No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't see how you could look at what Gordon's doing this year, and take into consideration what he would get if he were free agent after this year, and argue that Gordon has a bad contract.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
      I don't see how you could look at what Gordon's doing this year, and take into consideration what he would get if he were free agent after this year, and argue that Gordon has a bad contract.
      I don't. I am talking about around baseball-teams that are interested in him are offering low level prospect in exchange for him and his contract

I think he has been solid this year and is good value myself

Around baseball people,our "Bad" contracts are Stanton,Gordon,Prado,Chen,Brad Ziegler. They can be dealt except Chen but unless we throw in cash they won't bring much

Comment

• So you're just saying that people around baseball are stupid. They think contracts are bad even if they aren't. Ok.

Comment

• If Stanton tells teams he will opt out,he goes from bad contract to value.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          So you're just saying that people around baseball are stupid. They think contracts are bad even if they aren't. Ok.
          Love how u get pissy with me when I say what others think. I AGREE WITH U!!!! I have no issue with Gordon or his deal,but the 3 teams that are connected to Gordon(Toronto,LAA/KC) all are only offering low level prospects at this point which is why not much traction yet. The explaination being his contract

Comment

• I know we're of the mindset that we're smarter than the people who actually do this stuff for a living, but we're Marlins fans. Our team has been run by incompetence for the past 15 years. Most teams know what they're doing, and most teams will realize that what Gordon provides on the field is accurately reflected by the current contract he has, heck he may even be underpaid. If you're telling me that he won't provide us a decent package in return because of his contract, then what you're actually telling me is there isn't a trade market for Dee Gordon right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              I know we're of the mindset that we're smarter than the people who actually do this stuff for a living, but we're Marlins fans. Our team has been run by incompetence for the past 15 years. Most teams know what they're doing, and most teams will realize that what Gordon provides on the field is accurately reflected by the current contract he has, heck he may even be underpaid. If you're telling me that he won't provide us a decent package in return because of his contract, then what you're actually telling me is there isn't a trade market for Dee Gordon right now.
              Either that or it's more simply that other organizations know we'll take a pile of garbage just to have the other team pay the contract so we don't have to, so they don't offer more than that. And Hill/Loria fawn over the opportunity to dump salary.

Comment

• Good point.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  Another "rumor" and this one is a doozy. Its starting to look like teams are gonna be lining up for our guys whether or not they are on the block. Thing is we every team would be in on Yelich and 10-15 of them would be ok taking a "bad contract" too

Yelich and a "bad contract" to Philly

https://www.facebook.com/kenrosentha...46948935370833

Part of the article

Yelich? Different story.

The Phillies, according to one source, have been “vocal” about their desire to land Yelich, even expressing an interest to assume “bad money” — say, reliever Junichi Tazawa’s $7 million in 2018, for starters — as part of the deal.

Then again, 28 other clubs likely would be just as vocal if the Marlins made Yelich available, considering that he is guaranteed a “mere” $44.5 million from 2018 to ’21, including a $1.25 buyout on a club option for ’22 — and that he has taken a step back offensively this season, perhaps lowering the Fish’s asking price.

The Marlins continue to say they will not consider moving controllable pieces such as Yelich, outfielder Marcell Ozuna and catcher J.T. Realmuto until they gain clarity on the sale of the club. Still, the majority of the team’s current baseball people want to rebuild, sources say. And the next owners, whoever they might be, might be looking at a $150 million payroll next season if they retain their current players and add the necessary rotation help.

- - - - - - - - - -

If u trade Ozuna u would likely get a position player in the deal but ya this is the reason why alot of people think it will be a total rebuild by 2019 and not just a few guys gone. Our system is terrible so if u trade 3 or 4 bats there really is no one to take a spot. U can trade RP because we have 4 ML ready guys waiting to come up.

The issue with Prado,Gordon,Stanton are contracts. While all 3 would bring back solid deals,all 3 get dinged on the bad contracts. No team is giving up a solid prospect AND taking ALL of Dee Gordon's 30 million
                  I read that Ken Rosenthal post, and really it's a whole bunch of nothing. He ultimately says that despite the fact that he heard about this potential Yelich and Stanton trade, that Philly isn't interested in Stanton, Miami isn't looking to trade Yelich, and there is nothing going on with Stanton or Yelich right now. It was one of the most pointless rumor articles I've ever seen.

