X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I thought I read something a few weeks ago going against the Verducci thing

or maybe I dreamt it

Comment

• I remember something about that last season as well.

Comment

• Mark Teixeira out 10 weeks with strained wrist

Comment

• There's this:

http://deadspin.com/5985013/time-to-...tcher-injuries

First, shoulder injuries. In order of strength of prediction, the best predictors of whether or not you will have a shoulder injury in the coming year are whether you had a shoulder injury last year, how many pitches you threw last year, whether you had a shoulder injury two years ago, how many extra batters you faced last year from the year before (with a greater increase meaning that you were less likely to be injured), and the two-strike foul rate (just barely). It's clear that guys with pre-existing conditions are a risk. This shouldn't be too big a surprise. But if you were entrusted to face more batters last year, it might be a sign that the team thinks your shoulder is OK. It's hard to tell whether the two-strike fouls issue is cause or effect. If you're not able to blow that fastball by hitters, it might be because there is some shoulder damage that's really the beginnings of an injury.

For any injury at all, there were two factors: You are more likely to get injured if you threw more pitches last year, and if you had an injury last year.
          poop

Comment

• Sale got a five-year contract extension.

Since he's already under contract for the minimum this season, it's essentially the next four years at $35 million, with two team options for $12.5 each.

That seems like a ton for his arbitration years, but the free agency years are super cheap.
            poop

Comment

• It's 32.5 mil, and it works out pretty well:

Per nbcsports

Sale was already signed for $600,000 this season, but the deal will rip that up and give him a new $850,000 salary. And then he’ll get $3.5 million in 2014, $6 million in 2015, $9.15 million in 2016, and $12 million in 2017. Chicago also now has a 2018 option for $12.5 million and a 2019 option for $13.5 million.
              I think it's a fair deal
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Yeah, the initial ESPN report I read had it wrong.
                poop

Comment

• an oldie but a goodie

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wDrw76ieTs[/ame]

Comment

• Johan Santana retore his shoulder capsule. That's probably about it for him.
                    --------------------
                    Johan's contract is not insured either.

There's one team run worse than the Marlins.
                    Last edited by HUGG; 03-28-2013, 05:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Their two highest paid OFers are Jason Bay and Bobby Bonilla.

Score one 4 Loria LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X