No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Watch 2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have no problem with moving Castillo assuming we aren't getting a rental or a questionable starter
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
      have no problem with moving Castillo assuming we aren't getting a rental or a questionable starter
      Well Hellickson is a rental however the prices are so crazy they might not get much more than that right now. The thing about Castillo is alot of teams view him as a RP(Leo Nunez type) so while we might think he is a SP alot do NOT.

Names tossed around are Mike Dunn AND Luis Castillo/GCL arms(They have about 5 solid SP ones,pretty much whoever Philly wants). Safe to assume tho the deal would be Dunn and a prospect OR just a prospect for Hellickson. Some talk is we are looking at another player in the deal as well

Even tho Urena hasn't looked bad they are going after at least 2 SP now
      - - - - - - - - - -

Cubs are trading a package centered around Gleyber Torres #1 Prospect and #25 Overall in baseball for a Chapman rental

Man wish we had a farm system
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-24-2016, 10:35 PM.

Comment

• Also gotta love Jeff for trying this one.Albert Guaimaro (MLB made him a FA from Boston and we signed him) Well supposedly we called Boston and asked if they would be interested in trading a ML arm for him HAHA

However Boston who realizes they are already in trouble with MLB passed on the offer

Comment

• With the crazy prospects being thrown around for RP, I would seriously explore dealing Capps right now. Maybe teams won't bite because of the injury, but you won't know unless you try. You'd hate to lose a potential shut down closer like that, but if you can bolster your farm system a little bit, it could be worth it.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
            With the crazy prospects being thrown around for RP, I would seriously explore dealing Capps right now. Maybe teams won't bite because of the injury, but you won't know unless you try. You'd hate to lose a potential shut down closer like that, but if you can bolster your farm system a little bit, it could be worth it.
            I don't think any team is going to trade for him but I had completely forgotten about Capps. Imagine our bullpen with him pitching the way he did last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by sports24/7 View Post
              With the crazy prospects being thrown around for RP, I would seriously explore dealing Capps right now. Maybe teams won't bite because of the injury, but you won't know unless you try. You'd hate to lose a potential shut down closer like that, but if you can bolster your farm system a little bit, it could be worth it.
              Most teams are not into trading for injured guys unless major prospects. I know NYY got his medicals. A few teams asked for Kolek medicals too. Best part of reading rumors are when Phillies fans look at our Top 30 prospects page and just pick names off even tho been injured for 3 months already HAHA. By way if u ever want scouting reports on our guys

http://m.mlb.com/prospects/2016?list=mia

Rankings are terrible but they do give u scouting reports from a scouts view

Doesn't look like we care to much about the system right now-all about adding ML guys who can get us to the postseason. They are looking for guys who are on contract for next year or are controllable but with all the crazy prices looks like we are happy to add anything at this point

As of today the Pen 2017-Wittgren,Bearclaw,Ellington,Phelps,Rodney,Capps,AJ AAA-Ramsey,Brice,Steckenreider,Ege,Urena

- - - - - - - - - -

The name they trying to get seems to be Shelby Miller.

Would cost Naylor and more but seems they would rather see if Miller can work it out and keep him rather than trade Naylor and more for Cashner or someone else who will be a FA
              Last edited by tjfla; 07-25-2016, 08:31 AM.

Comment

• I'm really not a fan of Miller. He would cost more and be less effective than a lot of guys out there.

On a side note, as bad as our front office is, the D-backs make mind boggling move after mind boggling move for that team.

Comment

• Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  I'm really not a fan of Miller. He would cost more and be less effective than a lot of guys out there.

On a side note, as bad as our front office is, the D-backs make mind boggling move after mind boggling move for that team.
                  Well in the Jose trade talks of the winter,they wanted him. At this point,he would cost LESS than he did then

- - - - - - - - - -

WOW the price the Cubs paid for Chapman is nuts

Gleyber Torres,Billy McKinney,Adam Warren and something else. So 2 Top 100 Prospects and a solid RP for a guy who is a FA after the season

Comment

• No surprise since we already have tried to get him 2 times but according to Clark Spencer we are interested in Wade Miley

Comment

• I know at the trade deadline this can be exaggerated a little bit, but I think i've heard that we have had varying interest in every single pitcher that is available

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      Well in the Jose trade talks of the winter,they wanted him. At this point,he would cost LESS than he did then

- - - - - - - - - -

WOW the price the Cubs paid for Chapman is nuts

Gleyber Torres,Billy McKinney,Adam Warren and something else. So 2 Top 100 Prospects and a solid RP for a guy who is a FA after the season
                      Wow that is a great trade for the Yankees.

Comment

I know at the trade deadline this can be exaggerated a little bit, but I think i've heard that we have had varying interest in every single pitcher that is available

- - - - - - - - - -

Wow that is a great trade for the Yankees.
                        Yep pretty much-the thinking is if they are gonna trade Naylor they wanna get the best arm they can for him. Why trade Naylor for a rental in Cashner when u can trade him for say Miller,Matt Moore or someone

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                          Yep pretty much-the thinking is if they are gonna trade Naylor they wanna get the best arm they can for him. Why trade Naylor for a rental in Cashner when u can trade him for say Miller,Matt Moore or someone
                          Is it just me or have we been interested in a lot of Rays pitchers over the last 5 years or so and not gotten any of them?

- - - - - - - - - -

And with Chen going down are we going to be going after more than 1 SP? Cause if our deadline is us losing Chen, replacing him with a guy in a trade, and having Urena/Nicolino in the number 5 spot still then thats kind of a bummer.

Comment

• Man do we know how to get messed up arms or what

Still on
                            Kolek-TJ
                            Capps-TJ
                            Chen-TJ
                            Morris-Shoulder
                            Sadberry-TJ

Heaney-TJ
                            Paddack-Looks like TJ
                            German-TJ
                            Alvarez-Shoulder
                            Crow-Fine until comes here than Shoulder
                            Claiborne-Fine until here than arm
                            Last edited by tjfla; 07-25-2016, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• Paddock needs TJ?

Comment

Paddock needs TJ?
                                People saying on twitter looks like he messed up his arm bad

Joe Frisaro ‏@JoeFrisaro 18m18 minutes ago

Joe Frisaro Retweeted Will Siskel

very sad news about a talented young player. Let's hope for the best.

Joe Frisaro added,
                                Will Siskel @willsiskel
                                Paddack grabbed his arm during warm-ups.

Comment

Working...
                                X