going to do anything that dramatically changes the team going into the new ballpark next year.
      For arguments sake, Choate, Infante, Dobbs, and even Leo is not dramatic.

Comment

Sweet! Ramp, lou, hugg, and markkotsay. I've been missing out on some well informed Marlins discussion

Comment

Whoa, the Shambone arrives
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

Ramp, Hugg and MK7 gon be happy to see you.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              Ramp, Hugg and MK7 gon be happy to see you.
              I see/talk to Sham enough in the city. Now he's invading my space here? Shite.

Comment

The return of The Rock

Comment

Oh man.

Comment

Yayyyyy I got sham here
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

joecapMARLINS: Larry Beinfest -- I don't see major, major things happening (as part of his answer to whether team will be buyers or sellers) #Marlins
                      /Twitter

Comment

What about major, not " major major"?

Comment

Here’s what President of Baseball Operations Larry Beinfest had to say Wednesday about where the Marlins stand with the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline fast approaching:

“Right now it’s a little bit undetermined. I don’t see major, major things happening at this point, but you never know what happens the last two weeks of the month. First and foremost, we need to grind away and dig ourselves out of this.”

“I never really consider ourselves sellers. I think you’re always buying something, it just may be something different…The way we look at it is this: the month of June was rather unfortunate. It put us in a tough position. Obviously, we’ve played well of late and are continuing to dig out, but that’s kind of where we’re at. We’re still in digging-out mode…We need to continue to grind away and hopefully start to make up some ground we lost so terribly in the month of June and then we’ll see.”

“I think it’s important to recognize that our goal was to win this year and at the same time as a by-product of winning to build momentum into the new ballpark. That’s still our goal. We want to make sure we have a strong second half and build momentum as we head to that park. If you look at a lot of pieces of this team, we see them as components in the new ballpark.”

“In terms of huge moves, who knows, but from a big picture view, there are a lot of pieces on this team we covet and think are going to be big parts of this team for years to come…I don’t see dramatic changes ahead as we try to build momentum. What I see is more health. We need guys to continue to grow and step up and be consistent.”
                          Florida Marlins trade deadline talks with Prez of baseball ops Larry Beinfest

Comment

Samson was on with LeBatard and spoke about the Marlins FO when talking about how they evaluate trades and during that discussion he mentioned that they've had JJ-Anibal-Ricky since '06 and that you have to look at the situation and wonder if you can win with that core of pitching or move one and buy a different pitcher since they've been unable to reach the playoffs with that trio. It makes more sense if you actually hear it but I found it interesting when listening and all the rumors around moving Ricky or Anibal.

Comment

That didn't make any sense

Comment

Exactly.

Comment

Working...
                                X