Use of the Orange Cap at Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Use of the Orange Cap at Home

Let me start off by saying that I have grown to really like the orange cap. I did not in the beginning. It best symbolizes what the makeover was supposed to represent: something unique that said "Miami." But as is the case with many other things, I think they are missing an opportunity to do something correctly. Thankfully, after taking a year hiatus, the orange cap is back and being worn for every Friday home game with the home whites.

I want to know which combination everyone prefers of the two below.

Orange cap and black undershirt:

Orange cap with orange undershirt:

Personally, I like everything in orange. It's vibrant, sharp, and unique-- at least for the National League. They should also wear orange helmets with the orange caps. They've worn black helmets with the orange caps. That bothers me to no end, especially considering the orange helmets have not been worn since the exhibition games against the Yankees in 2012.

P.S. Bonus points if the orange cap is matched with the orange socks again.

Orange Cap with Black Undershirt
    91.67%
    Orange Cap with Orange Undershirt
    8.33%

I prefer the combination of...the old uniforms. Any combination of this new stuff is garbage.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Ok Todd, thanks. As always, you are a wealth of insight and bring unpredictable opinions to the table.

Comment

Go eat a frog, you asswad.

I like the orange hat with the black undershirt. The orange undershirt just kinda clashes and looks weird. It might look better if the pants weren't white.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I like orange hat with black undershirt, but orange socks.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Orange hat, black under. & I also wish they would wear orange helmets. It would look awesome.
            STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

Black undershirt

Todd, have you ever had sex?

Like, consensual sex with an awake female.

Totally serious

question

Comment

By the way, wondering if its just me but don't you notice that our "orange" has changed since they've brought in this scheme? Sometimes it's "red-orange," sometimes it's bright orange...even some of the merchandise I've purchased when held side to side does not have the same color. Early renditions look more red-orange whereas newer ones are more pure orange - which I prefer 100 times over.
                STANTON

Serious fun! GET IT IN!

Comment

I like the orange undershirt and orange socks with the orange hat, too.

Speaking of jersey combinations, do our gray road uni's even exist anymore? I don't even remember those being worn last year and they haven't been worn so far this year. Not that I really care for it since that was my least favorite one, but yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGameFish View Post
                    By the way, wondering if its just me but don't you notice that our "orange" has changed since they've brought in this scheme? Sometimes it's "red-orange," sometimes it's bright orange...even some of the merchandise I've purchased when held side to side does not have the same color. Early renditions look more red-orange whereas newer ones are more pure orange - which I prefer 100 times over.
                    The shade of orange has not changed. A lot of it is probably lighting. It looks like orange during day games and red orange under the lights.

The authentic jerseys and replicas are made of different materials which would explain the different shades of orange.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Erick View Post

Speaking of jersey combinations, do our gray road uni's even exist anymore? I don't even remember those being worn last year and they haven't been worn so far this year. Not that I really care for it since that was my least favorite one, but yeah.
                    They don't exist anymore. They only wore camo grays last year.
                    Last edited by Party; 04-20-2014, 10:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Erick View Post

Our PR department already confirmed we aren't wearing them again this season.

This franchise just doesn't do road gray, we hardly wore the old ones either.

Comment

They do "exist" though, they're still listed as our official road uniforms in the style guide.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                          I prefer the combination of...the old uniforms. Any combination of this new stuff is garbage.
                          I agree with Todd.
                          This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
                          Edmonton Ice Bats
                          2007 Teal League Wildcard
                          2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
                          2010 Teal League Wildcard
                          2011 Teal League West Division Winner

Comment

i perfer the orange hat with the black undershirt.

i know the pr department said we wont wear gray anymore but id like that changed. while i like alternates, wearing them all the time is a little to much. also anybody think the home whites will ever say "marlins" in the future?

Comment

You know, that's something I really like on the uniform. Miami looks better on a uniform than the word Marlins.

Comment

Working...
                              X