Osborne: 2-4, R, RBI, BB
    Guaimaro: 2-5, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI, K, CS
    Fisher: 3-5, R, 2B
    Ho: 0-3, RBI, 2 BB
    Givin: 5 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
    D.Bennett: 1 IP, 1 H
    Jav.Garcia: .2 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB
    Howe: L, 0 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB
    Last edited by geemoney; 08-27-2017, 08:27 PM.

Comment

I'm a bit late to this but it's probably time to call up Peters. He might get called up to be in the bullpen though, but he's part of the 2018 future rotation. Not a gimme call tho since he only has 13 starts in AA.

Sam Perez now a 2.14 ERA in Batavia.

Ethan Clark with a 2.25 ERA in Greensboro. Definitely reminiscent of what Domingo German was as a prospect before his injuries.

Comment

German is a pretty good comparison. I always thought he was younger when he had that really good year in Greensboro but turns out he was aroudn the same age.

We did a really good job in not getting rid of any core pieces and still finding ways to get some really interesting starting pitching depth. We likely didnt get an ace, but all we gave up is Hech, Phelps, and Ramos and we got like 5 really interesting potential rotation/bullpen pieces.

We actually have a decent amount of SP depth now, we just need some top of the rotation potential. In trades we got Merandy Gonzalez, Pablo Lopez, Brandon Miller, Ethan Clark, on top of guys we alreayd had developing/being drafted like Rogers, Peters, Richards. Braxton Garrett looked great too but we wont see him for 2 years likely.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
          I'm a bit late to this but it's probably time to call up Peters. He might get called up to be in the bullpen though, but he's part of the 2018 future rotation. Not a gimme call tho since he only has 13 starts in AA.

Sam Perez now a 2.14 ERA in Batavia.

Ethan Clark with a 2.25 ERA in Greensboro. Definitely reminiscent of what Domingo German was as a prospect before his injuries.
          I agree with everyone about Peters but the FO is waiting to see if we are in it before they call him up due to the fact they want him to get innings. The "plan" since he was hurt for months was to get his extra innings in AFL. If they call him up it means he can't go to the AGL and say he gets destroyed or only throws 15 innings then he gets no innings. He will get called up if they are still in it in a week or 2(most think) but right now they just want him getting innings in AA

- - - - - - - - - -

By way last week of season for NOLA,Jupiter,Batavia and likely GCL. Jax and Greensboro looking like they have 2-3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
            I agree with everyone about Peters but the FO is waiting to see if we are in it before they call him up due to the fact they want him to get innings. The "plan" since he was hurt for months was to get his extra innings in AFL. If they call him up it means he can't go to the AGL and say he gets destroyed or only throws 15 innings then he gets no innings. He will get called up if they are still in it in a week or 2(most think) but right now they just want him getting innings in AA

- - - - - - - - - -

By way last week of season for NOLA,Jupiter,Batavia and likely GCL. Jax and Greensboro looking like they have 2-3 weeks
            you know you can go to the AFL even if you have MLB service time, correct?

This from the roster rules for the AFL

No players with more than one year of credited Major League service as of August 31 are eligible, except a team may select one player picked in the most recently concluded Major League Rule 5 Draft.
            I find it unlikely that he will accrue a year of major league service time within the next 3 days, thus your whole "innings" theory is completely off base based on those rules. There is 0 reason why he should not be up here yet and why Worley and/or Nicolino are making 2/3 starts in the most important series of the year thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              you know you can go to the AFL even if you have MLB service time, correct?

This from the roster rules for the AFL

I find it unlikely that he will accrue a year of major league service time within the next 3 days, thus your whole "innings" theory is completely off base based on those rules. There is 0 reason why he should not be up here yet and why Worley and/or Nicolino are making 2/3 starts in the most important series of the year thus far.
              What does innings theory have to do with service time? Ya guys from ML rosters can go to the AFL however the point I am making is if they call him up to the majors for Sept I highly doubt he is going to the AFL in Oct. The "plan" since he got hurt for a few months was go easy with him give him Sept off and then get his innings in Oct in the AFL. I am with u I would rather have him pitch Sept and get his innings then take Oct off. The reason u don't see many guys on ML rosters going to the AFL is because most FO like giving their guys some time off to recover before Nov/Dec when most start workouts again. Not a great idea to pitch a guy in Sept then send him to pitch in Oct then right back to pitching in Nov

Very true we should take Worley who looked great vs the Nats 2 times this year out or Nicolino out and replace them with a Double AA Pitcher making his ML Debut in the most important series

Comment

What does innings theory have to do with service time? Ya guys from ML rosters can go to the AFL however the point I am making is if they call him up to the majors for Sept I highly doubt he is going to the AFL in Oct. The "plan" since he got hurt for a few months was go easy with him give him Sept off and then get his innings in Oct in the AFL. I am with u I would rather have him pitch Sept and get his innings then take Oct off. The reason u don't see many guys on ML rosters going to the AFL is because most FO like giving their guys some time off to recover before Nov/Dec when most start workouts again. Not a great idea to pitch a guy in Sept then send him to pitch in Oct then right back to pitching in Nov

Very true we should take Worley who looked great vs the Nats 2 times this year out or Nicolino out and replace them with a Double AA Pitcher making his ML Debut in the most important series
                So your theory is that, despite him missing like 3 months and around 100 innings, they will hold him out of the AFL because he would be up here pitching 4-5 starts the remainder of the year? Again, stupid theory.

