• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #1 Overall Pick Watch Thread

Houston Astros: 51-98 - ..
    Miami Marlins: 55-94 - 4GB

Tonight:
    Cincinatti Reds (Cueto) @ Houston Astros (Bedard)

Miami Marlins (Dyson) @ Philadelphia Philles (Lee)

Vegas:

Reds: -185
    Phillies: -220

Note: Carlos Rodon was born in Miami and his family is Cuban.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Houston faces all playoff teams hear on out. We only face DET. Almost half of our games are against phi.

I don't have the faith.

Comment

Yeah I am pretty sure Houston has the first pick. Now will we go with high schooler Tyler Kolek or ECU's Jeff Hoffman. I'd love to get Trea Turner as our future leadoff guy at short or second, but I don't see Miami going with a position player on back-to-back drafts.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

If we do get the #1 pick,start thanking Jeff. Imagine 20 HR 80 RBI from our 3B instead of Houston getting that,who knows if we got that we might be fighting for the 4th or 5th pick

We still have a chance at Rodon. All he has to do is tell Houston he wants a crazy number and then sign for less when we draft him. We are probably looking at Tyler Beede,Trea Turner,Alex Jackson,or Tyler Kolek tho at this point with Jeff Hoffman and Aaron Nola the cheaper options. Don't forget we have 3 #1 picks so we could try to work a deal with someone.

Comment

If Rodon is too much for Houston than he's too much for Miami. And Rodon will likely be represented by Boras.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            If Rodon is too much for Houston than he's too much for Miami. And Rodon will likely be represented by Boras.
            What I meant is if he doesn't wanna play for Houston,he could always tell them some crazy price so they pass. Sort of like the Appel thing from 2 years ago,when he was telling teams a price they couldn't afford and they passed on him

Kolek is also from Texas maybe they go with a hometown(50 miles from Houston) kid? I doubt it but Houston's FO is as unpredictable as ours

I could see Loria doing something crazy like blow most of the $ Pool on Rodon and take 5th Year Seniors the rest of the draft too

Comment

This thrad is for me.

We have a shot. Fernandez is shut down and most everyone else is hot doo-doo.

Comment

I hope we go winless the rest of the season...

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                  We still have a chance at Rodon. All he has to do is tell Houston he wants a crazy number and then sign for less when we draft him.
                  Ahehahehaheha

Comment

There's a lotta good things here.
                    --------------------
                    Tjfla citing RBI is not at all surprising, right?
                    Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-16-2013, 08:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                    poop

Comment

Cliff Lee has 3 hits and 4 RBI's vs Miami tonight.
                      --------------------
                      *I RBI'd thinged just FYI, guise.
                      Last edited by Namaste; 09-16-2013, 08:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

We've won 1 game since this thrad started.

Which is 1 more than Houston has.

They're 5 games worse than this Marlins team, boys. I don't think you realize how bad that is.

Comment

2014 Season Tickets Campaign Slogan:

"We were 5 games BETTER than the team that you didn't realize just how bad they were!"

Comment

That's not very catchy.

Comment

Hugg - metes me for the celebration

Comment

Working...
                              X