2017 All-Star Game - MIAMI Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 All-Star Game - MIAMI Discussion

Finally, after being screwed out of the game in 2000, the All-Star Game comes to Miami.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/m...713-story.html

Important notes from the article:

- Logo for the game will be unveiled some time this month.
    - Marlins have discussed a naming rights deal with several companies, but nothing is imminent.
    - Miami Beach Convention Center will host the majority of the event leading up to the game.

The convention center is currently undergoing a massive $500 million+ renovation that won't be complete until 2018 so it will be interesting to see what they finish before All-Star Week. Good thing is the Alton Road reconstruction that has made Miami Beach a traffic nightmare (moreso than usual) for 3+ years is pretty much done. It's the only premiere event space in Miami-Dade County.

You will likely see other smaller events sprinkled throughout the City of Miami across the bay with all the money they put into the ballpark and parking garages.

Logical locations for the Pepsi All-Star Block Party are Bicentennial Park (Downtown Miami) or Lummus Park (South Beach, Miami Beach).

The Color Run 5K will probably take place in Downtown Miami up Biscayne Boulevard.

Most visible change to Marlins Park this year has been the wall below the Budweiser bar painted red with the State Farm word mark.

Any guesses how much a ticket strip will cost? I don't anticipate having season tickets so will likely have to buy on the open market. I intend to go to all events. The small number of seats scares me.
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I'd think there'd be some standing room only tickets too, at least I know there was in the past.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
        Any guesses how much a ticket strip will cost? I don't anticipate having season tickets so will likely have to buy on the open market. I intend to go to all events. The small number of seats scares me.
        The Marlins sales department anticipates the strip costing $500.00.

They advised MLB sets the price, though.

Comment

Logo will be unveiled on Wednesday as per the broadcast yesterday.

Comment

Here's the logo:

Comment

Working...
            X