Marlins Trade Giancarlo Stanton to Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dim View Post
    This deal and the Cardinals are separate things. I don't care if Ozuna nets us 5 top 100 prospects. This Yankees deal still sucks.
    it doesnt, but we can disagree. This team needs to get its finances under control on top of rebuilding. If you want to blame anyone blame Loria for years of ignoring the minor leagues and because of that then having to sign mediocre free agents to large deals. That is the main reason stanton is now gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      Let's see what we get from the cards for Ozuna and then reassess from there.
      Probably not as much as you think. I see them trying to package in Ziegler and taking less prospect wise also still probably have to include cash.

- - - - - - - - - -

So far they aren't rebuilding they are just dumping salary.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        I don't get how you give them a pass for basically calling out Stanton to approve a deal or we will leave you on the team with no one. They handled it HORRIBLE and gave up all leverage immediately. They fucked up royally.
        them doing that retained some of the leverage that they gave up because of the NTC. Stanton called their bluff though. They were in a no win situation here.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
          Once again it is the team putting constraints on itself.

If you want to say this is Jeffrey Loria giving one last middle finger to the team he ran then that would be a correct answer. But saying this deal in terms of value and timing is correct would just be so far from it.

- - - - - - - - - -

Once again it is the team putting constraints on itself.

If you want to say this is Jeffrey Loria giving one last middle finger to the team he ran then that would be a correct answer. But saying this deal in terms of value and timing is correct would just be so far from it.
          Listen, I agree that it sucks that we root for a franchise like this, but, all things considered, they had to do it. Because of Loria.

If you're mad about this deal, just imagine how mad you'd be when we traded Christian Yelich for garbage because we had to attach Wei-Yin Chen's contract to the deal. This team has a bunch of bad contracts. Loria sucks.

Comment

them doing that retained some of the leverage that they gave up because of the NTC. Stanton called their bluff though. They were in a no win situation here.
            THEY DIDN'T EVEN MEET WITH STANTON TO GET A LIST OF APPROVED TEAMS!!!!!!! They fucked up, simple as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by flamarlins93 View Post
              Probably not as much as you think. I see them trying to package in Ziegler and taking less prospect wise also still probably have to include cash.

- - - - - - - - - -

So far they aren't rebuilding they are just dumping salary.
              They will get a really big deal for Ozuna. They will finally get a top of the rotation guy in Flaherty, another solid SP guy like Alcantara or hudson, plus a few OF's.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
              THEY DIDN'T EVEN MEET WITH STANTON TO GET A LIST OF APPROVED TEAMS!!!!!!! They fucked up, simple as that.
              it's been reported his list was fluid. Hence why he allowed the cardinals and giants to meet with him.

Comment

They actually did however when the time came his people told Jeter it wasn't his Approval list but his "Preferred List" which is why people kept saying Stanton has no chance of coming back. Jeter lost his shit when he heard that and wouldn't even talk to Stanton or his people after

This was the whole reason they made deals with St Louis and SF. Jeter thought they were on it only to be told nope

Comment

I don't get how you give them a pass for basically calling out Stanton to approve a deal or we will leave you on the team with no one. They handled it HORRIBLE and gave up all leverage immediately. They fucked up royally.
                  The team devalued their own star player and other teams took notice.

It's like if I had this great new toy, and everybody else knew it was the best toy but I say it's not as cool as it looks and I don't want it anymore, other people are gonna want it, but they won't pay top dollar bc I've been saying how it isn't as good as it seems.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Stanton's list was 4 teams. 2 teams that apparently didn't want him (Cubs, Astros), the Dodgers who couldn't afford him (luxury tax issues), and the Yankees. The Marlins were going to have minimal leverage whether they spoke with him or not.

I love Stanton and wish we rooted for a real franchise that kept players they lock up long-term, but the reality is that when you trade a contract like that, you're not getting much.

The Rangers only got Soriano and Joaquin Arias for prime ARod, and the Rangers absorbed more money at the time than the Marlins currently are.

Comment

• Another sad chapter in Marlins history.

Comment

They will get a really big deal for Ozuna. They will finally get a top of the rotation guy in Flaherty, another solid SP guy like Alcantara or hudson, plus a few OF's.

- - - - - - - - - -

it's been reported his list was fluid. Hence why he allowed the cardinals and giants to meet with him.
                        Really? U are telling me u will get great value when the guy can't say NO and doesn't have a 300 million dollar contract?

Comment

• There's also too much made out of prospect lists.

If you ask me, Jorge Guzman's future is more interesting than Tyler Beede's. Beede just has past pedigree on his side, but compare their scouting reports.

Comment

• I mean, go ahead and spin this however you want but I really don't give a shit. What good does it do me to look for the silver lining at this point? The Marlins will drop further into irrelevance.

I'm just going to vent.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                              Really? U are telling me u will get great value when the guy can't say NO and doesn't have a 300 million dollar contract?
                              took me a second to recognize the sarcasm there. Really looking forward to the Ozuna haul. hopefully it get's done soon and we can then move to bour and straily.

Comment

took me a second to recognize the sarcasm there. Really looking forward to the Ozuna haul. hopefully it get's done soon and we can then move to bour and straily.
                                What happens when Ozuna says he doesn't wanna go to St Louis?? He can't say NO? HMMMM HAHA

Comment

Working...
                                X