No announcement yet.

2011 Offseason Sim 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm all for adding OOTP guys, they will certainly stay invested in the teams they take over.

I'm dubious about adding created players. Modifying some existing FAs to better fit their real world skill set and adding in real draft picks that our league is lacking sounds good to me, though.

Regarding FA, I think the best fix for beefing up the FA market each season is to extend the crest of a player's prime a bit. As it is, 30 is like a rock wall that 90% of players in their prime run right into, killing any idea of signing players to long-term deals if they're in the 26-30 range and basically negating the chance of picking up a real impact player in FA if he's over 30 (which, let's face it, a lot are). If we push that number back to 32 or 33 (can't guarantee there is a way to do this, but I think there is), it will make long-term deals more viable and also increase the talent pool in FA each year. Thoughts?
    *Is a huge fucking asshole*

Comment

Yes. And prospects need to develop faster. I think I drafted a guy in the first season of the league, and he's not going to be ready for call to the pros until this season.
      This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
      Edmonton Ice Bats
      2007 Teal League Wildcard
      2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
      2010 Teal League Wildcard
      2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

I think prospects are fine as is.

Comment

Just a little last minute reminder, we are ending voting soon so if anyone hasn't voted for the end of season awards please get your votes in. As soon as Moss is back/ready we are closing voting.
          You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

Just want to let everyone know, I've created a problem for myself, but it shouldn't cause any kind of serious delay.

Basically, I upgraded my OS yesterday from OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard to OS X 10.7 Lion. Lion no longer includes Mac's Rosetta PowerPC compatibility support, meaning only Intel-based and universal applications will work in Lion. Why is this a problem? Because OOTP8 is a PowerPC-based application. I can no longer open OOTP8.

Like I said though, shouldn't cause a serious delay. Why? Because I'm going to be dualbooting Snow Leopard with VMWare, a virtual machine program. Once I get everything set up (either today or tomorrow), I should still be able to access and run OOTP using my Snow Leopard virtual machine. I'll probably close voting shortly after I get everything set up and we'll continue with the offseason then.

Comment

I've lost all faith in your commish abilities.

Comment

Srsly?

Comment

No.

Comment

lol @ Moss' reaction.
                    You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

We gonna get some simming going on or what?

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

Edmonton Ice Bats

Comment

About that... This is going to sound terrible, but the delay is going to extend a little bit longer than we'd anticipated. I didn't have enough HD space to even extract the virtual machine of Snow Leopard, much less get OOTP set up. I'm going to be transferring some stuff onto an external HD and we'll see what I can do then. Coby will be without internet for about a week, starting today. I can't promise anything, as I'll be busy as well, but I'm going to try to get this situation resolved by the weekend one way or the other so some simming can resume.

Apologies.

Comment

Acceptable answer. Best of luck.

Edmonton Ice Bats

Comment

On a very temporary connection for the moment. Not able to sim yet. I should have full internet access by the 5th or so. (Charter Communications does not get in a hurry at ALL)
                            --------------------
                            sry for the delays guys.
                            Last edited by pdub858; 07-31-2011, 08:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Yeah I feel pretty awful about this. I was all set to get things rolling, but upgrading to Lion unknowingly screwed me and I still haven't been able to find a solution. Coby should be able to start us up again when he gets back. Until then.. please be patient.

Comment

PC >

Comment

Working...
                                X