Clear All

• Day Baseball! Marlins @ Cubs 1:05 PM

Today...
    VS.
    Javier Vazquez | Carlos Zambrano
    (5-8) 5.23 | (6-4) 4.34

FSN-F
    790 AM or 710 AM

Last edited by Party; 07-16-2011, 11:15 AM.

clarkspencer clarkspencer
    Emilio Bonifacio draws a leadoff walk for #Marlins. Has highest on-base percentage of any ML leadoff hitter (min. 125 PA's) at .417
    I bet you that blew your fucking mind.

Comment

Eduardo is the best

Comment

32 BBs and 100 Ks now for Stanton. Man, I know he's young, but I still expected better BB/K ratio than that.

Comment

I expect these bombs though!
          --------------------
          Javquez absolutely dealing lately.
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 07-16-2011, 01:36 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

another infield hit for ole lead feet.

Comment

well this is fun

Comment

Have to start thinking buyout with Stanton before he hits 40 next year and adds millions on each season going forward.

Best comp is J. Upton, and Cargo who is probably better with years 2-9, 400k, $1, $5, $7.5, $10.5, then free agency years $16, $17, $20. $80.5 roughly including a signing bonus. He plays a tougher position, had the huge 2010 year, and doesn't whiff as much, which probably buts Mike just below him.

Marlins can probably get away $500k, $750k, $4.5, $6.5, $9.25, $13.5, $15, option $18 right now, as the contract is a year earlier, and for aforementioned positional and production reasons. That would be 7/$50 for two free agency years or 8/$68 for three, for those same years as mentioned for CarGo. Big big time potential savings here. I'd be terrified to see this deal after 2012 if he does what we all expect. Probably be a larger than Hanley deal. And if they wait for two years, he probably gets Cabrera, Howard, Prince type forecasts if he reaches 40 HR land.

They can wait one or two years on Morrison as he isn't going to threaten 30+ HR this or next year, and they have to figure out if they like him in LF versus 1B which is whole different longterm issues, but really have to all in with Mike and likewise, give Anibal a nice and neat 3/$30+option deal too.

I'd be really happy if the invest within as free agency is pretty lame. Go for the risk with your own high end guys

Comment

Holy power surge Batman.
                  --------------------
                  Is Vazquez worth picking up for fantasy?
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-16-2011, 01:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by geemoney View Post
                    32 BBs and 100 Ks now for Stanton. Man, I know he's young, but I still expected better BB/K ratio than that.
                    As of today's game, his K rate down 3%, BB rate up .5%, BABIP is 25 points lower, and ISO has increased, compared to last year. Can't really complain.

Comment

http://soflamarlins.com/showthread.p...977#post177977
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                      X