Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Round CB-A | Matt Krook | LHP | St. Ignatius HS (CA) | WILL NOT SIGN/FAILED PHYSICAL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's because of your brother

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      Keith Law said that the Marlins lied to the beat writers and that it was about cash.
      JCR replied to someone else who said this with something to the effect of "believe whoever you want"

honestly I believe a beat writer over that hack Keith Law

also the fact that Kevin Goldstein told me it was true, and he's directly involved with the draft, makes me feel like yeah, they'll get it, and yeah, Keith Law is an idiot who is just one of those guys who wants to deride the Marlins
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Am I the only one who thinks the recent changes to the MLB draft, including compensation picks, bonus pools, etc., has become unnecessarily convoluted?
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

After last year and the trading of the CB lottery picks, little surprised the Marlins are not waiting until after it has occurred to pick up another top pick for next year. What with the likelihood of a top 2 pick, and also likely the CB pick for being poor (in both senses of the word) + the Krook comp + something from another team would give a pool which would allow them to get 3 premium prospects (a top 3 pick + 2 top 15 dropping picks + a $20k pick to balance out the numbers).

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
            Keith Law said that the Marlins lied to the beat writers and that it was about cash.
            Can't blame the Marlins if they don't wanna pay a injured guy 1.5 million which is Krook's number he has stated all along.

They did offer him a 650K deal tho to which he said NO. Read reports as well that says as long as we keep the 650K offer on the table by the deadline that we do in fact get the #36 pick next year.

So it does look like he could still accept the offer and if he did we would have 1 million to spend on others we took later in the draft but HIGHLY DOUBTFUL it will happen

From Jim Callis email

Yes, they'll get a pick as long as they offer him 40% of pick value, which they will.
            Last edited by tjfla; 06-28-2013, 12:37 PM.

Comment

He was apparently looking real good but...

Oregon freshman left-hander Matt Krook (2-1, 1.79 earned run average) will undergo Tommy John surgery on his pitching arm Tuesday.

Krook, who led the Pac-12 in strikeouts before suffering an elbow injury April 5 at Washington, was a supplemental first-round selection in last year's Major League Baseball draft.

No. 19 Oregon (31-10, 10-5) begins a three-game series Friday at No. 5 Oregon State (27-7, 11-4).
              http://www.statesmanjournal.com/stor...-john/8085505/
              "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
              - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

I was excited when we drafted him. But I'm cool with a pick again this year. Krook has strong potential as a starter. Sucks to see the guy get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post
                  I was excited when we drafted him. But I'm cool with a pick again this year. Krook has strong potential as a starter. Sucks to see the guy get hurt.
                  I also wanted us to sign him. Wish him the best.

Comment

fuck him, shoulda signed

;-)

Comment

Working...
                    X