Marlins 2017-2018 Offseason Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ralph View Post
    This draft should be the best most advanced college hitter. They have only been targeting pitching they need a cornerstone bat. A Seth Beer. I don’t care that he doesn’t have positional flexibility the bat is for real.
    Agreed.

Comment

• Jeter saying all the right things thus far in his press conference.

- - - - - - - - - -

Will Manso‏Verified account
      @WillManso
      1m1 minute ago
      More
      Jeter asked about Yelich and Realmuto rumors by fan. Jeter says it’s “rumors”. And didn’t add anything else.
      So they're gonna be traded.

- - - - - - - - - -

wish someone would ask about investment in IFA and the draft.

- - - - - - - - - -

Barry Jackson‏Verified account
      @flasportsbuzz
      6s7 seconds ago
      More
      Jeter, asked why didn't keep top offensive players and sign FA pitchers instead: "Throwing money at a problem is not the answer."
      This is gonna go over poorly, but i love that answer.

- - - - - - - - - -

@WillManso
      36s37 seconds ago
      More
      Fan now telling Jeter he just stripped down a nice car for no reason. Jeter said that car wasn’t working well.
      Fans are dumb.

Comment

• good god marlins man is the most obnoxious self important man on the planet.

- - - - - - - - - -

Barry Jackson‏Verified account
        @flasportsbuzz
        17s18 seconds ago
        More
        Marlins fan now crying at podium asking why didn't add pitching and keep top offensive players. Jeter asks what pitchers could have signed?
        We have some damn stupid fans.

Comment

• Not that it matters from a baseball standpoint, but why not bring back Ichiro for PR purposes?

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
            Not that it matters from a baseball standpoint, but why not bring back Ichiro for PR purposes?
            i mean i guess. couldnt care less personally, but at this point for this upcoming year it doesnt really matter. Dont see why he'd want to return here.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
              i mean i guess. couldnt care less personally, but at this point for this upcoming year it doesnt really matter. Dont see why he'd want to return here.
              No other team seems to want him.

Comment

• Also, if we trade Yelich and Realmuto, id really like to see the owners commit to a few 1 year deals for players that might have value at the trade deadline.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Erick View Post
                No other team seems to want him.
                understandable. He's been pretty abysmal 4 out of the last 5 years. Even the year he was good for us he broke down in the second half. Doesnt really matter. I also dont think he has that much of a PR/attendance impact.

- - - - - - - - - -

@WillManso
                14s15 seconds ago
                More
                Spoke with Mike Hill about the thought the Marlins didn’t get good prospects for Stanton. Says those rankings don’t mean a thing. Gary Denbo knew players better than any publication and they’re top prospects to them. Plus financial relief.
                That's another reason i think Caleb Smith and Cooper might have a pretty solid impact this year. Denbo knows those guys better than anyone.

Comment

• Barry Jackson‏Verified account
                  @flasportsbuzz
                  1m1 minute ago
                  More
                  To his credit, Jeter answered questions for nearly 90 minutes. Could have been a bit more candid on specifics/timeline, but did the best while fielding strong, pointed questions. Bottom line: This ownership group didn't want to lose a ton of money, which isn't a shock....
                  an owner answering questions for 90 minutes from stupid fans is fairly commendable.

Comment

an owner answering questions for 90 minutes from stupid fans is fairly commendable.
                    They basically do it every year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                      They basically do it every year.

who does that?

Comment

who does that?
                        They have the fans ask questions to the GM, manager, Samson, etc... at least once a year. This isn't some out of nowhere event

Comment

They have the fans ask questions to the GM, manager, Samson, etc... at least once a year. This isn't some out of nowhere event

@WillManso
                          2h2 hours ago
                          More
                          Jeter won’t win this battle tonight. Not even close. But it’s a good step. Loria never made himself accessible to fans and media like this. Does that mean his plan will work? Of course not. But have covered Marlins for a long time and never seen this. It’s a positive.
                          I was going based off Manso's tweet. And i doubt Loria did it for 90 minutes or without the questions being pre-screened. And i wasnt referring to Hill or Samson, i was referring to the owner doing it.

Comment

I was going based off Manso's tweet. And i doubt Loria did it for 90 minutes or without the questions being pre-screened. And i wasnt referring to Hill or Samson, i was referring to the owner doing it.
                            No not Loria but Jeter isn't our Loria, Sherman is. Jeter is gonna be the face who has to explain things from now on similar to what Samson used to do.

Comment

No not Loria but Jeter isn't our Loria, Sherman is. Jeter is gonna be the face who has to explain things from now on similar to what Samson used to do.

And calling Jeter an owner is weird even if it's technically true. He paid $25 million so he could run a baseball team.

Comment

Sherman is blatantly pushing Jeter for that role. They call Sherman's office every day on the lebatard show and sherman's receptionist type guy specifically refers all questions to Jeter. It appears Sherman wants no part of the spotlight and he'd rather put up the funds and let Jeter deal with the media. I think Jeter is going to be a combo of Samson and Loria.

- - - - - - - - - -

actually, the more i think about it, there really was no Jeter type role previously in the organization. We had a pretty deliberate separation of baseball guys and business guys under the previous ownership.

Comment

Working...
                                X