Also, again, you can continue to rely on a ridiculously small sample size for Worley or you can look at his career numbers in general, as well as his career numbers vs the nats where as a team their players have combined for a nearly .840 OPS and .300 avg.

Ya, ill take the highly touted prospect. Let him pitch up here against better competition, get his innings, and then if they want to adjust the plan after accordingly based on what he has done and how man innings he pitched you can do so afterwards. The major league team contending for a playoff spot and throwing 2 below replacement level pitchers takes precedence over the fucking arizona fall league.

- - - - - - - - - -

Peters has pitched 63 innings thus far this year. He pitched 128 last year. This idea that he cant both pitch in september in the rotation and pitch in the AFL or just skip the AFL and, you know, try to make the fucking playoffs for the first time in 15 years, is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  So your theory is that, despite him missing like 3 months and around 100 innings, they will hold him out of the AFL because he would be up here pitching 4-5 starts the remainder of the year? Again, stupid theory.

Also, again, you can continue to rely on a ridiculously small sample size for Worley or you can look at his career numbers in general, as well as his career numbers vs the nats where as a team their players have combined for a nearly .840 OPS and .300 avg.

Ya, ill take the highly touted prospect. Let him pitch up here against better competition, get his innings, and then if they want to adjust the plan after accordingly based on what he has done and how man innings he pitched you can do so afterwards. The major league team contending for a playoff spot and throwing 2 below replacement level pitchers takes precedence over the fucking arizona fall league.
                  U know who else was a highly touted prospect-Justin Nicolino. U act like Dillon Peters is a Top 10 pitcher in the minors. Yes he is the best we have in the minors but if u ever have watched him he really isn't that great(Have u ever watched him?)he looks great against AA guys but some of his stuff will get crushed in the majors

Again for the 4th time I agree he should be in the ML just saying that has been the "plan" for him. I would call him up Sept 1 and put him in the rotation to replace Nicolino but they want to be cautious with him. Even Frisaro's sorry ass has heard the same thing

Comment

Well-run organizations get to keep Dillon Peters in AA and then let him pitch in the AFL, but no organization (except for the Marlins I guess) is going to let two guys who consistently are getting hammered continue to go out there and start games for them when I think everyone agrees that they are in the middle of a playoff race. Maybe Peters comes up and get crushed, I don't know, I do know Worley and Nicolino are going to get crushed. We know what we have in Nicolino and Worley, and it's not good. We gotta take chances if we're going to have a shot at this thing.

Comment

U know who else was a highly touted prospect-Justin Nicolino. U act like Dillon Peters is a Top 10 pitcher in the minors. Yes he is the best we have in the minors but if u ever have watched him he really isn't that great(Have u ever watched him?)he looks great against AA guys but some of his stuff will get crushed in the majors

Again for the 4th time I agree he should be in the ML just saying that has been the "plan" for him. I would call him up Sept 1 and put him in the rotation to replace Nicolino but they want to be cautious with him. Even Frisaro's sorry ass has heard the same thing
                      Justin Nicolino wasnt a top prospect after his first year here after he couldnt strike anyone out in Jupiter and we realized who he was as a pitcher. Peters was a first round pick who slipped because he had TJ surgery the year before the draft and has done nothing but pitch lights out while striking out a significant amount of guys. To compare him as a prospect to Nicolino any time after Nicolino's first year here is just you trying to hold onto this absurd point.

No one ever said Peters is a top 10 pitcher in the minors, or is even a sure thing to be good. But he is out best ML ready pitching prospect and we have 2 below replacement level guys in the rotation currently and are trying to chase a playoff spot.

