• Show
Clear All

• Jennings and Lucas optioned to make room for Cosart and Kike

Comment

• Just to throw out there

Career

Home: 12 GS, 70 IP, 4.50 era, 1.57 whip, 5 HR, .317 BABIP, xFIP 4.28
      Away: 18 GS, 106.1 IP, 2.96 era, 1.33 whip, 5 HR, .260 BABIP, xFIP 4.50

Not sure either of these really help. I got interested for a second when I saw the away line before seeing the BABIP and FIP.

But Alvarez's 2012 was crap too and that has worked out. Hopefully they are right again.

Comment

• Cosart is starting tonight. I am hoping that Kike starts at 2B as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
          Cosart is starting tonight. I am hoping that Kike starts at 2B as well.
          I hope Kike starts too. Valdespin not stretching and dropping that fly ball has shown me enough he just needs to be a pinch hitter/spot starter

Comment

• Originally posted by AdamRavs View Post
            I hope Kike starts too. Valdespin not stretching and dropping that fly ball has shown me enough he just needs to be a pinch hitter/spot starter
            Valdespin is an awesome bat off the bench/spot starter, but we need some stability at 2B. Hopefully Kike brings that.

Comment

• I like that this thread is still just a rumor

Comment

• I'm liking this move even less today. Not a fan of Cosart and I don't get the Kiki hype. Rather have kept Moran and Marisnick for when we trade Stanton.

Comment

• Cosart is wearing 23 while Kike is wearing 12.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                    I like that this thread is still just a rumor
                    It's a rumor until he steps on that field tonight and is actually playing. Until then I'm still going to check the minor league recap threads every day in hopes of finding out how Jake Marisnick and Colin Moran did the night before.

Comment

• Originally posted by marlinsfan24 View Post
                      I'm liking this move even less today. Not a fan of Cosart and I don't get the Kiki hype. Rather have kept Moran and Marisnick for when we trade Stanton.
                      Same, mostly cause others are reporting we're buying high-ish on Houston's prospects and selling low on our own. Not a fan of them giving up a comp pick as well.

It could have been worse. And at least they tried to fill the gaps, but I guess we're still looking for our future 3b?

Comment

• Do you guys think there would of been no deal without the comp pick? I
                        Feel like they got desperate and threw it in.

Comment

• Originally posted by kusch View Post
                          Do you guys think there would of been no deal without the comp pick? I
                          Feel like they got desperate and threw it in.
                          Nope-they had been shopping Marisnick AND the pick(since they got it)

Loria is still not a fan of spending cash in the draft(I know he spent 12 million this year) and IFA.That pick carried a 1.8 million dollar amount and Loria was telling the FO to use it to get ML talent

Comment

• Valdespin starting over Kike. Come on, if you traded Moran and Marisnick for him and Cosart, Kike should be starting at 2B from the get go.

Comment

• It really is too bad neither can play SS.
                              poop

Comment

• Kike probably can. He can do anything he wants. But Adeiny....
                                "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                                - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Working...
                                X