Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We can definitely do better than spend $18 million to get 2 more wins from SS

I really wish the FO knew that Casey "The Double Play Machine" McGehee is going to suck donkey dick in 2015.

#cumbackplayeroftheyear

Comment

• Not factoring in the Hanley Renaissance that is about to happen with whatever team he signs with.

That's not even a joke thing I'm doing, I fully expect that's gonna happen.

Comment

• The Renaissance that will begin at 31 years old? I don't think so but it doesn't hurt to dream I suppose.
        --------------------
        Hanley could probably spank out a 5 WAR again with some fortunate BABIP.

We'll see I guess.

It makes total sense that most everyone here loves Hanley, though.

I miss him jogging after kicked ground balls, too.
        Last edited by Namaste; 11-18-2014, 09:52 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I mean, he's been pretty the last two years anyways.

If he's an .850 OPS bat now, that's awesome and worthy of a lot of money.

But he's also still super injury prone and still a legit negative defensively.
          poop

Comment

• 3yr/$30m for Billy Butler lol. I forgot how much I hate free agency.

Comment

• He was a negative WAR player last year! He's Casey McGehee without average defense!
              poop

Comment

• He's gonna make the same amount of money as Stanton the next 3 seasons.

Comment

• Probably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                    It makes total sense that most everyone here loves Hanley, though.

I miss him jogging after kicked ground balls, too.
                    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                      Hanley could probably spank out a 5 WAR again with some fortunate BABIP.
                      8.9bWAR 8.4fWAR in 214 games the last 2 seasons

if he could give us 140 games, that's 5.8bWAR 5.5fWAR

Comment

• If he comes, which he won't, he must cut that stupid hair off.

I won't lie, his bat would be sweet in this lineup. I'm surprised there has not been more interest in him.

Comment

• I am not a huge fan of LaRoche. He's better than Jones, but he's just a better version of Jones. His career .240/.298/.420 against left-handed pitchers would make him have to platoon, right?

Edit: Just looked at Jones' LHP splits. Wow. Horrible. Just horrible. I still don't think LaRoche is worth as much as he'll likely get paid.
                          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 11-19-2014, 12:23 AM.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I'm with the other Mainge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                              I am not a huge fan of LaRoche. He's better than Jones, but he's just a better version of Jones. His career .240/.298/.420 against left-handed pitchers would make him have to platoon, right?

Edit: Just looked at Jones' LHP splits. Wow. Horrible. Just horrible. I still don't think LaRoche is worth as much as he'll likely get paid.
                              LaRoche will probably make between $10-12MM/yr.

Not sure what Shields is asking for. I wouldn't want to give him anything more than $15MM/yr. Maybe 4/$60MM.

Barry Jackson reported that Shields wants $20MM/yr
                              Last edited by Big Z; 11-19-2014, 09:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                                LaRoche will probably make between $10-12MM/yr.

Not sure what Shields is asking for. I wouldn't want to give him anything more than $15MM/yr. Maybe 4/$60MM.

Barry Jackson reported that Shields wants $20MM/yr
                                They should give Shields a 4/$72, 20-20-20-12. That's very competitive. Maybe the fifth year is an option for another $18, or a $3-4 million buyout so he gets his annual value either way. I think Stanton, Fernandez, Yelich, Alvarez, Ozuna, Cosart, and Heaney is a pretty strong selling point to a free agent.

Payroll is great 15/16 where this wouldn't be an issue, OK in 17, nightmare 2018. They can afford 1 nightmare season of payroll before reassessing the situation.

They can't give out a 5 year contract right now unless it's for a superstar and they go all in on Lester or Max (I'm not sure Panda or Hanley fall into this, Shields certainly doesn't because of age).

Go big on Shields and then see what can be traded from Cishek/Eovaldi/Jones/Salty/Baker/Dunn in terms of receiving young trade assets and clearing space for more veteran infielders.
                                --------------------
                                Just wanted to add signing Shields for $20 million and trading just Cishek and Eovaldi is a $60 million payroll, which was the low end projection.

Salty, Mathis
                                Jones, Dietrich, "Young Guy for Cishek/Eovaldi"
                                Kike, Solano, Baker
                                Hech
                                McGehee
                                Yelich, Ozuna, Stanton
                                Alvarez, "SHIELDS", Cosart, Koehler, Hand/Heaney
                                Ramos, Morris, Dunn, Hatcher, Capps, Hand/Jennings, Dyson/DeScalfani/whoever

That's 25 guys, and if they can ditch Jones in the process could afford LaRoche/Headley/etc. type guy with a $65 payroll.

Really good on paper with Fernandez looming
                                Last edited by lou; 11-19-2014, 10:04 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X