Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They are looking at Sandoval however they are intrigued by the Cuban Yasmani Tomas even more if he is willing to play/able to play 1B. Loria was said to be pissed about missing on Abreu especially after his season and the scouts that have seen Tomas think he might be better than Abreu(also is younger)

The options tho seem to be Sandoval at 1B and lose #12 pick OR Tomas at 1B for 10/15 million more than Sandoval

Loria is said to want to sign a 1 big name FA tho. Not only for need(power bat) but to convince Stanton to stay

Comment

He could have convinced Stanton to stay 2 years ago by prying open his wallet.

It's gonna be funny when they get a big name FA and then offer Stanton 7/$110

Comment

Personally, I like the Cuddyer idea. He has been very good the past two seasons (even if 2014 was cut very short.) He would cost less than Pablo and would only be for one or two years. It would be a great veteran presence in the middle of the lineup. Pablo would be cool, but his homerun numbers are down (16 this year and 14 last year and 12 in 2012.) He would also cost a lot and that would be a huge commitment. His weight issues and past injury history makes me worry.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Cuddyer turns 36 in March and his numbers are ridiculously Coors inflated. Will be interesting to see what kind of money he's looking for.

H .356/.414/.582 251pa
          A .311/.367/.485 289pa

H .400/.455/.800 88pa
          A .282/.316/.418 117pa

He's a solid player, but the price has to be right.

Comment

But really we all know that Garrett Jones is going to be starting at 1B on Opening Day, right? Like, this is just a thing we're all doing?
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Jones/Cuddyer platoon?
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

I wouldn't want to count on Cuddyer as an every day player, simply due to health concerns.

Comment

Todd just suggested Michael Cuddyer would be willing to sign here to only play versus left handed pitching, didn't he?
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  But really we all know that Garrett Jones is going to be starting at 1B on Opening Day, right? Like, this is just a thing we're all doing?
                  no, we don't all know that

he'll be in RF after we trade Stanton
                  Last edited by HUGG; 10-02-2014, 10:42 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    Todd just suggested Michael Cuddyer would be willing to sign here to only play versus left handed pitching, didn't he?
                    --------------------

no, we don't all know that

he'll be in RF after we trade Stanton
                    No chance,Ozuna would be the RF with Cespedes in CF. If Stanton is dealt it will be to Boston in a massive deal with Cespedes and like 4/5 prospects/young ML guys coming back to us

Comment

• I was totally serious though.

Comment

• Trade stanton for a impending FA.

Word

Comment

• Who isn't very good.

if the centerpiece of a Stanton deal is a 29 year old outfielder who hit .251/.298/.446 the last 2 years, I'm out

Comment

• Clark Spencer reported the payroll is supposed to be at $60M with us bringing back Cishek and most arbitration players. How do we fit a big FA and a Stanton extension into $60M?

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                              Clark Spencer reported the payroll is supposed to be at $60M with us bringing back Cishek and most arbitration players. How do we fit a big FA and a Stanton extension into $60M?
                              Heh

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                Who isn't very good.

if the centerpiece of a Stanton deal is a 29 year old outfielder who hit .251/.298/.446 the last 2 years, I'm out
                                I can totally see them demanding Brock Holt and then talking about him like they talk about Hech. That seems right in their wheelhouse.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X