Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I'm the Dodgers, no way is Seager in any trade for Jose Fernandez, nor would I even do a straight up swap of the two. In July, before Seager even played a game in the majors, Dave Cameron had him ranked as the 31st best trade value in baseball. Fernandez was 23. With Seager's success in the majors and another Jose injury, I'd guess Seager ranks higher at this point.

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/2015-...the-full-list/
    Last edited by marlinsfan24; 12-30-2015, 09:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
      If I'm the Dodgers, no way is Seager in any trade for Jose Fernandez, nor would I even do a straight up swap of the two.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• We're not going to get any SP so just blow it up and rebuild for when Jeffrey sells in a couple years.

- - - - - - - - - -

tj introduced me so I'm on a first name basis with him now

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
          We're not going to get any SP so just blow it up and rebuild for when Jeffrey sells in a couple years.

- - - - - - - - - -

tj introduced me so I'm on a first name basis with him now
          Come on man!!! U know Jeff,Samson and Frisaro hate when we name drop. U still coming to lunch on Sat?? HAHA

Comment

• HAHA

Comment

• OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOH OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

Having missed the entire 2015 season after an elbow injury in 2014, Cliff Lee is looking to make a comeback -- and the Miami Marlins could be interested.

According to a report from the Miami Herald, the Marlins are looking for low-cost options to fill their rotation and are "discussing" Lee:

The Marlins, still hoping to find a pitching bargain, have been discussing several names, including Doug Fister (5-7 in 2015), Edwin Jackson (4-3) and Cliff Lee (missed 2015 with an arm injury).

Lee tore a ligament in his elbow in July of 2014, but opted to rehab instead of undergo surgery. He's been medically cleared to throw.

The 37-year-old lefty is an intriguing option on the free agent market this offseason. When healthy, he is one of the most-effective pitchers in the game, walking just 1.3 hitters per nine innings while striking out 8.1 from 2008-2014. Over that same span, Lee owned a 89-55 record and a 2.93 ERA, pitching for Cleveland, Philadelphia, Seattle and Texas.
              http://www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/m...ch-2016-010316

SUPER STOKED!!!!

- - - - - - - - - -

The Marlins have shown interest in Yankees starting pitcher Ivan Nova, according to a report from the Boston Globe's Nick Cafardo.

The report didn't say what the Marlins might be willing to surrender for Nova.

The 28-year-old right-hander is also drawing interest from other clubs as a back-end starter, the report said, and the team could move him within the next month.

Yankees pitchers and catchers report to spring training Feb. 18.

Nova has spent his entire major league career with the Yankees, who have so many rotation options that he could be expendable for the right return.

Barring injury, the changes Nova secures a spot in the Yankees' rotation isn't particular good with the likelihood that the following pitchers are ahead of him: Masahiro Tanaka, Luis Severino, Michael Pineda, Nathan Eovaldi and CC Sabathia. Righty Bryan Mitchell could also compete for a spot.
              http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2016/01/mlb_trade_rumors_yankees_miami_marlins_talk_ivan_n .html
              Originally posted by Madman81
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• amazing

Comment

• What kind of "bargain" are they looking for when they let Alvarez go over $4+ million?

Comment

• Joe Frisaro@JoeFrisaro 1m1 minute ago
                    The #Marlins are closing in on a deal w/ RHP Edwin Jackson. Hearing sides are close on a big league contract. #MLB #HotStove
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                      Joe Frisaro@JoeFrisaro 1m1 minute ago
                      The #Marlins are closing in on a deal w/ RHP Edwin Jackson. Hearing sides are close on a big league contract. #MLB #HotStove
                      Well I guess this is the kind of project they brought in Benedict for. Jackson pitched well out of the pen last year...hopefully they can get something out of him.
                      Last edited by fauowls44; 01-04-2016, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                        Well I guess this is the kind of project they brought in Benedict for. Jackson pitched well out of the pen last year...hopefully they can get something out of him.
                        Reports are he will be a SP as of today however they have offers out to about 5 other SP. If they sign 2 of them then Jackson could be in line for the pen. He should already be slated for the pen(actually was solid out of it LY)

As for Fister,they still want him however he wants a 2 yr deal and we have been talking about 1 yr with an option for year 2.
                        Last edited by tjfla; 01-04-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Thought it was dumb at first until I saw it was for the minimum. I don't think he's better than anything in our system for our rotation, but he'd be great as a veteran swingman.

Signing Fister and Lee would be pretty cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
                          What kind of "bargain" are they looking for when they let Alvarez go over $4+ million?
                          The fact he signed for more than what he would have gotten in arbitration speaks volumes man. How can they be so incompetent. At least trade the guy

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
                            Thought it was dumb at first until I saw it was for the minimum. I don't think he's better than anything in our system for our rotation, but he'd be great as a veteran swingman.

Signing Fister and Lee would be pretty cool.

- - - - - - - - - -

The fact he signed for more than what he would have gotten in arbitration speaks volumes man. How can they be so incompetent. At least trade the guy
                            Exactly my point - I don't have to explain to you how they do it all the time, it's pathetic. I get there's injury concerns, but when Oakland is the club to sign him (for more than we'd have had to pay him, had we tendered a contract, as you mentioned), I mean come on. Coupled with the fact that their big move is signing Jackson (yeah I know we'll probably add another guy or two still, but we all know they won't be the types of players we need).

I just wish the league could step in at some point and get us a new ownership group, though I guess at the moment, Loria isn't technically doing anything wrong.

Comment

• Not really new but

Jeff Passan Verified account 
                              ‏@JeffPassan Source: Market on Marcell Ozuna is moving fast. Marlins have spoken trade with multiple teams, including one West Coast team recently.

- - - - - - - - - -

We all know tho Mike Hill has stated Ozuna is NOT on the market(Well every MLB team knows thats a lie) If a team wants him the price is a younger ML arm.

We still want 2 SP. Have offers out to Fister,Kennedy,Chen,Lee and Sierra(ALL are pretty much out of our range but least they are trying)

Comment

• Let's say they trade Ozuna for a pitcher. Ok, that adds an arm to the rotation. Then what to we do in the outfield to replace Ozuna? I mean I doubt we'd suddenly find bags of money to sign one of Upton, Cespedes, Fowler, or out of the box OF options like Desmond or Davis? And if they do, why wouldn't they have just spent that on FA pitching from the beginning? Though I guess I shouldn't bother trying to think logically about their motives and potential moves.

Comment

Working...
                                X