No announcement yet.

Tyler Kolek, RHP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't imagine any front office would rank Nicolino over Heaney. I can't imagine what possible reasoning there would be for doing so. It's beyond any logic I could conceive of.
    poop

Comment

• Originally posted by nny View Post
      According to Larry, Dodger's originally asked for Nicolino and we offered Heaney instead.

http://www.marlinsbaseball.com/topic...omment-1550579

Take it for what it's worth, but he does apparently know somebody who works with the Marlins and post things before news breaks often.
      LIES!!! Told u this last year when it happened that they liked Nicolino more

They also thought Desco and Eovaldi were better in the pen which is why they were dealt for SP
      Last edited by tjfla; 07-27-2015, 05:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
        I can't imagine any front office would rank Nicolino over Heaney. I can't imagine what possible reasoning there would be for doing so. It's beyond any logic I could conceive of.
        It really doesn't shock me with the Marlins at all, sadly.
        Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

• I hadn't checked on Heaney thus far this season. I just looked it up. Now I'm sad.

Comment

• good thing we passed on Rodon because this dude was the #17 prospect in the South Atlantic League according to BA

Greenville fielded a loaded lineup that featured four of the top 10 prospects in the league, and plenty of shortstops littered SAL rosters, but when it came to pitching, the league was lacking. Some of the pitchers with top-of-the-scale fastballs, such as Greensboro’s Tyler Kolek, Rome’s Touki Toussaint and Greenville’s Michael Kopech, need to develop their control and secondary pitches.
            http://www.baseballamerica.com/minor...-20-prospects/
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Comment

• Kolek would probably miss the can.

Comment

• i joker smiled
                  Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• He'd miss the can but it'd miss at an incredible speed.

Comment

• WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Tyler Kolek, the Marlins' top prospect, is experiencing discomfort in his right elbow, and he is being examined by team doctors. The concern is the 20-year-old will need surgery, but more could be known Monday after he is examined.

The second overall pick in the 2014 MLB Draft, Kolek is a hard-throwing right-hander who ranks No. 1 on the organization's prospect list, according to MLBPipeline.com. He hurt his arm on Friday.

The Marlins have been weighing whether to start Kolek off at Class A Advanced Jupiter or Class A Greensboro, where he made 25 starts and posted a 4.56 ERA in 2015.

From Shepherd, Texas, Kolek had his fastball clocked at 102 mph as a prep standout. Since turning pro, he's been dealing with command issues, especially with his offspeed pitches.

Kolek has made 34 Minor League appearances (33 starts), logging 130 2/3 innings. He's struck out 99 and walked 74.
                      http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...ls-with-injury

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                        WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

http://m.marlins.mlb.com/news/articl...ls-with-injury

Comment

• Underwent Tommy John today.
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
                            Underwent Tommy John today.
                            First game back and got destroyed!! Its like he never even was hurt

Comment

• Last time Kolek pitched, Michael Morse was on the team and Justin Bour was entering his first year as a starter for the Marlins.

Carlos Rodon is in his third major league season with the Chicago White Sox.

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                First game back and got destroyed!! Its like he never even was hurt
                                I'm just glad to know he still exists.

Comment

Working...
                                X