Marlins @ Nationals 2017 Series Opener Thread: 4/3-4/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
    in both the boredom and the inevitability of the result.

- - - - - - - - - -

bour up again against a lefty with 2 men on....

- - - - - - - - - -

and he strikes out. if only there was a lengthy career sample size that would have shown us that this bour playing every day thing was going to work out horribly. At least there werent several different guys available this offseason who could have turned our 1b position into a strength instead of a weakness half of the time. If only.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bour against righties the last 3 years: .840 OPS.
    Napoli against lefties the last 3 years: .896 OPS

Bour against lefties for his career: .564.

This team is incredibly fucking stupid.
    Everyone knows he can't hit lefties but when u have a cheapskate owner u have to play what u got. Napoli arguement is dead,u can't pay a guy 10 million to platoon no matter how good he is against LHP

Its the same with DD,Mattingly knows he shouldn't play against LHP but with a 4 man bench u can't do alot of stuff u wanna

Sad thing is every team's scouting know that Bour nor DD can hit LHP so in later innings if they are up with a chance all u gotta do is bring in a lefty to face them

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    yeah I know but i inexplicably don't get it on either channel in orlando
    Hey we get a Magic/Nets game atleast!!! Looks like tons of defense gonna be played

FIRE HENNIGAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
      Everyone knows he can't hit lefties but when u have a cheapskate owner u have to play what u got. Napoli arguement is dead,u can't pay a guy 10 million to platoon no matter how good he is against LHP

Its the same with DD,Mattingly knows he shouldn't play against LHP but with a 4 man bench u can't do alot of stuff u wanna

Sad thing is every team's scouting know that Bour nor DD can hit LHP so in later innings if they are up with a chance all u gotta do is bring in a lefty to face them

- - - - - - - - - -

Hey we get a Magic/Nets game atleast!!! Looks like tons of defense gonna be played

FIRE HENNIGAN!!!!
      You can pay a platoon guy 10 million, especially with all the injuries this team always has that will allow him to inevitably be more than a platoon guy. We paid 8 million for a fucking set up guy in brad ziegler, i dont want to hear we cant pay 10 million for 30 hr's and a guy who will turn our 1b position from a mid .700 OPS to a mid .800 OPS and will produce runs.

- - - - - - - - - -

Its just a further indication of their complete lack of understanding of market inefficiencies. Paying 11 million total between napoli and Bour for a mid .800 OPS total at 1b in the middle of our lineup is not a lot. Paying 8 million for a set up man at the easiest position to find in RP is simply stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
        Welcome to my pain.
        There were a few games I remember pre empted last year but why the hell isnt it on either channel?
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

There were a few games I remember pre empted last year but why the hell isnt it on either channel?
          I dont understand why you guys dont get it in Orlando. IS it because of the rays or magic games, because when i was at FSU i would get every single marlins game weirdly enough.

- - - - - - - - - -

Man, i just was looking at some old hanley highlights and some of the old guys on the team could provide a great game invoking great old memories: name old obscure Marlins.

Just saw the artist formerly known as leo nunez. Cody ross. Joe Borchard. Wes Helms.

Comment

Pretty much every Marlins game on MLB Network is blacked out, and then I guess the later Magic game pre-empts the earlier Marlins game.

Comment

JT homer to tie the game. He is a top 5 catcher in this league already, possibly top 3 hitter behind Lucroy and Posey unless im forgetting somebody.

Comment

J.T. in beastmode so far this season. Unfortunately not much help from the rest of these losers.

Comment

lol ya thats another hr by zimmerman for sure.

- - - - - - - - - -

tazawa and ziegler- 14 million combined this year. Buy a fucking bat. stop spending significant money on relievers who are easily replaceable.

Comment

JT homer to tie the game. He is a top 5 catcher in this league already, possibly top 3 hitter behind Lucroy and Posey unless im forgetting somebody.
                    Contreras and Sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                      Contreras and Sanchez
                      Wilson Contreras, at least at this point, i dont think you can say is a better hitter than JT, although they are similar. Off the top of my head right now i dont even know what sanchez you are referring to.

Edit- Gary Sanchez i dont think is nearly as good as he made himself out to be last year. I think him, Contreras, and JT are all different kinds of hitters but they are all similar.

- - - - - - - - - -

Gordon showed bunt on strike 1. IF this fucker bunts right here im going to go crazy.

Comment

Dee is quite useless.

Comment

Dee Gordon is one of the few players you don't mind bunting considering you know he can beat them out.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            Dee Gordon is one of the few players you don't mind bunting considering you know he can beat them out.
                            Fuck bunting in any situation. It is a mathematically fucking stupid play.

Comment

The one saving grace for this team and its fans is that Loria is going to sell the team 100% in the next year. If he showed no signs of selling the team, im not sure how much more i could take of this team, and ive been a die hard fan my entire life and I dont ever change allegiances for sports teams. I sat through Nate Bump and Armando Almanza, and it is one thing to be bad every year, but its another to be this completely inept in every aspect of running an organization from scouting, drafting, evaluating their own players incorrectly, evaluating other players incorrectly, hell, even treating our own players correctly, this is the worst run organization in sports and it is going to be one of the best days in south florida sports history aside from championships when Loria sells this team.
                              Couldn't have said it better, Loria is THE worst owner and may be the worst ever in professional sports period. I don't change alliegencies either, but if Loria doesn't sell by the end of this season I am done with the Marlins. 23 of the 25 years of this franchise have been bad to awful. I'm nearig 60 years of age.....I do't have much time left to deal with his shit

Comment

Fuck bunting in any situation. It is a mathematically fucking stupid play.
                                Bunting for a hit when you are a Dee Gordon or a Billy Hamilton is far different than normal players bunting...stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X