No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really don't care if we trade Dietrich/ Marisnick/Canha/ Bour / Jensen. I really think most of them could entice an AL team. I just don't see us having room on the ML club minus Dietrich .

Comment

• I really think that sadly the Marlins could easily get out bid for Lester. Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and other teams have more to offer.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I don't want Lester. He's so obviously just a rental for us. Go get somebody under team control obviously and stop looking at the pipe dream scenarios.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
          I really think that sadly the Marlins could easily get out bid for Lester. Pittsburgh, Los Angeles and other teams have more to offer.
          It's not sad. Acquiring Lester would just be a step back for the franchise.

Comment

• I agree with "Erick"

no need to get Lester and give up young studs, especially if he walks at the end of the year
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
              I don't want Lester. He's so obviously just a rental for us. Go get somebody under team control obviously and stop looking at the pipe dream scenarios.
              I suggested this morning and will do so again, if they want a big time pitcher, try for Hamels. He makes more sense imo. Extremely doubtful in either case.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                tjfla, what do you enjoy more, the actual games or trade talk.

Totally serious question.
                Dont you mean "the actual games or making shit up"?
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                  I agree with "Erick"

no need to get Lester and give up young studs, especially if he walks at the end of the year
                  Because 2017 is gonna be OUR YEAR.

You know, when we don't have Stanton anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    Because 2017 is gonna be OUR YEAR.

You know, when we don't have Stanton anymore.
                    Does acquiring Lester this year mean we make the playoffs? We're 5 games out of a second wildcard spot with three teams ahead of us. Why acquire a rental?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                      Does acquiring Lester this year mean we make the playoffs? We're 5 games out of a second wildcard spot with three teams ahead of us. Why acquire a rental?

If you don't believe in the team, don't post in the forum and stop watching games. Easy as that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post

If you don't believe in the team, don't post in the forum and stop watching games. Easy as that.
                        Well, that's dumb.
                        poop

Comment

I'm a Marlins fan and I enjoy watching this particular team play.
                          That doesn't mean that I have to think they're going to make the playoffs.

Plus, I have no problem with them trying to make the playoffs. Just trade for a player(s) who can help this year and for the next couple, as well.

Guys like Millone, Miley, and/or the Astros pitchers make more sense than Jon Lester. Thinking that we'd re-sign Jon Lester after the year is delusional.

Comment

• I am as optimistic a Marlins fan as I have every met, and I really love watching the team play.

I think they could maybe somehow make the playoffs, and I think their chances of making the playoffs would be better with Lester.

I absolutely do not want them to trade the assets it would take for a half year of Jon Lester for a better chance of making the playoffs.

Comment

• Lester would definitely set the franchise back. He'd be tremendous for now, but would never sign after this season and wouldn't bring back draft picks, or if I'm wrong, having a $100+ million contract (which he will get) on the books when they can't even afford Stanton. Would be stupid.

Price and Zobrist is a bit more interesting as they'd have them under control next year (at roughly a combined $25 million). They'd get 2 comp picks back for Price easily, and maybe more with Zobrist if he has a big year and they think he wouldn't accept the arbitration and sign.

I don't think something like Heaney, Marisnick, Nicolino, Dietrich, Dunn, 2015 Comp Pick, and Turner/Conley/DeScalfani/Urena/Flynn get thats done (that is what I would expect their best offer to be, maybe Realmuto is exchanged somewhere in there for someone) for lack of a 2nd premier talent (i.e. Moran, maybe Ozuna), but they could try. Moving Heaney and getting years of players next year and picks would make some sense to help blow that loss. The rest of the guys hurt depth, but they should be able to handle that.

I still think the smart thing to do is turn Cishek into 1 infielder, turn McGehee, Jones, Baker, and Dunn into young arms, and use that cumulatively $20 million saving this and next year to buy a 2nd infielder on a 3 year deal ala Salty's contract. They'd get more bang for their buck that way and have a better young core with more infield and arm options without trading any premier talent like Heaney or Moran.

Comment

I've watched maybe three games the past two years.

Last thing I'm going to do is support Loria

Comment

Working...
                                X