No announcement yet.

The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I see Straily-Urena-Conley all as pretty solid #3's. Fill that #5 slot with maybe O'Grady if he continues to pitch well or Trevor Richards if he's ready next year. (Hopefully we can deal Volquez for something before August ends, and then you also have Chen, but not sure we'll ever get anything out of him) Just sucks when you think about who could possibly be that ace we need and think about what could've been.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I see Straily-Urena-Conley all as pretty solid #3's. Fill that #5 slot with maybe O'Grady if he continues to pitch well or Trevor Richards if he's ready next year. (Hopefully we can deal Volquez for something before August ends, and then you also have Chen, but not sure we'll ever get anything out of him) Just sucks when you think about who could possibly be that ace we need and think about what could've been.
      Conley, Straily, Chen, and Urena with an actual ace as the #1 is a damn good rotation. The issue is Chen cant stay healthy and finding an ace with no assets and a team unlikely to spend money is really hard to do. We have a lot of interesting SP's in the farm system now. Garrett, Rogers, Gonzalez, Peters, Richards, Poteet, etc. Thats not terrible depth, its just that in all likelhood those guys are all middle of the rotation type guys, not aces.

Comment

I see Straily-Urena-Conley all as pretty solid #3's. Fill that #5 slot with maybe O'Grady if he continues to pitch well or Trevor Richards if he's ready next year. (Hopefully we can deal Volquez for something before August ends, and then you also have Chen, but not sure we'll ever get anything out of him) Just sucks when you think about who could possibly be that ace we need and think about what could've been.
        I almost want to believe that Loria would've spent money on a top starter if Jose were still here. Not to mention we would've been better normally without signing anyone with Jose.

Comment

• Did Chen ever have surgery? Or is he just sitting doing nothing?

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
            Did Chen ever have surgery? Or is he just sitting doing nothing?
            No, he hasn't had surgery. The past few years, it's just been shut him down and rehab, and the same issue keeps coming up.

Comment

• That Chen contract really hurts. I don't think many people thought it was terrible at the time, but the ridiculous backloading really backfired on this one. They've used that tactic in such a skeevy way over the years, I can't believe the MLB still let Loria and Co. get away with that shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                Conley, Straily, Chen, and Urena with an actual ace as the #1 is a damn good rotation. The issue is Chen cant stay healthy and finding an ace with no assets and a team unlikely to spend money is really hard to do. We have a lot of interesting SP's in the farm system now. Garrett, Rogers, Gonzalez, Peters, Richards, Poteet, etc. Thats not terrible depth, its just that in all likelhood those guys are all middle of the rotation type guys, not aces.

Chen is useless, man. It's time to accept that.

Comment

That Chen contract really hurts. I don't think many people thought it was terrible at the time, but the ridiculous backloading really backfired on this one. They've used that tactic in such a skeevy way over the years, I can't believe the MLB still let Loria and Co. get away with that shit.
                  I liked the signing itself at the time - the backloading not so much, and was indicative that they hoped 1) he would opt out, or 2) he would pitch well enough to dump in a trade of some sort - but obviously it's been a terrible deal. There have been several other contracts over the past few years that I liked at the time that didn't go well - Salty and Morse come to mind. Don't we still have a few of those (and manager salaries) on the books this year too? Won't they be coming off the books this coming offseason?

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Chen is useless, man. It's time to accept that.
                    He's solid when he actually pitches. Tremendously overpaid, but his actual performance when he's been healthy in his career has been rotation worthy, which is good enough right now for this team. I wish they would have just done the surgery he needs last year and bite the bullet. I know it works sometimes and that it shouldnt be the move to jump right to TJ surgery, but I feel like the rest option leads to eventual surgery a majority of the time.

Comment

• Ozuna ties it up.

Comment

• That was a nice game to win after last night. It's a shame we didn't get this Tazawa and Ziegler earlier in the season.

Comment

• I was at this game.

I told my buddy when they yanked Mad Max we just had to peck away at that lead. Peck away they did.

Comment

• Gotta like how they're still showing the AJ Ramos commercials.

Comment

• We won.

Comment

• I can't wait to get swept in Atlanta.

Comment

Working...
                                X