Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did the Marlins Win Their First Road Game on 4/22? Does a Bear Shit in the Woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BGF, I have been thinking about this a lot lately as well. The only issue I can find is that there isn't a great matchup. The Marlins need a first baseman and to be honest there are not really any elite first base prospects. There's C.J. Cron of the Angels, Dan Vogelbach of the Cubs, Matthew Olson from the A's and Kyle Parker from the Rockies. I don't think any of those guys are gonna be great. The Marlins could get creative and move a third baseman or an outfielder to first (Joey Gallo from Texas would be nice)
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Let's hope we keep him because we'll be in contention.

Also excited to see how we manage Heaney in the minors. Would be nice to fill in that 4th spot with him. I guess they'd have to trade Turner first.
      STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
        Offer him a 6 year contract with an option. Tick tock.
        Capps has some upside for sure but we can probably afford to wait a bit.
        --------------------
        Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
        We already have a top prospect at third, a SS with a good glove and hitting well now...I think we have options at second with Dietrich...Salty is on a deal long enough where getting a catching prospect would be a waste of Cishek's value...so maybe first base or a top Ace-quality starter? Our outfield is stacked both on the club and in the minors.
        SS is still a huge need.
        Last edited by Mainge; 04-23-2014, 11:16 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Boys, I think the offensive explosion was a much bigger deal.
          This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

SS and 2B are still big needs, I think. Dietrich is a platoon player even if this whole thing works out. 1B is a minor need, though one that can be filled more easily.
            poop

Comment

SS is a huge need. Hechavarria still cant hit.

Dietrich, with his ability to play all 4 infield spots and likely at least LF(not well at any of them, probably, but in a pinch) and pop in his bat would make him a very good super utility guy IMO.
              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
              Noah Perio
              Jupiter
              39 AB
              15 H
              0 2B
              0 3B
              0 HR
              0 BB
              .385/.385/.385

Comment

Pretty sure Dietrich should never play SS, but other than that I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                  SS is a huge need. Hechavarria still cant hit.

Dietrich, with his ability to play all 4 infield spots and likely at least LF(not well at any of them, probably, but in a pinch) and pop in his bat would make him a very good super utility guy IMO.
                  His ability based on what?

Comment

Well, he can play 2B and 3B, most infielders can play 1B and most baseball players can play LF. Don't think that's a ridiculous assertion.
                    poop

Comment

If it's based on that, you could probably say that for a bunch of infielders. I don't see how a guy can be considered a "very good super utility guy" when he sucks defensively at every position.

Comment

Originally posted by lou View Post
                        Offer him a 6 year contract with an option. Tick tock.
                        If he's not signed before the start of next season...
                        --------------------
                        And you can't really compare Cishek to Urbina trade when Urbina was over a decade ago and the consensus was we vastly overpaid at the time.
                        Last edited by nny; 04-23-2014, 02:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          If it's based on that, you could probably say that for a bunch of infielders. I don't see how a guy can be considered a "very good super utility guy" when he sucks defensively at every position.
                          Because if he can hit really well then there is value in having a versatile glove attached to that, even if it's not particularly good. You have flexibility in drawing your lineup up.

There's not really any difference in value between an all-glove, no-bat utility player and the opposite.
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 04-23-2014, 06:45 PM.
                          poop

Comment

Working...
                          X