• Show
Clear All

Who do we have below aa?

Smolinski, Skipworth.

Anything else?
    poop

Comment

Originally posted by LocoMarlinFan View Post
      This pick doesn't make sense. Supposedly Christian Yelich is more of a 1b and he has a below average arm and power. With that said, I will get over it if tomorrow we draft a ton of high ceiling prospect like the Pirates did last yr.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?to...ent_id=7172555
      Its a nice thought, but chances are the Fish do another year of "holy crap these are some old college players" for 90% of the draft.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

There is his facebook Welcome him!!!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Chris...00000548661006

Comment

2010 Draft: Christian Yelich, 1BAdded: 02/24/1000:41
          Christian Yelich has drawn comparisons to Mark Grace and John Olerud
          Share video:
          Facebook
          Twitter
          Digg
          Email
          Tags: '10 Draft Report, Draft 2010

Christian Yelich - 1B
          Westlake HS, Thousand Oaks, Calif., Sr.
          Birthdate: 12/5/1991
          Height: 6'4"
          Weight: 190 lbs.
          Bats: Left
          Throws: Right
          Scout's report filed: 2/13/10
          Scouting Report
          Hitting ability: Yelich has a very smooth left-handed stroke. He can hit to all fields and should hit for average at the next level.

Power: He doesn't hit for much power now, but should grow into some as he continues to fill out his frame. Right now, he's got more line-drive gap power.

Running speed: He's got good speed, running the second fastest 60-yard dash at the showcase.

Base running: While he's better underway, guys with long legs are like that, he's a good base runner who will steal a base. He ran the bases easily in legging out a triple at the showcase.

Arm strength: It's below-average right now. He's more of a slinger when he throws. It's gotten better, but still not as strong as other parts of his game.

Fielding: He has decent actions at first and he's athetic enough to play an outfield spot, though the arm will limit him to center or left.

Range: He's got enough range at first and could cover some ground in the outfield.

Physical Description: Yelich is a tall and athletic, left-handed hitting first baseman, kind of like a very athletic John Olerud type.

Medical Update: Healthy.

Strengths: Good hittability, excellent athleticsm. Starting to grow into his frame.

Weaknesses: Below-average throwing arm limits his position somewhat, hasn't shown any power now as of yet.

Summary: Yelich is the type of high school bat that could rise very quickly on draft boards as the spring unfolds. He's got a sweet left-handed stroke and as he fills into his tall, athletic frame, he should hit for more power. He runs well and could even handle an outfield spot, though his below-average arm might limit him somewhat. Kind of an under-the-radar guy when the season began, strong performances and physical maturity will make many teams take a closer look at his bat and his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            There is his facebook Welcome him!!!

http://www.facebook.com/people/Chris...00000548661006
            creeper lol
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
              creeper lol
              Hey worked last year when Terrance Dayleg kept us informed on who was in the minors with him. Not saying send him love letters but always good to have some info

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Who do we have below aa?

Smolinski, Skipworth.

Anything else?
                Marcel Ozuna even if there's nothing from this year and last year was BABIP powered. And Galloway will have potential on his forehead for several more years

I'm hoping Brent Keys can become something. Awesome eye, speed, defense, but 0 power. If his eyes translates he's cool. If it doesn't he sucks

Meanwhile, Hickman has awesome power and sucks at everything else.

Comment

No problems with this pick. Dont know alot about him though.
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Can we post BA scouting reports here?

Comment

I lol'd at his throwing motion. He brings his arm down to his fucking knees and windmills it. Like a tarded Byron Leftwich. With all the showcases and camps he must've attended, how does no one fix that?

He must have a sick ass fucking bat.

Comment

I'm at work so I can't find out much about him. The scouting report says he's "tall". How tall exactly?

Comment

6'4"

Comment

I'm actually okay with this pick, and you all know how I don't like HS picks.

The folks over at http://baseballbeginnings.com/ seem to love this pick.

He was complaining on twitter that he was waiting for more athletes to be drafted, not just guys with low ceilings. Then said "Yelich, that's more like it." He also tweeted this:

Liked Yelich a lot. Have seen about 10 games. Very good with wood. 1B most likely. Power projection is there. I think 20 HR power.
                            Here's their Yelich content: http://baseballbeginnings.com/tag/christian-yelich/

Lots of interesting stuff there.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I think he could of found a better way to alliterate this kids proficiency with wooden bats.
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

I think it's funny that on the Marlins page they have "power hitting" Yelich
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X