No announcement yet.

Dan Jennings Era Begins with a 13 Inning Loss to Diamondbacks, 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jay must've really hated the 2003 team with Pierre and Castillo.

Comment

Marlins are in last place. The Dan Jennings ERA is a success.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        ur a weirdo

like, it's not sustainable, and it's not the best style of play for winning games, but if you can't just enjoy watching what he's done the last month and a half, I don't know how you can enjoy baseball.
        look man, he may have the 4th most hits ever this early in the season and be playing the best 2B in baseball, but he's gotten out on the bases sometimes and that's just not fucking acceptable

Comment

#TradeDeeGordon

Comment

like, I get what he's saying. I wish the front office didn't target players because they can run fast, and I think at some point, Gordon falls back to earth and has a long stretch like last season's second half.

but a big part of why I like being into sabermetrics is when things just confound your expectations. we know a lot about what makes for winning baseball, but what makes following sports fun is when the unexpected happens. that's what is happening with Dee right now, and it's incredibly fun. just enjoy the ride, man.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              Jay must've really hated the 2003 team with Pierre and Castillo.
              I don't have a problem with Castillo. If Dee could learn to walk that much and keep his K rate this low he's an entirely different player. Not exactly a Pierre fan; he had 2 good years that happened in 03-04 but he struck out half as often as Dee currently is and had a slightly higher walk rate.

- - - - - - - - - -

like, I get what he's saying. I wish the front office didn't target players because they can run fast, and I think at some point, Gordon falls back to earth and has a long stretch like last season's second half.
              Exactly. He wasn't a trade target because they thought he could hit .350; they saw how fast he could run and were like oh my gosh, we need him to lead off which is awful logic. Also, all that speed leads the league in caught stealing.

- - - - - - - - - -

His defense wasn't also advertised as this good. The trade made no baseball sense at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                The trade made no baseball sense at the time.
                Well, this isn't true at all.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-19-2015, 09:46 AM.
                poop

Comment

Well, this isn't true at all.
                  The FO targeted a second baseman who runs fast and got a 5th starter, a utility guy, and cash for a solid reliever, a good pitching prospect, a utility guy, and a utility guy who can catch. Cash isn't a baseball decision. They gave up a utility guy for a utility guy. They had a second baseman ready in the minors. They had a plethora of options to be a 5th starter; one of whom was involved in the trade. How does it make baseball sense at the time?

Comment

You do realize that Dee Gordon is in his prime and had a good year last year, right? It's unfair to say that the trade made no sense. I think they overpaid a bit to get him, but he's become a pretty good player and is much more than just fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                      The FO targeted a second baseman who runs fast and got a 5th starter, a utility guy, and cash for a solid reliever, a good pitching prospect, a utility guy, and a utility guy who can catch. Cash isn't a baseball decision. They gave up a utility guy for a utility guy. They had a second baseman ready in the minors. They had a plethora of options to be a 5th starter; one of whom was involved in the trade. How does it make baseball sense at the time?
                      Dee had a proven track record. We can project Kike or Deitrich as 2.5 WAR players, but they'd never actually done it. Dee had.

I didn't like the trade at the time, but it's ridiculous to suggest the trade made NO baseball sense.
                      poop

Comment

The worst part about [MENTION=28]Jay[/MENTION]'s post is that when he said "They had a second baseman ready in the minors" I had no idea who he was talking about until I read [MENTION=43]Bobbob1313[/MENTION]'s post.

I hate this FO.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'll concede to it not making any baseball sense, but they certainly overpaid. He had one season as a league average player.

Comment

They absolutely overpaid in terms of talent, in order to get the $10 million. Trading for Dee wasn't bad, it was that they had to gut the farm system in order to get the Dodgers to toss in $10 million.

The moves they made this offseason were much more frustrating from a financial perspective -- and for what it said about the organization's goals and focus -- than from a baseball perspective. They took back money in every deal. This was the "new Marlins?"
                            poop

Comment

The Yankees deal was brilliant. Not just saying that because Phelps is acting like a stud in the rotation. He didn't have the upside Eovaldi did but I think they could be counted on for similar performances. Prado is definitely better than Jones. Everything else they did was meh or bad.

Comment

the Latos trade was good.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X