• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That just happened like two games ago.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
    twice <> a lot
    Maybe. But twice = too many for something as boneheaded as that.

Comment

Just pulled off the most irrelevant, best double switch of all time.

Comment

For those of us sane enough not to watch, can you describe?
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          For those of us sane enough not to watch, can you describe?
          Guessing Cosart was on a pitch limit, but it happened today in the 5th inning.
          88 pitches thrown, 1-1 game, 2 outs with no one on base -- he took Cosart out, brought in Narveson, and replaced Gillespie with Ichiro even though Matz was still in the game at the time. It was basically just a double switch for the sake of making a double switch.

Comment

I didn't watch it, but did Narveson throw more than one inning and was the pitcher's spot due up the next half inning? If so, then he double switched what he had to use, it wasn't his fault that the only option he had off the bench was a left-handed bat. Not trying to make excuses for him, but I'm just assuming that's why.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Ichiro is hitting .307/.358/.453 off lefties this season

Comment

do we really need to push back the pitcher's spot in the order in september when you can have a million fucking players?

Comment

But if you don't over manage than how do they know you're doing anything

Comment

Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                    do we really need to push back the pitcher's spot in the order in september when you can have a million fucking players?
                    I think its just that Ole Double Switch Dan has had enough of the season. He realizes he should have never been the coach and it is alot easier to double switch

The players while like him,have 0 respect for him as the Coach and know he should have never been put there
                    The owner is now done with him as the GM,he is now listening to Berger
                    The man wants to be in Seattle BUT can't go cause he is under contract right now

Comment

Dan Jennings will forever be remembered as having more double switches than career wins as a manager.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                        I didn't watch it, but did Narveson throw more than one inning and was the pitcher's spot due up the next half inning? If so, then he double switched what he had to use, it wasn't his fault that the only option he had off the bench was a left-handed bat. Not trying to make excuses for him, but I'm just assuming that's why.
                        Yes, but that's part of the reason why I felt like it was an irrelevant move.
                        For one, it's a 1-1 game so it's a winnable game. It wasn't the type of game where it was already decided and we needed a long reliever for multiple innings. Two, Cosart probably could've easily finished the 5th. I guess it's understandable if Cosart is on a strict pitch limit and you want to bring Narveson in to face a bunch of lefties, but that wasn't the case. He got Granderson out in the 5th and then the Mets just had their regular lineup coming up the inning after. I believe Yoenis Cespedes led off the inning after. Why not just let Cosart finish the 5th and bring in a better reliever to start the 6th? We have several relievers in the bullpen now especially since it's September.

As for Ichiro and his #'s against lefties, that's a fair point, but if that's the case, they should've just started him. All in all, they wasted a player for no particular reason. That double switch/pinch-hit appearance in the bottom of the 5th turned out to be a pretty irrelevant part of the game. It was one of those situations to just use Solano for the hell of it and save all of your better players for later in the game.

Usually, there's a reasonable reason for making a double switch. Dan Jennings often seems to do it for fun.

Comment

He doesn't do it for fun. He does it so he can say, "hey guys LOOK AT ME MANAGING this team!".

His deer in the headlights expression every second of the game gives him away, though.

Comment

Isn't it time to unsticky this ?

Comment

yup
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X