John Henry: Marlins Should Apologize for Their Regular Season Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Henry: Marlins Should Apologize for Their Regular Season Lineup

Red Sox owner John Henry jumped into the ongoing spat between the Red Sox and the Marlins with an impressive burn on Twitter.

In case you missed the feud, here’s a recap. The Marlins were “outraged” Thursday when the Red Sox started a team full of minor leaguers rather than their A-team — on a day when the Marlins were charging fans premium ticket prices to see the World Series champions. Just two players in the Red Sox lineup that day had MLB experience. MLB spring training guidelines state that teams should field a team with at least four regulars for any given game.

Red Sox GM Ben Cherington apologized to the Marlins via an email during the game, but the team owner isn’t about to let the Marlins have the last word.

John W. Henry ✔ @John_W_Henry
    They should apologize for their regular season lineup.
    4:47 PM - 8 Mar 2014
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/03/red-...burns-marlins/

Why is a team apologizing because the other team has a mediocre product and must sell other teams?

I've gone to two games, both road games for the Marlins, so far this spring training and they've had only 2 regular starters in both games, so I don't see how they can bitch about this.

Comment

The irony in Henry's front office making multiple runs for a player in a lineup he says should apologize for is not lost on anyone, right?

Comment

I'm already cringing at bobbob ' s thoughts on this and he hasn't even posted anything yet, boys.

Comment

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Love it. Wish I knew John Henry was this likable when he owned the Marlins.

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
              I've gone to two games, both road games for the Marlins, so far this spring training and they've had only 2 regular starters in both games, so I don't see how they can bitch about this.
              The only party here doing any bitching is the Red Sox. The Marlins have not said anything publically about the lineup the Red Sox threw out there. Sure, a lot of teams might bend this MLB "regulars" rule, but the Red Sox lineup included 7 players that had never even had a MLB at bat. They threw their "B" game lineup out there for this game. John Henry's team screwed over paying fans (many of which were fans of his own team), and people all over the Internet are applauding him for posting a classless tweet.

I get that Loria is a bad owner. That doesn't mean that the Marlins aren't right in this case. And John Henry of all people, has the audacity to call them out? He was arguably an even worse owner than Loria here. At least Loria got the stadium built on his watch. Henry lied about building a stadium himself, cried poor over the lease that he agreed to when he bought the team, fielded many of his own terrible lineups with the Marlins, made a half-hearted attempt to get a stadium deal, and when that failed, he somehow found $700 million to buy the Red Sox (and stuck the Miami market with Loria in the process).

Comment

Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                The irony in Henry's front office making multiple runs for a player in a lineup he says should apologize for is not lost on anyone, right?
                One player does not a lineup make

Comment

Originally posted by The_Godfather View Post
                  Love it. Wish I knew John Henry was this likable when he owned the Marlins.

he wasn't

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                    The only party here doing any bitching is the Red Sox. The Marlins have not said anything publically about the lineup the Red Sox threw out there. Sure, a lot of teams might bend this MLB "regulars" rule, but the Red Sox lineup included 7 players that had never even had a MLB at bat. They threw their "B" game lineup out there for this game. John Henry's team screwed over paying fans (many of which were fans of his own team), and people all over the Internet are applauding him for posting a classless tweet.

I get that Loria is a bad owner. That doesn't mean that the Marlins aren't right in this case. And John Henry of all people, has the audacity to call them out? He was arguably an even worse owner than Loria here. At least Loria got the stadium built on his watch. Henry lied about building a stadium himself, cried poor over the lease that he agreed to when he bought the team, fielded many of his own terrible lineups with the Marlins, made a half-hearted attempt to get a stadium deal, and when that failed, he somehow found $700 million to buy the Red Sox (and stuck the Miami market with Loria in the process).
                    The Marlins put in a formal complaint to the MLB about the lineup they put out against the Marlins, thus the Henry tweet.

Comment

Marlinz be h8n' doe.
                      This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                        The Marlins put in a formal complaint to the MLB about the lineup they put out against the Marlins, thus the Henry tweet.
                        I'm not sure there's a need to file a complaint because apparently, MLB already monitors this type of thing. Still, everything the Marlins have done has been in private...Henry chose to bitch about it in public. That's a pretty classless move.

Comment

Ugh Johnny Henry such a jerk Loria for life the best
                          --------------------
                          Y u all h8 Lori so much he is the best plz plz plz

Namaste be happy yes
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 03-09-2014, 06:54 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

In retrospect, my post was douchy, bobbob.

Anyone who pays a premium for a spring training game ticket clearly has not done their research. Forgivsies, bobbob?

One time?

Comment

This would be acceptable if it showed at least a modicum of originality.

Comment

Working...
                              X