• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MLB Trade Rumors‏
    @mlbtraderumors
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    Righty Tom Koehler drawing significant interest on open market: https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/...m-koehler.html
    A truly laugh out loud tweet from mlbtraderumors this morning. Nice way to start the week. But he had really godo results out of the bullpen for the Blue jays and its fitting that he would now be a solid piece for a team out of the bullpen when it was painfully obvious for years here that he would be much better out of the bullpen. Just yet another example of this team not being able to evaluate and maximize its own talent.

Comment

• [tweet]940241841286500353[/tweet]

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        [tweet]940241841286500353[/tweet]
        Is jeter the head of baseball operations? Cause im pretty sure he's not. He's not involved with baseball decision making, at least not in a major and intimate way. That's denbo and Hill. He probably should be there, but im pretty sure thats not part of his job title.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's like being mad that Loria isnt at the winter meetings. Doesnt really make much sense and its not his place to be there. Trust the baseball people to follow what general direction youve instructed them to take. Again, more ridiculous jeter hate.

Comment

• Yes, his title includes Head of baseball operations.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Yes, his title includes Head of baseball operations.
            ok well regardless, he isnt in charge of making baseball decisions. IF you think he is working the phones and making calls to GM's that's just not the case. Hill and Denbo are the guys in charge of making moves.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              ok well regardless, he isnt in charge of making baseball decisions. IF you think he is working the phones and making calls to GM's that's just not the case. Hill and Denbo are the guys in charge of making moves.
              He still should be there to make a statement and take questions. It's part of the job. A job it's becoming more and more evident that he isn't currently qualified for.

Comment

• Man, Jeter must have the easiest fucking job in the world. Paying himself 5 million a year after only investing 25 million into the purchase of the team and he doesn't have to answer to lackluster moves, one of which included trading the NL MVP.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
                  He still should be there to make a statement and take questions. It's part of the job. A job it's becoming more and more evident that he isn't currently qualified for.
                  does anyone really care what he has to say? He isnt making baseball moves. He might have the title but he isnt calling teams and looking for trades. I care 100X more about what Denbo and hill have to say when answering questions than Jeter. Also, Jeter hasnt answered a question in an interesting manner his entire career, he isnt going to start now.

Comment

• So is Jeter's job just to be an anger magnet? Paid $5 million a year to take criticism from the media and anger from the fans. While the people with serious investment in the team take care of the money and the baseball people construct the roster.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                    So is Jeter's job just to be an anger magnet? Paid $5 million a year to take criticism from the media and anger from the fans. While the people with serious investment in the team take care of the money and the baseball people construct the roster.
                    Wow, it just dawned on me. He's just the new David Samson.

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                      So is Jeter's job just to be an anger magnet? Paid $5 million a year to take criticism from the media and anger from the fans. While the people with serious investment in the team take care of the money and the baseball people construct the roster.
                      Loria goes to the winter meetings and interferes with baseball decisions when he is not a baseball operations guy- "Enough, get this clown out of here he shouldnt be interfering with baseball moves.

Jeter, technically the head of baseball operations but with no true baseball decision making power doesnt go to the winter meetings- "What is he doing???? Why isnt the owner at the winter meetings and interfering with his baseball operations guys!!!!"

He is the new samson. Except that Samson liked attention and would talk publicly and Jeter hasnt said an interesting syllable his entire career.

Comment

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow, it just dawned on me. He's just the new David Samson.
                        I love how Samson made a quote along the lines of "if he has a plan, I don't see it" in regards to Jeter and the Stanton move.

Comment

• Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          I love how Samson made a quote along the lines of "if he has a plan, I don't see it" in regards to Jeter and the Stanton move.
                          I like samson, but that's rich coming from the guy who was the president of the team the last however many years and we didnt see a consistent plan at any time during his tenure. The only time we could be said to have a plan was the rebuild in 2006.

Comment

I like samson, but that's rich coming from the guy who was the president of the team the last however many years and we didnt see a consistent plan at any time during his tenure. The only time we could be said to have a plan was the rebuild in 2006.
                            That explains a lot.

Comment

That explains a lot.
                              as a person, i think he is funny. Obviously not as a president of a baseball team.

Comment

Is jeter the head of baseball operations? Cause im pretty sure he's not. He's not involved with baseball decision making, at least not in a major and intimate way. That's denbo and Hill. He probably should be there, but im pretty sure thats not part of his job title.

- - - - - - - - - -

It's like being mad that Loria isnt at the winter meetings. Doesnt really make much sense and its not his place to be there. Trust the baseball people to follow what general direction youve instructed them to take. Again, more ridiculous jeter hate.
                                Why do u think Mike Hill was kept around and they let him keep the President title? The man loves to go to the meetings and bs around. Jeter and Denbo can deal with other stuff and Mike Hill can smile/shake hands

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                                Someone should tell Samson at least he said he has a "plan". Jeff Loria had NO plan ever and Samson's job was to do nothing

- - - - - - - - - -

Jon Heyman‏Verified account @JonHeyman · 13h13 hours ago

Before getting the yankees to agree to send them guzman and devers, miami started at the top, asking for adams, sheffield or florial. Cant blame them for trying. #giancarlo

Its amazing how much harder it is to get talent when the options are 2 teams instead of 25. U can ask for the moon but will never get it

Comment

Working...
                                X