Managerial Hunt 2012: All Résumés Accepted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erick View Post
    Boston fired Bobby Valentine one year after firing Terry Francona. Why is no one talking about John Henry the same way?
    Because John Henry is only on his, what 3rd manager in 10 years in Boston, and Loria is on his 7th manager (and 8th change) in that same amount of time.

One looks a little more stable than the other.

I heard Ausmus isn't interested ? Can anyone confirm that ?

If it's Redmond I'm fine with that, because unless the roster is upgraded and changed (which I'm sure it will be) it doesn't matter who the manager is.

Comment

It doesn't matter who the manager is for the most part anyway

Comment

Oak, the reports have said Ausmus isn't interested but I think he hasn't confirmed or denied that
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I also seem to recall that (at least at one time) Redmond was married to a lady from down here. IIRC her father used to call in and bitch on the radio talk shows in South Fla.

Family could be a reason to make the Marlins job more appealing for Redmond. Wives often can make compelling arguments to be near family, and if that is the case it makes it all more sense he was quick to interview for the job.

Comment

Originally posted by beinfest_virus.exe View Post
            had you seriously not ever heard of his naked BP stories before that article?
            Nope
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Oak, the reports have said Ausmus isn't interested but I think he hasn't confirmed or denied that
              Ausmus wants the Colorado job and he is making sure teams know that

The guys we are looking at are

Redmond
              Price
              Espada
              Wallach
              Bogar

Comment

Redmond once hit an inside the park home run.

Comment

Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
                  #Marlins candidates are being interviewed separately by Loria and baseball operations dept. They will convene and make decision after WS.
                  I wonder if that technique is common.
                  --------------------
                  MIAMI — Indications remain that Mike Redmond is the frontrunner, followed by Bryan Price in the Marlins search for a new manager.

Redmond interviewed for the job on Wednesday, and Price made his pitch with Miami officials on Friday.

But could there be a sleeper in the mix? If so, it very well could be Luis Gonzalez.

The 45-year-old played in parts of 19 big league seasons. His final season was in 2008, with the Marlins. So he has a connection with the club, and he fits the profile of a leader with great knowledge of the game.

Gonzalez, who was a World Series hero with Arizona in 2001, is currently a special assistant with the D-backs. There is a belief he would be interested in managing, and the Marlins are believed to have him on their short list.

The common bond with all the candidates thus far is they have no previous big league managerial experience.

Jim Riggleman, for example, would make sense if the team was looking for someone who previously worked with up and coming teams. But Miami has not reached out to Riggleman.

– Joe Frisaro
                  Probably Frisaro trying to get page views.
                  Last edited by Miamarlin21; 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

MIAMI -- A person familiar with the Miami Marlins' managerial search says they have interviewed Larry Bowa for the job.

The person confirmed the discussions to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the Marlins aren't commenting on their search. The person also said Cincinnati Reds pitching Bryan Price interviewed for the job Friday.

A third candidate is former major league catcher Mike Redmond, who interviewed Wednesday.

The 66-year-old Bowa last managed in 2004, when he finished his fourth year with the Philadelphia Phillies. He managed the San Diego Padres in 1987-88 and has a career record of 418-435.

The former Gold Glove shortstop has been an analyst the past two years for the MLB Network.
                    http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/story/2...or-marlins-job

Comment

please no Bowa
                      --------------------
                      we haven't interviewed any black guys, I wonder if we'll get in trouble
                      Last edited by emkayseven; 10-26-2012, 10:41 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                        Ausmus wants the Colorado job and he is making sure teams know that

The guys we are looking at are

Redmond
                        Price
                        Espada
                        Wallach
                        Bogar
                        Joe Espada? Why in hell would he be in the running? What makes him any kind of managerial candidate? He wasn't even a good 3B coach. If they were trying to hire from within I'd rather them hire Billy the Marlin or even one of the dancers at the Clevelander over Espada.

Comment

Well, 3B coach and manager are two different things. Performance in one has nothing to do with performance in the other.

Comment

Originally posted by Party View Post
                            Redmond once hit an inside the park home run.
                            I remember the Sportscenter split screen with this and a normal Andy Fox homer
                            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                            - Daft

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                              Well, 3B coach and manager are two different things. Performance in one has nothing to do with performance in the other.
                              The poor 3B coach bit was kind of tongue and cheek, but I don't see anything managerial about him.

Comment

we haven't interviewed any black guys, I wonder if we'll get in trouble
                                Don't have to interview them, just have to be on the list of candidates submitted to the commissioner's office. Although most clubs will still interview or attempt to anyway so as to not look like they just threw names on a list.

and it's minorities, not just black guys

which probably explains Espada

Comment

Working...
                                X