Comment

8/28

AAA New Orleans: L, 2-0

Lombardozzi: 1-4, K
                        Colon: 1-4, K
                        Br.Anderson: 0-4, K
                        Green: 1-3
                        Copeland: L, 7 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K, 1 HRA
                        S.Gonzalez: 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

AA Jacksonville: L, 7-1

B.Lee: 1-4, 2 K
                        Vidal: 1-4, R, 2B, K
                        Serna: 1-3, K
                        Vigil: 1-3, RBI
                        Richards: L, 5 IP, 6 H, 5 R, 2 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
                        Higgins: 2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA

A+ Jupiter: Game Postponed

A Greensboro: Idle

A- Batavia: L, 6-3 (11 Innings - Game One)

B.Hernandez: 2-5, R, 3B, 2 K
                        Brooks: 2-5, RBI, K
                        Curtis: 2-5, K, CS
                        J.Barnes: 1-4, R, 2B
                        Sims: 1-4, RBI, K
                        Mateo: 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 1 BB, 3 K
                        Neubeck: L, 3 IP, 5 H, 3 ER, 0 BB, 2 K

A- Batavia: L, 2-0 (Game Two - Makeup of 8/17 Postponement)

B.Hernandez: 0-3
                        Alonso: 1-3, 2B, K
                        Karas: 1-3
                        M.Rivera: 2-3
                        Braley: L, 4 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 0 BB, 5 K
                        Lillie: 3 IP, 1 H, 4 K

GCL Marlins: Idle
                        Last edited by geemoney; 08-28-2017, 10:20 PM.

Comment

8/29

AAA New Orleans: W, 8-1

Lombardozzi: 2-4, R, RBI, 2 BB
                          Mooney: 2-6, R, 2B, RBI, K, SB
                          Sierra: 2-5, R, 2B, 3 RBI, K
                          Br.Anderson: 3-4, 2 R, 2 2B, K
                          Green: 2-5, R, 2 RBI, 3 K
                          Nola: 4-5, R, 2B, RBI
                          Kickham: W, 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 0 K
                          Guerra: 2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 1 K

AA Jacksonville: Game Postponed

A+ Jupiter: L, 1-0 (Game One)

Bird: 0-2, BB, CS
                          Silviano: 1-2, BB
                          Arrojo: 0-2, BB, CS
                          Twine: 1-3, 2B, K
                          Chen: 1.2 IP, 2 H, 1 K
                          P.Lopez: 4.2 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 4 K

A+ Jupiter: L, 3-1 (Game Two - Makeup of 8/28 Postponement)

M.Davis: 0-3, 2 K
                          Lusignan: 0-3, 3 K
                          Silviano: 2-3, R, 2B, K
                          A.Reyes: 1-2, 2B, RBI, BB, K
                          Squier: L, 4 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 1 BB, 1 K
                          Quijada: 1 IP, 2 K
                          Meyer: 1 IP, 1 K

A Greensboro: L, 4-0

Bri.Miller: 0-4, K
                          Nelson: 1-4, K
                          Rindfleisch: 0-2, 2 BB, K
                          J.Santos: 2-3, 2B, K
                          King: L, 7 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 0 BB, 2 K, 2 HRA
                          Bautista: 1 IP, 1 K

A- Batavia: W, 2-0

B.Hernandez: 1-3, R, K
                          T.Jones: 1-2, R, HR (2), 2 RBI, BB
                          Brooks: 1-3
                          M.Rivera: 0-3, 2 K
                          R.Reed: W, 6 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 4 K
                          Aiello: SV, 2 IP, 2 H, 1 BB, 3 K

GCL Marlins: W, 3-0 (Game One)

Dunand: 2-3, R, HR (1), RBI
                          Encarnacion: 2-3, 2B
                          Ho: 1-2, R, BB, SB
                          Reynoso: 1-3, 2 RBI, K
                          De Los Santos: W, 5 IP, 1 H, 2 BB, 7 K
                          Domnarski: SV, 2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB

GCL Marlins: W, 5-0 (Game Two - Makeup of 8/24 Postponement)

Ho: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI
                          Guaimaro: 1-4, 2B, RBI, K
                          Osborne: 2-4, 2 R, 2B
                          P.Garcia: 2-3, R, HR (1), 2 RBI
                          Estes: 3 IP, 1 BB
                          Alcala: W, 4 IP, 2 H, 2 K
                          Last edited by geemoney; 08-29-2017, 10:14 PM.

Comment

So Brian Anderson should be 3 days from a call up. He's OPS'ing over 1.000 in AAA. His performance should make the team feel better about trading Prado this offseason.

Comment

If Anderson doesn't get called up until September that doesn't make me very hopeful that he'll actually play. If he gets called up now, it's to take either Moore or Telis' spot on the team and they pretty much have to play him.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                                If Anderson doesn't get called up until September that doesn't make me very hopeful that he'll actually play. If he gets called up now, it's to take either Moore or Telis' spot on the team and they pretty much have to play him.
                                Not to mention the stupidity of not bringing him up a few days early to ensure that him and Peters are playoff eligible. The point of bringing them up now would be to give us better playoff hopes. The front office just doesnt care.

Comment

Working...
                                X