X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Why? They both suck.
    Gotta love when bitch when we lose and bitch when they try to improve

But ya Masterson sucks worse than Turner and Cabrera would do nothing for us at 2B. We already got Solano and Valdespin there and Lucas in AAA

Comment

• They really shouldn't be buying unless it's a long term option. They are not beating out all but one of Braves/Nationals, Dodgers/Giants, Milwaukee/Cardinals, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. Really irresponsible to think they end up 2nd best of the '5' WC teams in front off them no matter what moves they make.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post

But ya Masterson sucks worse than Turner and Cabrera would do nothing for us at 2B. We already got Solano and Valdespin there and Lucas in AAA
        The fact that those guys might be upgrades over our current players who suck doesn't take away from the fact that they also suck.

Aren't Masterson and Cabrera also free agents after the year?

I'm not bitching about anything. I hope they don't make a move. They're probably not making the playoffs anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
          They really shouldn't be buying unless it's a long term option. They are not beating out all but one of Braves/Nationals, Dodgers/Giants, Milwaukee/Cardinals, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnati. Really irresponsible to think they end up 2nd best of the '5' WC teams in front off them no matter what moves they make.
          They shouldnt be buying short or long term but Loria seems to think the WC is within reach

They should be selling Cishek,Dunn,Reed Johnson,Jones,McGehee(If value up) and getting ready for next year but as long as they arent trading Marisnick for a 34 yr old who is a FA who cares

Comment

That's not trying to improve.

Trying to improve is accepting reality and using Cishek to get a long term infielder, trying to trade McGehee who is playing well over his head for someone else who could earn a spot on the team for years, and clearing room and payroll (Dunn, Jones, Baker) to make space for younger guys (Jensen, Bour, other RP) to evaluate going into next year and, theoretically, having additional money to spend on other players next offseason.

We bitch because they are idiots. If they wanted Masterson and Asdrubal (or whoever), they should have done it the day after Fernandez went down to try and pick up ground for 6 weeks and if that didn't work, they could retrade them right now.

Comment

The fact that those guys might be upgrades over our current players who suck doesn't take away from the fact that they also suck.

Aren't Masterson and Cabrera also free agents after the year?

I'm not bitching about anything. I hope they don't make a move. They're probably not making the playoffs anyway.
              Ya hey I think they should be selling but if Loria wants to spend cash to get better guys then cool

All I am saying is they need upgrades at 2B and SP and if Loria wants to spend the cash to get them they are better than the options now. If we aren't selling then at least try to get better because the team now won't make the playoffs

Like said before the issue is NO Direction
              --------------------
              Originally posted by lou View Post
              That's not trying to improve.

Trying to improve is accepting reality and using Cishek to get a long term infielder, trying to trade McGehee who is playing well over his head for someone else who could earn a spot on the team for years, and clearing room and payroll (Dunn, Jones, Baker) to make space for younger guys (Jensen, Bour, other RP) to evaluate going into next year and, theoretically, having additional money to spend on other players next offseason.

We bitch because they are idiots. If they wanted Masterson and Asdrubal (or whoever), they should have done it the day after Fernandez went down to try and pick up ground for 6 weeks and if that didn't work, they could retrade them right now.
              Lou I agree,if I was Loria I would have been selling since last Sunday/getting guys who can help next year and see what younger guys can stick next year

Actually before this winning streak the plan was to be sellers however now that they are winning Loria changed his mind

I am saying tho that the guys we have now won't be winning anything so IF he wants or thinks about getting into the WC he needs a bat(2B) and a SP which Masterson/Cabrera/Hill/Prado are
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-28-2014, 03:30 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Ya hey I think they should be selling but if Loria wants to spend cash to get better guys then cool

All I am saying is they need upgrades at 2B and SP and if Loria wants to spend the cash to get them they are better than the options now. If we aren't selling then at least try to get better because the team now won't make the playoffs

Like said before the issue is NO Direction
                To be honest, I'm not sure if those guys are any better than what we currently have. They're just names at this point.

Asdrubal Cabrera has been terrible the past two years.

As much as people dislike Hand and Turner, I think I'd rather watch them pitch than give up assets for Justin Masterson. Masterson has always been inconsistent, has trouble with walks, and now has a fastball that averages 89 mph. He's been terrible all year.

Comment

To be honest, I'm not sure if those guys are any better than what we currently have. They're just names at this point.

Asdrubal Cabrera has been terrible the past two years.

As much as people dislike Hand and Turner, I think I'd rather watch them pitch than give up assets for Justin Masterson. Masterson has always been inconsistent, has trouble with walks, and now has a fastball that averages 89 mph. He's been terrible all year.
                  Ya but if it costs Turner/Desco/Conley/Dietrich what does it matter

Desco and Conley are RP that we keep trying to make SP. Dietrich is hated by Loria and Turner is nothing. I agree that if they want a big package then it is a pass but if its Turner/Dietrich and a low level prospect or 2 then try

Comment

• Desco is doing pretty well in the minors as a starter and Conley had been a strong starter before this season. Have read scouts mention them as 4/5 starters. Why move them to the pen now when they have more value in that role?

Comment

• He says that because Desclafani was a closer at UF and Conley was a reliever early in his college career.

Obviously we'll take every opportunity to see if either can make it as a starter. Long term I see Desco becoming a great set up man and Conley could maybe be a 4 or 5 with work.

Comment

• I dont want to give up Dietrich because I think long term he will nice utility guy for the team.
                        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                        Noah Perio
                        Jupiter
                        39 AB
                        15 H
                        0 2B
                        0 3B
                        0 HR
                        0 BB
                        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• What do the Astros need really? A shortstop and outfielder? I would definitely be OK sending Marisnick for one of their young pitchers. Doubt that would work though.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            I dont want to give up Dietrich because I think long term he will nice utility guy for the team.
                            Is Loria selling the team in this scenario?

Comment

• But, but, but.....season back on!

Comment

• Clark Spencer mentions Milone, Miley and Kennedy as pitchers Marlins could target. Milone would be nice, as we have already said, I just don't know where there is a match up. Any thoughts?
                                --------------------
                                Dietrich for Milone? Anyone? I know he's hurt, but still.
                                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-28-2014, 07:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Working...
                                X