No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They did get a shortstop from Detroit, which many people are saying is their top prospect.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
      They did get a shortstop from Detroit, which many people are saying is their top prospect.
      If that's their top prospect, it sort of shows how much their farm system sucks. It's an underwhelming return for arguably a top-5 pitcher in baseball still under contract after this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        They did get a shortstop from Detroit, which many people are saying is their top prospect.
        Willy Adames who is having a nice year in A Ball as a 18 yr old.Not Top but alot of potential

Comment

• Dave dumbrowski is the titties.
          "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
          - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• hahahaha
            --------------------
            Wow, Lee just took himself out of the game with an elbow injury.
            --------------------
            Re: Price to Tigers, Beane "had a feeling it was going to happen." Dombrowski jokingly texted, "You have 1 minute to acquire Chris Sale"
            lol
            Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-31-2014, 07:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Anyone think Sox traded for Cespedes in order to include him in a mega sexy deal for Stanton? I mean, they have been rumored to be interested in him in forever, and having a package of Cespedes along with their top prospects is a deal we can't turn down. Obviously, this only happens if Stanton rejects a multi-year deal with fish.

Anyone besides me totally okay with this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                Anyone think Sox traded for Cespedes in order to include him in a mega sexy deal for Stanton? I mean, they have been rumored to be interested in him in forever, and having a package of Cespedes along with their top prospects is a deal we can't turn down. Obviously, this only happens if Stanton rejects a multi-year deal with fish.

It would make no sense.

Comment

• Cespedes free agent after 2015 and he's pretty average.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                    Anyone think Sox traded for Cespedes in order to include him in a mega sexy deal for Stanton? I mean, they have been rumored to be interested in him in forever, and having a package of Cespedes along with their top prospects is a deal we can't turn down. Obviously, this only happens if Stanton rejects a multi-year deal with fish.

I wouldnt be because Cespedes isnt very good.
                    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

• what's been said - if the problem is not being able to extend stanton, why trade for a guy with more leverage (can't be offered arb) and one fewer year of control?
                      Originally posted by Madman81
                      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Whoops. Thought his contract ran through 2016 for some reason.

Comment

• Boston will have to non-tender him after the 2015 season, meaning they cannot make a Qualifying offer so they could lose him for nothing.

Comment

• well, they can work out an extension

but yeah, if they don't, he gone
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Former Athletic Jim Johnson has signed. Many people assumed he would sign with the Orioles, but that isn't the case. I wouldn't be surprised if it was Miami.

Comment

• They're reporting it's not the O's. I doubt it's the fish. He probably has better options.

Comment

Working...
                                X