The 2017 Game Thread Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
    Dude nothing has changed in yrs. You're just stating the obvious.
    youre absolutely correct. I apologize for stating the obvious but the fact that they added no one when this team fought back from being down 14 under to 3 over when you see other teams add critical pieces for nothing is absolutely absurd.

Comment

• Short of Verlander. No one dealt would of helped us.

- - - - - - - - - -

Peters breaking ball is sexy

Comment

Short of Verlander. No one dealt would of helped us.
        that's absolutely not true. and im not just talking about acquiring players. Waiting for anderson and peters until 9/1 when we gave like 15 combined starts to despaigne, worley, and nicolino in august is unacceptable. We gave an entire month at 1b to Moore and Telis rather than bringing up a clearly ready anderson and moving dietrich/realmuto to 1b is unacceptable. We've had terrible terrible players on our 25 man roster that could easily have been sent down for them and a bunch of bad players and injured players on our 40 man that could have been sent down, DFA'd, or 60 man DL'ed to make room for them. Not doing so is just complete mismanagement.

also, a guy who is a major league replacement player who was available for nothing like miguel gonzalez would be a huge improvement on nicolino or worley, as sad as that is considering how good miguel gonzalez actually is.

There is plenty this organization could have done.

Comment

• But they didn't do anything. Nothing we can do about it. Not totally out of it now. But it's on life support.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bases loaded no one out lol

- - - - - - - - - -

1 out. Fuck

Comment

But they didn't do anything. Nothing we can do about it. Not totally out of it now. But it's on life support.

- - - - - - - - - -

Bases loaded no one out lol

- - - - - - - - - -

1 out. Fuck
            I agree. And ill root my ass off hoping we can climb back in it. But the last 4 games were killer when we had very little margin of error. Lets start it tonight though hopefully.

Comment

• JT up to fuck it up tho

Comment

• This RISP hitting this week has been absolutely pathetic. Also, JT has been really bad for about a month now.

Comment

• JT needs to be hitting 7th

- - - - - - - - - -

A gift!

Comment

JT needs to be hitting 7th
                    If Dee had any possible place in the lineup other than leadoff id like to see them platoon the leadoff spot between dee and JT with righties and lefties.

Comment

• JT has been hitting for shit. Don't give him top of the order abs

Comment

JT has been hitting for shit. Don't give him top of the order abs
                        I wasnt talking right now, just in general. Right now he's obviously struggling, but im a huge proponent, especially for small market teams, heavily relying on platoons for their everyday lineup.

- - - - - - - - - -

Peters breaking ball is nasty. I wish we had a spot in the rotation available earlier than 9/1 though. Overwhelmed with all our pitching depth though with Nicolino, Worley and Despaigne.

- - - - - - - - - -

this has nothing to do with the marlins, but just looking at the astros stats for the year and their roster now that they have verlander: holy shit that is an incredible team. An astros/dodgers WS would be a great matchup. Houston deserves something to root for right now so im hoping they can win it this year.

Comment

• Aviles....

Comment

• Holy shit aviles is so bad
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                              Aviles....
                              He stinks but he's honestly been decent for what we're asking of him. Im really interested, if we dont completely rebuild, to see what we do with 3b/SS/2b next year. I think we end up trading one of Dee or Prado, but id really like to see our lineup with our OF, Realmuto at C, and an infield of Bour at 1b, Prado at 2b, Dee at SS, and Anderson at 3b. That is a lineup with 0 holes if Anderson is not a complete trainwreck. Defensively it might not be spectacular but i think the offensive potential would be worth it.

either way, given that we are likely to trade one of Dee or Prado and the one who isnt traded will be at 2b, we really need to make an addition at SS.

- - - - - - - - - -

Peters: good.

Comment

• Peters' breaking ball is really nice and I love his mechanics
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X