Comment

• Good lord the White Sox know how to rebuild. Amazing what a competent FO can do. They're going to have Kopech and Cease in the rotation soon with Moncada and Eloy in the lineup. Good gravy

Chicago White Sox‏Verified account @whitesox 4m4 minutes agoMore #WhiteSox have acquired OF Eloy Jiménez, RHP Dylan Cease, 1B Matt Rose & INF Bryant Flete from the Cubs in exchange for LHP José Quintana.
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Good lord the White Sox know how to rebuild. Amazing what a competent FO can do. They're going to have Kopech and Cease in the rotation soon with Moncada and Eloy in the lineup. Good gravy

[FONT="]Chicago White Sox‏Verified account @whitesox 4m4 minutes agoMore #WhiteSox have acquired OF Eloy Jiménez, RHP Dylan Cease, 1B Matt Rose & INF Bryant Flete from the Cubs in exchange for LHP José Quintana.[/FONT]
                      Thats how u rebuild. Trade guys who are too old for the the rebuild/get high level talent in return who fit in(age wise). Got Top 2 prospects in Cubs system(Jimenez was #5 in MLB/Cease #83) and 2 lower level guys

Kopech,Cease,Giolito,Rey Lopez,Fulmer,Dunning,Alec Hansen for the rotation by 2019. Moncada,Jimenez,Robert in the lineup

Plus they still have Derek Holland,Todd Frazier,Robertson,Abreu,Melky Cabrera still to move

- - - - - - - - - -

Dan Straily market just got bigger and return too
                      Last edited by tjfla; 07-13-2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• Straily was my first thought when i saw the haul Quintana just got the White Sox. Get the best possible package from the Astros and id trade Straily.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                          Straily was my first thought when i saw the haul Quintana just got the White Sox. Get the best possible package from the Astros and id trade Straily.
                          Doubtful for Houston. Looks like Gray to Houston

Just saying the SP market is small already and soon as Quintana/Gray are dealt its Straily/Volquez on top of many lists. Before people shit on Volquez,dont forget he is signed for next year so alot cheaper than a FA at 3/30

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Doubtful for Houston. Looks like Gray to Houston

Just saying the SP market is small already and soon as Quintana/Gray are dealt its Straily/Volquez on top of many lists. Before people shit on Volquez,dont forget he is signed for next year so alot cheaper than a FA at 3/30
                            Id rather just have someone from our system replace Volquez and pitch poorly rather than signing a free agent SP non ace. FA SP non ace pitchers are the least effective way to spend money, IMO, except for maybe relievers. Exhibit A is giving a guy like Volquez more than 10 million a year in free agency when he is average at best.

- - - - - - - - - -

Volquez, Ramos, Koehler, Phelps, Prado should be our only moves at the deadline. Keep the core bats, trade the pitchers and contracts, hope to get a guy like Arrieta that the cubs got from the orioles a few years back and try to get the best out of them/take stabs at high potential low minors players like the Astros did with Martes from us. Then see if we can sign one of the ace's over the winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              Id rather just have someone from our system replace Volquez and pitch poorly rather than signing a free agent SP non ace. FA SP non ace pitchers are the least effective way to spend money, IMO, except for maybe relievers. Exhibit A is giving a guy like Volquez more than 10 million a year in free agency when he is average at best.

- - - - - - - - - -

Volquez, Ramos, Koehler, Phelps, Prado should be our only moves at the deadline. Keep the core bats, trade the pitchers and contracts, hope to get a guy like Arrieta that the cubs got from the orioles a few years back and try to get the best out of them/take stabs at high potential low minors players like the Astros did with Martes from us. Then see if we can sign one of the ace's over the winter.
                              I agree for the most part. Though I think if you get a crazy offer for Straily, you do trade him. Otherwise, do what you said - hold onto him and trade the other guys.

Comment

• http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...161302008.html

Barring any trade offers that are too tempting to refuse, those players who the Marlins intend to keep include outfielders Christian Yelich and Marcell Ozuna, catcher J.T. Realmuto, starting pitcher Dan Straily and first baseman Justin Bour.

“I would do a complete fire sale,” opined one National League source who has had conversations with the Marlins’ front office. “But they’re not going to. I’ve been told Realmuto, Yelich, Ozuna and Straily are untouchable.”

- - - - - - - - - -

Gotta love how everyone in baseball knows the Fish need to have a fire sale except the Owner/GM!!

He can't right now because of the sale(All the groups wanna make decisions on those guys themselves) but if he wasn't selling the idiot would probably be happy trying to add old cheap pieces like last year

U are looking at the list of 15 guys I mentioned earlier as guys gone or tradeable(since a team can't get rid of 15 guys)

Comment

Working...
                                X