No announcement yet.

Loria on Redmond: "He's the manager. Period."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Marlins were 10-3 I would not be praising Redmond.

So holding him responsible for 3-10 is dumb.

I mean, there are at least a half dozen people on this board that could manage the Marlins more effectively than Redmond but his potential replacement will likely be as big of a boob anyway.

And instant replay would kind of kill the fun of having Wally Backman as manager anyway.

Payroll limitations are the real culprit.

Comment

Bad decisions + payroll limitations

how much better would this team look right now with James Shields and Carlos Rodon as rotation options over Tom Koehler and David Phelps?
      poop

Comment

i thought we were outbid for shields

Comment

Right, that's the payroll limitations part of it.
          poop

Comment

Have to love an organizational philosophy of whatever has been done didn't work so go do the opposite of it. Hot head manager replaced by laid back manager replaced by hot head manager.

Also, did anyone expect the Marlins to start hot? Shouldn't it be a tread water until Jose gets back and hope to make a run season?

Comment

We're drowning.

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                Have to love an organizational philosophy of whatever has been done didn't work so go do the opposite of it. Hot head manager replaced by laid back manager replaced by hot head manager.

Also, did anyone expect the Marlins to start hot? Shouldn't it be a tread water until Jose gets back and hope to make a run season?
                They needed to be .500 until Jose got healthy to really have a chance at the playoffs.
                poop

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
                  We're drowning.

Post Of The Month nominee, HUGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    Right, that's the payroll limitations part of it.
                    oh, i guess i didn't write what i meant. i meant to ask about us having the highest offer and him choosing to go somewhere else. wasn't that the case? what else can you do?

Comment

They offered 3/60, the Padres offered 4/75.

Pretty clear they didn't want Shields on the roster when Stanton's contract actually pays him market value.
                      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                        They offered 3/60, the Padres offered 4/75.

Pretty clear they didn't want Shields on the roster when Stanton's contract actually pays him market value.
                        We actually had a 4 yr offer for around 75 but was a mutual option(to which we probably would have denied unless Shields was great) so his people went to SD(which is where he wanted to be) and said match the offer and he is yours

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          We actually had a 4 yr offer for around 75 but was a mutual option(to which we probably would have denied unless Shields was great) so his people went to SD(which is where he wanted to be) and said match the offer and he is yours
                          so they gave him a much better contract rather than matching it?

right.

Comment

[tweet]590618572956823556[/tweet]

Comment

lol

Comment

The way Loria treats managers is insane.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X