The Official '62 Mets Suck Our Dicks Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    I don't feel threatened enough by him. Pass.
    Watch more Fox News.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      And I still say there was nothing wrong with that thread. It was having fun with what has been a trying season, plus it led to this thread, a triumphant FU in the face of New York Mets players well into their 70s or dead.
      It's more of an eph you to the spirit behind the 1962 Mets thread than to the 1962 Mets.

Comment

• WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
        --------------------
        Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        Still doesn't make this any less idiotic.
        Have to cheer for something.
        Last edited by Mainge; 08-01-2013, 06:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I mean, nobody's actually happy they won their 41st game, right? Isn't this totally tongue in cheek/eff you to the '62 Mets thread?
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
            It's more of an eph you to the spirit behind the 1962 Mets thread than to the 1962 Mets.
            That was a joke.

Comment

• Maybe

Comment

So "eff you fans who mock this ownership and how they've run the team into the ground?"

Also can start an eff you spirit of Beef while not saying eff you to Beef the person? I mean, it's not the person but the spirit.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I don't think there was anything wrong with it.

I also don't think it was intended to be fun.
                Goes to show what you know.
                Last edited by Party; 08-01-2013, 07:14 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• ~*~The Spirit of South Florida~*~
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                    So "eff you fans who mock this ownership and how they've run the team into the ground?"

Also can start an eff you spirit of Beef while not saying eff you to Beef the person? I mean, it's not the person but the spirit.
                    --------------------
                    Eph you is unfair then.

I suppose it's in your face, guys who thought the Marlins would win less games than any team in the history of baseball.

Didn't we go over it and decide that the 62 Mets thread wasn't the thing you put in quotes but it was an honest belief that it made sense based on what the Marlins would do this season?

Comment

• Well it was partly both of those things. I think I've been pretty clear in saying I want this ownership to fall flat on their face at every opportunity. With that said, this team was 27 games under .500 after 54 games. 27 games! Even if they weren't going to be the Mets, they were likely to lose 110 games. Did you reasonably expect the turnaround we saw in June?

Comment

• Nope. But 40 was always far fetched. Just like it would be silly to throw their super early run pace in people's faces.

Comment

• Maybe not to that extent, but I definitely expected them to be much, much better when Giancarlo Stanton, Logan Morrison and Christian Yelich were playing everyday rather than Juan Pierre, Greg Dobbs and Justin Ruggiano.

Also, with Eovaldi, Turner and Alvarez rather than Wade LeBlanc, Alex Sanabia and Kevin Slowey.

I also generally don't expect outliers, for the simple fact that they are outliers. How many teams have actually lost 110+ games in major-league history?
                          --------------------
                          Two teams in the last 10 seasons have lost 110+ games. It happens once every 150 team seasons. It's a pretty vanishingly rare occurrence.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

• 19 teams.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Just like it would be silly to throw their super early run pace in people's faces.
                              So you were offended by it? They were ridiculously bad for two months and we had fun with it.

Comment

• Yeah I don't think you could argue that the trade with Toronto wasn't the right thing to do at this point. With that being said, this FO is a PR nightmare, and as long as they stay in power more damage will be done to this franchise than good, regardless of our Win-Loss record.

Comment

Working...
                                X