No announcement yet.

Gaby Sanchez Optioned to New Orleans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the board needs to become a more inviting place for posting. We have a ton of pageviews yet our active members have remained relatively the same since 2009. The amount of things and sarcasm is going to turn people off who lurk and might consider becoming posters.

Comment

Most of the things are people being playful with one another. I think that's more inviting to others than posters who beat their chest and claim exceptional scouting skills based on nothing, refuse to admit being wrong, call others out seemingly to only avoid admitting being wrong, make new and unrelated claims in conversations to avoid the discussion, etc. etc.

Comment

I won't disagree with that.

Comment

But also, the rest of those things are generally what occurs on every message board, so maybe that is what's more inviting.

Comment

I never claimed exceptional scouting skills. I once said I did not see it fit to draft a high school catcher who may or may not hit when we needed closer players, and I said that having seen zunino a lot I didn't think he'd play well in the majors. You were the one who said I said I had scouting skills. Maybe you were just doing a thing "being playful" and I missed it.
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

You certainly at least implied those skills when you were beating your chest about a reliever getting called up.

You said Zunino wouldn't play well in the majors and gave ridiculous reasons for why.

You cited seeing him play and assumed others haven't seen him play as to why only your opinion is valid and then proceeded to somehow have a valid opinion for all sorts of players you have not seen play.

Comment

I did not imply that so maybe you need to work on your inference skills.

The reasons I gave are no more ridiculous than the reasons you gave for my reasons being ridiculous. I did not ever say only my opinion was valid (again, words you said I said that I never said).

And again, with regards to players I never saw play, I assume you are talking about skipworth and again, I never said that I knew he'd be awful (in fact one of my "reasons" at the time was that his name was Kyle Skipworth and no one with that name could be a good player) but I said he was not the right choice at the right time.

You are very good at not stating facts, probably why you are still looking for a job

Ehe, I did a thing
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

You also said this:

Originally posted by marlins_virus.exe View Post
                  i hate us so fucking much
                  When we drafted Jose Fernandez.

It's fine that you have strong opinions about draft picks, but it's also fine for people to think it is ridiculous. That's the risk you take when you have strong opinions about draft picks.
                  poop

Comment

You also told us about Mark Appel.

Perhaps your ability to get across a point is what is lacking.

I don't think that's it though. I think you just have an ability to say things and then try to give them a different meaning that makes you look less silly after a lot of people call you out about what you said.

Comment

I told you what about Mark Appel, that I like him? I never said he'd be the next great thing or that he is best or anything else. I said what I'd seen based on the few televised games I've seen, the highlight reels, the scouting reports I've read, etc. I wasn't even making a point about him, I was stating the pitches he had.

Comment

You don't see the disconnect between what you said about Zunino and then telling us about Appel?

I don't think there's anything wrong with what you said about Appel, it's just that it humorously followed your Zunino thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                          You also said this:

When we drafted Jose Fernandez.

It's fine that you have strong opinions about draft picks, but it's also fine for people to think it is ridiculous. That's the risk you take when you have strong opinions about draft picks.
                          I have no problem with people disagreeing with my view on draft picks. That's why I don't mind you Chris. My issue is when people suppose me to have said things that I did not say. It looks like I may be wrong on Fernandez and I'll be happy if I was but again my reasoning was that I thought we needed closer prospects given that we are not the most well endowed system.

Comment

Unrelated, but will Gaby be back in time for his t-shirt night on the 30th?
                            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Remember when we had Ryan Dempster bobblehead night after we traded him?

Comment

It's at the bobble head museum.

Comment

Working...
                                X