They are not.
    Yeah.

Comment

That's kind of silly.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
        Yeah.
        I don't understand why you think Eovaldi and Alvarez are "ass" after the year they just had.

They had a good year. They are 23-year-old pitchers. Why is that not at all exciting?

There is not a single rotation in baseball with five guys like Jose Fernandez.
        Last edited by Erick; 09-29-2013, 05:00 PM.

Comment

If you think that's something that they can sustain then okay. I do not.

Comment

If Nathan Eovaldi performs every season like he did this season, he'd be a solid #3 in any rotation.

Based on performance you'd say he belong in the middle of a rotation. I just think that Eovaldi won't be a 3.30 ERA guy next season (although I think Alvarez can be) and Turner is regressing.

Comment

Their peripherals do not suggest a terrible drop off. Do you hate their stuff or something?

Comment

Is this opinion based on anything besides you thinking they are ass?

Like, they've outperformed their ERAs, so I agree they will not post marks in the mid-3's every year.

But they both have peripherals that suggest something around 4.00 is more than reasonable to expect.

I guess that's "ass", but that seems like an inherently unreasonable standard to hold any pitcher to.
                --------------------
                There's really no reason Alvarez can't be Chien-Ming Wang, if healthy. That's a solid pitcher to have.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-29-2013, 05:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

It's also worth noting that just about every Marlins pitcher out-performed their xFIP's this year. So, despite the fact their xFIP's are near 4, they might be likely to post better ERA's than that.

As a matter of fact, Eovaldi has kinda done this now for 260 big league innings.

There's also the possibility that a 23-year-old pitcher with an average FB velo of 96 and an above average secondary pitch starts K'ing more guys in the future...

Comment

Haha, we've only had this conversation all throughout the year. If you think I'm just pulling this out of my ass just because and it's based on nothing, then good for you.

I'm not going to rehash it again. It's FootballDay.

Comment

Cool talk, bro. Things can never ever ever change.
                      --------------------
                      RE: Eovaldi

Maybe I'll be less down on him when he gets his K/9 into the 6's and his BB/9 below 4.
                      So, you're less down on him?
                      Last edited by Bobbob1313; 09-29-2013, 05:15 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                      poop

Comment

Sure. He's the best now

Comment

7.7 K/9, 3.3 BB/9 post-ASB for Eovaldi. But his HR/9 did rise from 0.5 to 0.67 so ass.
                          poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            Is this opinion based on anything besides you thinking they are ass?
                            This was particularly stupid. When is that ever the case with me? I'm not Todd.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                            7.7 K/9, 3.3 BB/9 post-ASB for Eovaldi. But his HR/9 did rise from 0.5 to 0.67 so ass.
                            Give him the Cy Young.
                            Last edited by Mainge; 09-29-2013, 05:19 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

The only thing you've said is that they don't miss enough bats. Even if that never changes, a pitcher can be valuable without being at the top of the leaderboard in strikeouts.

They're also 23-year-old pitchers.
                              --------------------
                              Sure. He's the best now
                              Things do change. Brian Flynn was probably more exciting a month ago when we never saw him than he is now.
                              Last edited by Erick; 09-29-2013, 05:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

This was particularly stupid. When is that ever the case with me? I'm not Todd.
                                --------------------

Give him the Cy Young.
                                You're being very Todd about this, actually.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X