No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There needs to be a way for MLB to not allow teams to just pocket money given to them through revenue sharing or IFA cash and things like that. If you don't use it you should have to give it back to MLB or prove that you are using it in some way to improve the organization. I clearly dont understand how these new things like the IFA cash and other things like that work, but Loria should not be given this money to spend on players and be allowed to just pocket it. It's stealing money.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
      There needs to be a way for MLB to not allow teams to just pocket money given to them through revenue sharing or IFA cash and things like that. If you don't use it you should have to give it back to MLB or prove that you are using it in some way to improve the organization. I clearly dont understand how these new things like the IFA cash and other things like that work, but Loria should not be given this money to spend on players and be allowed to just pocket it. It's stealing money.
      Well the way IFA cash works is its really just numbers on paper. Jeff is NOT given the money-MLB just gives teams numbers so all the teams have an equal chance every year instead of Boston,LA,NYY spending 20 million. The number they are given is the max amount they can spend. This is the same with the draft.

Just say MLB says 7.3 million for the draft and 3 million for IFA-the 10.3 million is NOT actually money its a range from 0-10.3 million that the team can spend without getting in trouble. It is Jeff's cash he actually doesn't get any of that money from MLB

The thing that pisses people(fans/teams) off is he cries poor even tho 3 months ago every team got a 120 million payment

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
        Well the way IFA cash works is its really just numbers on paper. Jeff is NOT given the money-MLB just gives teams numbers so all the teams have an equal chance every year instead of Boston,LA,NYY spending 20 million. The number they are given is the max amount they can spend. This is the same with the draft.

Just say MLB says 7.3 million for the draft and 3 million for IFA-the 10.3 million is NOT actually money its a range from 0-10.3 million that the team can spend without getting in trouble. It is Jeff's cash he actually doesn't get any of that money from MLB

The thing that pisses people(fans/teams) off is he cries poor even tho 3 months ago every team got a 120 million payment
        ok so he isn't pocketing in the former case, but the latter case is an absolute embarrassment. Thats like being given a $120 million dollar advance and still claiming you somehow aren't making money. So Loria is either an absolutely abysmal businessman or a complete scumbag liar. and im pretty sure we all know which that is.

Like why on earth would we ask for cash in a deal for Jeff francouer on August 24 when his yearly salary is 1million total.

Comment

• just looking at Ozuna's numbers for the first time in a while. obviously good, but nothing close to what he was in the first half. possible trade high candidate in the offseason if someone is willing to offer a lot based off of his first half?

Comment

• Not sure how MLB does the suspension stuff anymore but for all the Jeremy Jeffress love that was going on when we chose Rodney over him.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-dwi/89398492/

Arrested for DWI. No clue what busted with but one more positive test and LIFETIME BAN.

Comment

• https://www.fanragsports.com/mlb/dia...-trade-almost/

Sources say the old regime was in serious talks on a deal that would have sent Miller to the Marlins last summer for multiple young pitchers, with Luis Castillo and Jose Urena main pieces, and Dillon Peters and Austin Brice also believed to have been discussed. Some recall the talk centering on two of those pitchers, and others thought it could have been three or four.

So instead of Miller we got Straily. Dillon Peters wasn't in deal was Castillo and either Urena or Brice plus a lower level prospect but who cares much now. Miller blew his arm out

Comment

• Luis Castillo makes his debut for Cincy on Friday

Comment

• He's been fucking incredible in the minors thus far this year, and Brice is a major league reuever. But strailly has been really good so we can't really complain plus he's under team control for the next 2 or 3 years. Seems like a good deal for both sides and we could likely get more than what we gave up for strailly if we tried to trade him at the deadline this year. I'm the first one to always complain about management and I didn't like the deal at the time but I was wrong and strailly is good. He's been really good and I have no clue how bad our rotation would have been had we not made this move.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                    He's been fucking incredible in the minors thus far this year, and Brice is a major league reuever. But strailly has been really good so we can't really complain plus he's under team control for the next 2 or 3 years. Seems like a good deal for both sides and we could likely get more than what we gave up for strailly if we tried to trade him at the deadline this year. I'm the first one to always complain about management and I didn't like the deal at the time but I was wrong and strailly is good. He's been really good and I have no clue how bad our rotation would have been had we not made this move.
                    Ya it was really Straily for Castillo.

Brice would be sitting in AAA all year with our RP depth and Zeke White was easily replaced-Thomas Jones took his place and Terry Bennett(been in system for 3 years-like a college JR)actually looks like a player. He had a a 6 RBI game last night

Comment

• Lol hadn't seen this. Posted about it in game thread.

- - - - - - - - - -

And the thing is if they trade Straily it's gotta be for an arm like Castillos. Funny how things work. ��
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                      X