Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like Ozuna, but I want to see another full year before an extension is discussed.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I feel like it would be beneficial if Ozuna lost a few pounds playing center. But that's just me.

Comment

• Maybe if he loses a step. But he moved around pretty good out there last year

Comment

• ### Add these names to the short list of free agent pitchers of interest to the Marlins: Francisco Liriano (7-10, 3.38 for Pittsburgh) and Brandon Morrow (42-43, 4.28 in eight seasons for Seattle and Toronto).
          The Marlins, seeking a veteran starter, also have discussed trading Nathan Eovaldi or a quality pitching prospect to Arizona for left-hander Wade Miley (38-35, 3.79 in 3 1/2 seasons).
          ### Though some hitters haven’t responded well from being beaned, Jeffrey Loria said Giancarlo Stanton’s season-ending pitch in the face caused him “no concern” in contract talks because “his vision was not affected.”… The Marlins signed versatile infielder Reid Brignac (a .222 career hitter but a good defender) as a potential replacement for Ed Lucas.
          ### Marlins president David Samson admits the Stanton contract is frightening, besides being exciting, in this respect: “This is a permanent bet on a player the likes of which we’ve never made before. We always had the ability to change our mind or press the reset button. With this contract, you don’t have that ability. We better be right, and Giancarlo gives us the impression that we are. We talked a lot about that internally. [Mike Hill and Dan Jennings]... their legacy and our legacy are on the line. We’re married to him now like we’ve never been married to a player.”

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/sport...#storylink=cpy
          Miami Herald

Never been a fan of Eovaldi, so I don't mind that they're discussing him. However, I think Eovaldi>Miley.

Comment

• I think Miley's a lot better than Eovaldi.
            poop

Comment

• Marlins went out and got that big bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                I think Miley's a lot better than Eovaldi.
                I think Miley is better, but not a lot better. But I still wouldn't trade Eovaldi for Miley. I'd rather have both. Trade Nicolino.
                --------------------
                I'm also a fan of Liriano, though he'd cost us a first round pick.
                Last edited by marlinsfan24; 11-23-2014, 11:25 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Disco/Nicolino + Urena/Conley for Miley.
                  --------------------
                  Actually, no, scratch that. He's not good enough to trade pitching depth for when we should be trading that for position players.
                  Last edited by thatnewguy; 11-23-2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Liriano: no thanks
                    Morrow: no thanks
                    Originally posted by Madman81
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I wouldn't mind Morrow at a low-risk price. Velocity is still there on his fastball, good K rate in his limited innings. I think he'd pitch well if he stays healthy.

Comment

• I like Liriano.

Comment

• For you H2R lovers, looks like he's going back to Boston per Heyman.

Comment

• --------------------
                            Manny is still available guys.
                            Last edited by thatnewguy; 11-23-2014, 06:48 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Ike Davis to A's per Jon Heyman. Just an FYI

Comment

• They're gonna turn him into a superstar.

Comment

Working...
                                X