No announcement yet.

Dan Jennings Era Begins with a 13 Inning Loss to Diamondbacks, 2-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess the positive is that Ramos and Dyson continue to pitch well so we might finally have some reliable relievers late in games for Jennings to set roles.

Comment

Guess what guys. if the phillies beat the rockies tonight we'll be last in the NL east. now if you look at that upside down we'll be first.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
        How's that calculated?

And how many times has this team been picked off?
        http://www.fangraphs.com/library/offense/bsr/

We're at -1.0 run from stealing, +0.3 runs from DP, and +2.0 runs from general advancing opportunities.

So we're good at the "not really noticeable" and bad at the obvious.

Comment

Cishek actually didn't pitch terribly tonight. He made one mistake and it cost him and with a good throw, like someone mentioned earlier, its just a double and not a soul crusher. He had better velocity on the fastball and the slider had a little more downward movement than we'd been seeing. That being said, as of now, the only reason I see to even work him as a closer is because he's making $6 million. But considering how well Dyson and Ramos have pitched all year, not just tonight, I don't see why we need Cishek to be more than a serviceable middle reliever at this point. It's like the Giants or Indians did with their closers in the past few years, just moving them out of the spot because better arms became available to pitch it. As for the possibility of hurting his trade value, teams will still see that he closed in the past and will trade for those saves. The more blown ones he has and more losses he has will hurt him more than putting in him in 7th.

- - - - - - - - - -

Cosart has vertigo? What the fuck?

Comment

Our leader tonight has never played in or managed a major league game.

Why don't we have clubhouse attendant, Michael "Rock" Hughes, manage tomorrow nights game, fellas?
            Last edited by Namaste; 05-18-2015, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
              Our leader tonight has never played in or managed a major league game.

Why don't we have clubhouse attendant, Michael "Rock" Hughes manage tomorrow nights game, fellas?
              "Marlins Baseball: Ready to Rock the League!"

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                http://www.fangraphs.com/library/offense/bsr/

We're at -1.0 run from stealing, +0.3 runs from DP, and +2.0 runs from general advancing opportunities.

So we're good at the "not really noticeable" and bad at the obvious.
                Doesn't include pickoffs in the calculations at all. So this team is probably worse than that statistic states.

Comment

Doesn't include pickoffs in the calculations at all. So this team is probably worse than that statistic states.
                  Being picked off is recorded as a caught stealing so it probably does.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    Being picked off is recorded as a caught stealing so it probably does.
                    Actually it does not always get recorded as caught stealing. It only does when the runner tries to advance to the next base.

- - - - - - - - - -

Dee has a few of them this year. I've remember because I hate him and this style of play.

Comment

Actually it does not always get recorded as caught stealing. It only does when the runner tries to advance to the next base.
                      Where have you read that. I've seen it recorded as such in box scores.

Comment

Trade Dee Gordon while he's still worth something!

Comment

Trade Jennings.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                            Where have you read that. I've seen it recorded as such in box scores.
                            http://www.fangraphs.com/boxscore.as...#home_standard

Dee Gordon was picked off in this game and no caught stealing in the box score.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by thatnewguy View Post
                            Trade Jennings.
                            We already did. He pitches for the white sox

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                            Trade Dee Gordon while he's still worth something!
                            His BABIP is higher so far in May than it was in April.

Comment

Yeah, apparently Jay is right (only CS if you try to advance). There's a difference between PO CS and just PO.

We're at six for the year, though that doesn't take out PO CS so it's hard to just add that to the CS number. I have no idea where it'd be possible to view that as a team stat to compare to the rest of the league.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                                Yeah, apparently Jay is right (only CS if you try to advance). There's a difference between PO CS and just PO.

We're at six for the year, though that doesn't take out PO CS so it's hard to just add that to the CS number. I have no idea where it'd be possible to view that as a team stat to compare to the rest of the league.
                                Yeah I tried to find it earlier and couldn't. It's not some abstract stat just some weird classification that you would expect to be out there somewhere

Comment

Working...
                                X