• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J.A. Happ signs in Toronto for 3/$36.

Comment

• Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
      J.A. Happ signs in Toronto for 3/$36.
      Proving once again that if the Marlins think they can add talented free agents without spending anything in this day and age, they're clueless.

Comment

• I'd rather not have Happ.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
          Proving once again that if the Marlins think they can add talented free agents without spending anything in this day and age, they're clueless.
          Yea thats a bit more than expected. If that is the baseline price for a #4 SP, it's going to be the Lincecum-Pelfrey projection coming true.

Comment

• Originally posted by lou View Post
            Yea thats a bit more than expected. If that is the baseline price for a #4 SP, it's going to be the Lincecum-Pelfrey projection coming true.
            They won't sign anyone at those prices.

Comment

• I'm not sure what the Marlins are willing to spend, but I'm not that surprised that Happ got 3/36. That can't be too far off from what was originally expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                I'm not sure what the Marlins are willing to spend, but I'm not that surprised that Happ got 3/36. That can't be too far off from what was originally expected.
                Was asking 3/27-30 mil so likely someone else was bidding for him which pushed the price up

This is the reason why controllable pitching is so important now and why we are only wanting a controllable SP for Ozuna.

Comment

• I'm going to post a Tjfla, don't know how reliable this is, but I heard it through the grape vine. Stanton might miss next season...

Comment

• Whether that's true or totally bogus my reaction is the same.

Eye rolling disgust

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                      I'm going to post a Tjfla, don't know how reliable this is, but I heard it through the grape vine. Stanton might miss next season...
                      I haven't even seen whispers about this.
                      poop

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                        I'm going to post a Tjfla, don't know how reliable this is, but I heard it through the grape vine. Stanton might miss next season...
                        Damn u are gonna get killed on this board. How dare u post stuff that has not been confirmed!!!!

Comment

• Reporter in Seattle confirmed the reason the Ozuna to Seattle deal hasn't taken place YET is because Miami's asking price is Taijuan Walker(which it should be) and Seattle told them he isn't available

- - - - - - - - - -

Barry Jackson also had a nice tidbit

### One wealthy businessman who approached the Marlins said Jeffrey Loria remains adamant that he’s not selling, but the person holds out hope he could change his mind after the team plays host to the 2017 All-Star Game.

He said the Marlins indicated that if Loria sells, he would ask for $1 billion. Forbes estimates the team’s worth at $650 million.

Comment

• Somebody pay him (Loria) to get him out of here.

I wonder who it was/is

Comment

• Signed

RP Paul Clemens, OF Justin Maxwell, 1B Xavier Scruggs.

Maxwell probably AAA OF but maybe LF platoon option. Scruggs played 1B for St Louis last year but hit Lefties well in AAA-2014. Cheap platoon option!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                Signed

RP Paul Clemens, OF Justin Maxwell, 1B Xavier Scruggs.

Maxwell probably AAA OF but maybe LF platoon option. Scruggs played 1B for St Louis last year but hit Lefties well in AAA-2014. Cheap platoon option!!!
                                Scruggs actually hit righties better last season in AAA. Maxwell and Scruggs aren't bad depth signings though as at least they have MLB experience with some success.

Comment

Working...
                                X