Alvarez & Latos to the 15-day DL.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jay View Post
    Hugg, official site posted and article saying Rienzo is to be called up. Also, when you scratch Nicolino's start, why would you replace him with a spot starter instead of a guy who's already on extra rest. Morey hadn't pitched in awhile but was still transitioning from the bullpen. Misch's spot in the rotation was before Rienzo but if the organization would rather give more rest to the 26th year old so Nicolino could start on normal rest instead of bumping a 33 year old. The situation doesn't make sense unless they planned on Rienzo for the weekend and just knew that he couldn't make it to Miami before last night's game so they didn't make the transaction yet and then Nicolino for Tuesday's start.
    I know Rienzo is getting called up. I'm simply saying he was always scheduled to start Saturday, that's why he didn't pitch yesterday. If the decision was made yesterday to scratch Nicolino, you don't go to the guy scheduled to pitch on Saturday and tell him he's pitching tonight. Sure, he was on regular rest, but I'm sure his throw days and such were based on pitching Saturday.

Misch pitched game 1 because he was scheduled to start Thursday and it got rained out. Thu - Misch, Fri - Nicolino, Sat - Rienzo was the scheduled rotation before that series started.

If you make a decision to scrap a starter on the same day, you go to a bullpen guy. You don't go to a guy who wasn't expecting to pitch that day.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
      I know Rienzo is getting called up. I'm simply saying he was always scheduled to start Saturday, that's why he didn't pitch yesterday. If the decision was made yesterday to scratch Nicolino, you don't go to the guy scheduled to pitch on Saturday and tell him he's pitching tonight. Sure, he was on regular rest, but I'm sure his throw days and such were based on pitching Saturday.

Misch pitched game 1 because he was scheduled to start Thursday and it got rained out. Thu - Misch, Fri - Nicolino, Sat - Rienzo was the scheduled rotation before that series started.

If you make a decision to scrap a starter on the same day, you go to a bullpen guy. You don't go to a guy who wasn't expecting to pitch that day.
      That makes sense. But I still don't understand keeping Nicolino on normal rest while not trying to do the same for Rienzo. It's like oh you're 26 already and we just acquired you for depth so we'd rather not just skip the organizational filler starter in the rotation. At this point, you can't say with any confidence any of Nicolino, Urena, Rienzo, or Conley have a better probability of future success than the others. Basically you hope they all turn into number 4s and ride them through the club control years.

I can't decide if I would rather see Nicolino come up and fail to show the FO how misguided they've been for presenting him as this awesome prospect when he clearly isn't. He's a guy you let develop and hope for the best because chances are he doesn't make it and if he does he's not the ace of the staff like he was in AA, he's the number 5. Fun fact on Nicolino his FIP has increased steadily at every stop in the minors; so far in AAA this year it's 4.10. I wouldn't be surprised to hear no one in the FO knows what FIP is and expect them to say he's got a 2.09 ERA in the PCL so he must be good.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        hopefully they are so bad Loria decides to sell. That'll be worth a 100 loss season.
        This is my hope too, but I am sure it is just a pipe dream.

Comment

I doubt he'll sell the team before he gets his all star game

Comment

The team will have to be pried from his cold, dead hands.

Our only hope is if we can find a nice young lady to record him making racist statements on the phone.

Comment

[MENTION=24]McLevin[/MENTION] and I were talking about that today

He said even though it's wrong to wish someone die it would be the quickest way to rebuilding, and I said that's not the case. If he were to die and his estate goes into probate, whoever he left the team to would have to want to sell it, first and foremost. Then there would have to be a vetting of candidates, ownership groups formed, bidding, financing, approval by MLB and the 29 owners, etc. Could take quite a while. Whereas, if there's a scandal, he'd be forced out so quickly the whole thing would be expedited.
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I don't get why the other owners or the MLB should be involved in the sale of a team.

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
                  Our only hope is if we can find a nice young lady to record him making racist statements on the phone.
                  Why Jennings over Mike Hill? smdh

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                    Why Jennings over Mike Hill? smdh
                    Jennings is a Leader of Men
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Hill said Henderson Alvarez has not received a MRI since going on the DL a second time this season with right shoulder inflammation.

“We want to let everything calm down and see where he’s at,” Hill said. “So, after a week or so, we’ll start to ramp him up again. If it’s better, then he’ll continue. If not, then we’ll get him a MRI.”

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/ml...#storylink=cpy
                      Seriously, considering not doing an MRI on Alvarez? Is this how other organizations operate? Did Loria say MRIs are too expensive so try and do without?

Comment

Rienzo is coming into the game, so it's likely going to be Brad Hand on Wednesday.

- - - - - - - - - -

However, Kendry Flores is slated to start tomorrow for Double-A Jacksonville, so you never know.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Latos is scheduled to start Saturday replacing fan favorite Brad Hand in the rotation.

Comment

Comment

I'd rather see Flores, Conley, or Rienzo and let Latos have another rehab start.

Comment

Cosart is starting today in AAA and that would align his next start with David Phelp's next start, against the New York Yankees next Tuesday. So on Monday, the rotation should look like this:
                                Koehler vs NYY
                                Cosart vs NYY
                                Urena @ NYY
                                Latos @ NYY
                                Haren @CIN

If they are serious about keeping Flores and/or Conley up in the big leagues, no reason one of them shouldn't replace Koehler in the rotation at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X