Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The only positive about all of this is they seem to be waiting for a team to make a crazy offer and not settling

Also seems that while Houston made an offer they are NOT the team!!

Hearing it could be TORONTO
    Last edited by tjfla; 12-08-2015, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• maybe the mystery team is ourselves

To Miami: Jose Fernandez
      From Miami: a long term contract extension, legitimacy, and trust
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Like said Jeff seems to not know what to do with Jose. He wants to be blown away by a deal which is why u keep hearing that teams made offers. Teams have called but when they make an offer they are countered with something nuts

Comment

• I guess the other positive if you're Loria is a Fernandez deal almost certainly means Stanton opts out, right? So Loria gets his All Star Game and still has a superstar, Stanton opts out year 6 and by that time there's a TV deal in place and very little on the books which would definitely make this team a $1B + sale
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
            What's something nuts for the best young ace in baseball? Something nuts would be trading him at all.
            NUTS would be Seager,Urias,Holmes OR De Leon,Joc and more for Jose and Ozuna. That is the deal they want bad

Comment

• Jon Heyman now saying that the Dodgers and Giants have been upping their interest to make a move for Fernandez. Says Dodgers are still stunned that Grienke went to ARI.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                Jon Heyman now saying that the Dodgers and Giants have been upping their interest to make a move for Fernandez. Says Dodgers are still stunned that Grienke went to ARI.
                Giants dont have what we want.

Teams that have what we want are LAD,NYY,Houston,Toronto. Arizona IF they trade Pollock for a younger bat

Comment

• Damn too bad Mike Hill said Ozuna isn't available. Only 7-10 teams are interested in him according to Clark Spencer.

Everyone knows he is on the market BUT seems they are gonna wait till they figure out what they are gonna do with Jose first

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                    Like Stark said Arizona is probably out,Arizona made an offer of Corbin and Pollock which we said NO.
                    Where is this from?

Comment

• I'd really be fascinated to see what happens when Jose is traded.

15K average in a 4 year old stadium? 12K?

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Where is this from?
                        From tjfla.

Comment

• Astros offering Correa and Appel?

Edit: Disregard; troll account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sr.Imbto
                            The deal we got for Cabrera was supposedly nuts as well, at the time.

Always go for the sure thing.
                            I lost my mind a couple weeks ago when the original rumors of trading him broke but I'm calm now and here's where I'm at.

If you can get Urias, Joc, Holmes, and two more close to ready pieces (I prefer Peraza), that's a significantly larger haul than what we got for Cabrera.

If you take what we've been told as fact:
                            -The Marlins approached Jose with an extension and he turned it down
                            -Boras clients rarely sign extensions
                            -Jose is unhappy here
                            -Jose was not great in the clubhouse

then those all (particularly the first point) suggest trading him is wise. Yes, he's under contract for three more years, but you have to look at the big picture of this team. Are we competing in that 3 year window? We're supposed to, but I think the answer is a pretty clear no. The FA market next season is weak (particularly for SP). We really screwed up with Rodon, and Kolek is - best case - 2.5 to 3 years away, if he pans out at all. There are no reinforcements of any value in the minors. This team is what we have. Will we win with it?

As such, you don't have any minor league assets to acquire help for the big league team. The best possible scenario is to use a major league asset to fill multiple holes. If you're looking at a team with Realmuto, Bour, Gordon, Hech, 3B (still a question mark), Yelich, Pederson, and Stanton, that's a deep lineup all of a sudden. SP is still a problem but it's an issue with or without Jose. At least this way you are getting 2, if not 3, advanced arms, which can either help you directly or be used as trade bait for another starter down the road.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            I'd really be fascinated to see what happens when Jose is traded.

15K average in a 4 year old stadium? 12K?
                            paid or actual? I don't think "announced" attendance will average lower than 20k because they run so many promos and specials and they know MLB would have a shit fit if it happened. They'd sooner give the tickets away, I think.

Comment

• The pic of Urias is amazing. How does one pitch with one eye?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=urias-000jul

Comment

• Yeah but the last rebuild was meant to yield a core that, generously, was meant to be more or less what the Marlins currently have. Maybe the names are different but a ++ pitcher, a lineup with 4-5 projectable starters, and a bunch of back end arms.

That was the logic behind the Toronto trade.

Now the Marlins are more or less there, maybe not exactly how they planned it (less from Toronto's haul, more from in-house) and they're ready to win except for, hey guess what, spending money to fortify the core. And they won't do it.

It's the same fucking death cycle. No team is going to be able to build a total winner completely in house. Even the '03 team - which is meant to be the gold standard for David v Goliath - had reinforcements added to a home grown core.

The is where it is because the drafting has sucked. The drafting sucks because of parsimonious policies and bad player evaluation. Now you're going all in on a move with an eye towards the future with that same bad player evaluation. No fucking way can you justify it. Fucking battered spouses.

Comment

Working...
                                X