• Show
Clear All

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?to...ent_id=8761255

Comment

There is our athlete pick-supposedly Top QB in OK.Goes by JT

Comment

Yup, supposedly a great QB. Has pitched, caught and played shortstop
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

First pick I really dislike. If he doesn't sign I believe he would be eligible to enter the draft again as a college sophomore. We also announce him as a 3B instead of SS/C which is what he played in HS.

Comment

We will sign him due to him playing football we can spread his bonus out over 5 years

Ya really weird on where they are gonna play him.BA has him listed as a Catcher and he was announced as a 3B

Comment

yeah, not a fan, doubt he'll sign

It's not that J.T. Realmuto's stats had stopped being impressive.

They'd just become routine.

The shortstop had started for Carl Albert since he was a freshman, starting his high school career with a 21-game hitting streak and putting up remarkably consistent numbers throughout his first three seasons.

So Titans coach Wayne Dozier expected about the same type of season from Realmuto this year.

What he got, though, was eye-popping:

→119 RBIs

→28 home runs

→26 doubles

→595 batting average

→88 hits

Realmuto's RBI total broke a national record. His hits total tied one.

And he did it hitting against competition that included no less than 12 games against top 10 schools in 6A-4A.

"It was phenomenal,” Dozier said. "You'd go in after a game and think J.T. didn't have a very good day and you'd look down at the book and he had two hits and a couple RBIs. But those two hits would just be singles. It got to where a lot of days it was just unbelievable.”

Realmuto's record-breaking season earned him Oklahoman All-State and Big All-City Player of the Year honors, edging out Owasso pitcher Dylan Bundy and Weatherford pitcher Dillon Overton.

Realmuto took the RBI record with a monster day against El Reno in the regional tournament. First, he tied the record with a three-run home run. On his next at-bat, again with two runners on, Realmuto belted another home run to make the record his alone.

"I didn't even know about it until after that game,” Realmuto said. "Through the season, I was just thinking about the school record.”

Realmuto blew past the school record of 81 in early April. Once he got past that, Dozier started looking into the state and national records.

That doesn't mean that Dozier sent out Realmuto to collect meaningless stats in blowout games, though.

"He gets pulled out of a lot of games early,” Dozier said. "It's hard to imagine he did what he did in 42 games. It's just unbelievable.”

Realmuto credits the players around him in large part for the numbers he posted.

"It just seems like every time I came up this year I had guys on base,” Realmuto said. "I always knew I'd see good pitches because I had guys around me who could hit pretty good, too.”

Realmuto has signed with Oklahoma State, though depending on how high he's picked — and how much money he's offered — in this week's MLB Draft, Realmuto could make the jump directly into professional baseball.

"I'm open to it,” Realmuto said. "It just depends how things work out. Right now, I'm planning on going to Oklahoma State unless something crazy happens.

Read more: http://newsok.com/big-all-cityall-st...#ixzz0qHahPNmm
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

If we wanted to take a 3B prospect wish it would have been Dominic Ficociello.

Comment

those stats are pretty eyepopping but if they're going to sign yelich and realmuto they're going to need to scrimp and save for the rest of the draft

Comment

He'll sign. They have to know what he's looking for so they wouldn't draft him if it was out of there range.
                    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

They can give him a bonus over 5 years which means they could give him 1mil and only like $200,000 will be targeted for this year. That is the reason u see all these HS 3 sports guys go earlier than they should. U can spread it out instead of having to pay them all at once

Comment

pretty sick numbers. Perhaps we are signing this kid and not our first rounder? Next year is supposedly a deeper draft (not up to date as some are about that stuff here but read it in a few places). Maybe because of MLB pushing the fish to spend more they might do so in picks too?

Comment

They signed Galloway a couple of years ago even though he dropped partially because his demands were thought to be exorbitant. They have an idea of what Realmuto's asking, and, like Galloway, they wouldn't have drafted him high if they didn't think they could sign him.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishfan79 View Post
                            Maybe because of MLB pushing the fish to spend more they might do so in picks too?
                            Hope this is true because last year was the worst thing I have seen in a long time. We took about 18 college pitchers in 20 picks,I would rather take a tough sign guy in Rd 17 who has potential than a 25 yr old pitcher out of Ole Miss

Comment

This pick is protected I believe. BA didn't rank him as a top 200 prospect and according to them this yr crop of talent from OKL is "Not up to par".

Comment

Working...
                              X