Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Some of Our Relievers Be Starters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
    You trade any reliever you get a strong offer for, and ideally move Haren for something that helps next year.

Prado's the guy you use to replenish the farm or you stand pat.
    Agree completely.

I trade Prado, Haren, Latos, Baker, Ichiro, Cishek, and one of Koehler/Phelps as fast as possible. Target a young 3B who can play April 2016 at absolute latest, and all minor league pitching which is 1 year or less away. Maybe another developmental catcher prospect if someone good is available. You'd hope for a better 2nd/3rd catcher next year.

I hold onto Morse, Dunn, and Hand unless someone eats all of Morse salary, or you get a really good deal on Dunn/Hand. Keep the lefties for now.

I'd trade Ramos in an aggressive deal if the price is right. But they'd have to get the 3B of the future in the deal. Total deal breaker if no 3B for Ramos.

They really wouldn't need much for next year if they did jettison those guys. Assuming Bour and Dietrich on the bench, and they get a young play now 3B through the above, they'd just need a top end SP and bench bat options. It's a good year to find those in free agency. I have to imagine with Stanton hurt, 10+ games back, and acquiring a young 3B, the fans would understand. I'm sure the fire sale quotes would come, but it's really not the scenario. I credit them for trying this year, but it's not in the cards. Go get an ace, which you didn't do with Shields this year, and go get some more youth to help offset Stanton and company's future raises.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Not even listening to calls on Ramos,Yelich,Ozuna,Hech,Gordon,Capps,The Young SP(Jose,Cosart,Urena,Nicolino)

It is not total panic mode yett but with Stanton out till Aug 1 they have to figure out if they wanna compete this yearr and win 80 games or just get everyone back healthy and get ready for next year. They are listening on the older guys but hearing not gonna give them away just for 25 yr old Low A prospects
    They should listen on calls for just Ramos in that group and hope to get an Ozuna level player for 3B with 5+ years of control.

And panic mode was weeks ago, they just hit ludicrous speed.

Comment

I agree with u all, if I am them I am dealing Haren,Latos,Ichiro,Cishek,Koehler OR Phelps,Hand,Cishek and Baker quickly. Prado,Dunn if they get something useful for next year(both have contracts for next year which is only reason they aren't in first part) Conley is ready to step up to replace Hand or Dunn right now

If someone(Toronto) calls on Ramos and starts throwing around names like Norris,Hoffman I would listen. They have Mitch Nay as a 3B prospect/tons of arms.

Morris is coming back and Capps could move into the closer role tomm with Wittgren in AAA

The 3B they need to figure out how to get is Ryan McMahon from Colorado. He is blocked by Arenado and the Rockies always need arms. Try Koehler and a younger arm or 2 and see? McMahon is atleast 2 years away but other than Cecchino from Boston he might be realist target. Colorado also has Tom Murphy at Catcher.
      Last edited by tjfla; 06-29-2015, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Jon MorosiVerified account
        ‏@jonmorosi #Marlins have received multiple trade inquiries on Mat Latos and Dan Haren, sources say.

Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi ยท 4h4 hours ago
        Also, teams have expressed interest in #Marlins starter Tom Koehler and (current reliever) Brad Hand.

Comment

Working...
        X