X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called this like 5 years ago.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• @jonmorosi: Rays still willing to engage in trade conversations on David Price, Ben Zobrist, Matt Joyce, source says. Haven't ruled anything out.
      Twitter

Comment

• At this point, I'd be okay with the Marlins going all-out for Price and Zobrist. He and Zobrist would fill two big needs going into next season. Also, if anything can convince Stanton the Marlins are trying to win would be a big named star like Price.

Know the Rays are not looking to deal Price right now, but make your best offer they cannot refuse and land him.

Comment

• That's the thing, what do you offer without completely damaging the team's future? Obviously Marisnick and Heaney would be gone in that deal. What else would go though? Urena, DD, Wittgren?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
            That's the thing, what do you offer without completely damaging the team's future? Obviously Marisnick and Heaney would be gone in that deal. What else would go though? Urena, DD, Wittgren?
            All of those guys.

Comment

That's the thing, what do you offer without completely damaging the team's future? Obviously Marisnick and Heaney would be gone in that deal. What else would go though? Urena, DD, Wittgren?
              I know not everyone would agree with me on this, but I'd let Ozuna be available in such talks. Not Yelich though.

Comment

I don't think you completely damage the team's future with that deal. What are the chances that all of those guys ever amount to anything? You're still left with Moran, Kolek, and a handful of others. Plus, this is a young team right now that is not going to need to be completely reliant on the farm for future success. And in the process you bring in Price who now gives you one of the best rotations in baseball for the foreseeable future and a solid 2B in Zobrist who would solidify the infield.

Comment

• The only issue with Price is they asked LAD for Pederson,Seager and Urias. Then when LA told them to take out either Pederson or Seager and put in 2 other mid level prospects TB said we want those 3 guys plus more or no deal

Rays GM is said to be telling teams that if they call there is no talking-it's whatever he wants or no deal

They are in the same position as us with Cishek-they know that the market will be there whenever so why settle?
                  --------------------
                  TB likes stuff that we have so thats not a issue. The issue is would we give ALL they wanted?
                  Last edited by tjfla; 07-30-2014, 05:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• The Marlins are apparently interested in John Danks. He is signed through 2016.
                    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      The only issue with Price is they asked LAD for Pederson,Seager and Urias. Then when LA told them to take out either Pederson or Seager and put in 2 other mid level prospects TB said we want those 3 guys plus more or no deal

Rays GM is said to be telling teams that if they call there is no talking-it's whatever he wants or no deal

They are in the same position as us with Cishek-they know that the market will be there whenever so why settle?
                      --------------------
                      TB likes stuff that we have so thats not a issue. The issue is would we give ALL they wanted?
                      What do you think ALL consists of?
                      --------------------
                      Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                      The Marlins are apparently interested in John Danks. He is signed through 2016.
                      Meh
                      Last edited by Big Z; 07-30-2014, 05:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I still think that Milone/Keuchel is the Marlins best bet. As for second, I'm not sure. Some teams are interested in Asdrubel to play second. Probably wouldn't have to give up more than Conley to get him, I would guess.

Comment

• Canha pulled from the game.
                          --------------------
                          Domingo German also pulled. Here we go.
                          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-30-2014, 07:20 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            Canha pulled from the game.
                            --------------------
                            Domingo German also pulled. Here we go.
                            Nice catch! I'm saying Milone or Lackey

Comment

• I highly doubt it's Milone unless Marisnick is involved.

Comment

• Marisnick wasn't in the lineup from the get go. Might be because he was just sent down last night. If Marisnick is involved, I want Keuchel.

Comment

Working...
                                X