E.Alfonzo: 1-3, 2B
    Vera: L, 4.2 IP, 5 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K, 1 HRA
    H.Villalobos: 3.1 IP, 2 H, 0 ER, 0 BB, 3 K

Comment

KJ Woods released lmao

Comment

Originally posted by HUGG View Post
        KJ Woods released lmao
        Yep gotta love this system. Release a 20 yr old power guy who can improve and likely replace him with some 25 yr old who hasnt made it past A ball in 3 years. Been a very confusing year for the system however I think it has alot more to do with the "new regime" than anything else. Seems Delpiano has a different vision than DJ did and would rather just cut bait with guys.(Woods/Araujo/Nick White)

It is like the draft where they talk about drafting college guys because they can move fast however 2 years later they are 25 in Low A Ball. If u draft a guy to move fast then start him in Gboro and see what he can do

Comment

why the fuck would they release Woods? Must have done something wrong or messed something up. Even the marlins arent dumb enough to release him that quickly.

Comment

Kinda weird to release Woods. Other 1st baseman in Jupiter is 26 and sucks. Don't exactly expect Naylor to be moved up yet as he hasn't been destroying Greensboro. They drafted Eric Gutierrez who is 22 and plays first, but I wouldn't start someone in Jupiter right out of college. I don't hate releasing Woods as I don't see him going anywhere. I just don't see the need to release him at this time.

I know some of you like Woods. He had a good line in Greensboro but he isn't going to maintain a BABIP over .370 moving forward and he just isn't that good. He had a good year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
              Kinda weird to release Woods. Other 1st baseman in Jupiter is 26 and sucks. Don't exactly expect Naylor to be moved up yet as he hasn't been destroying Greensboro. They drafted Eric Gutierrez who is 22 and plays first, but I wouldn't start someone in Jupiter right out of college. I don't hate releasing Woods as I don't see him going anywhere. I just don't see the need to release him at this time.

I know some of you like Woods. He had a good line in Greensboro but he isn't going to maintain a BABIP over .370 moving forward and he just isn't that good. He had a good year.
              Ya he wasn't much more than a power bat but at 20 u don't release him. Been doing it all year tho,releasing young guys then signing old minor leaguers and playing them alot. I have no issues with that IF they are gonna do it with some of our recent draft picks however if they are just gonna sign guys who been at levels for 3 years and are 25/26 it is a waste

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Ya he wasn't much more than a power bat but at 20 u don't release him. Been doing it all year tho,releasing young guys then signing old minor leaguers and playing them alot. I have no issues with that IF they are gonna do it with some of our recent draft picks however if they are just gonna sign guys who been at levels for 3 years and are 25/26 it is a waste
                Exactly. But where do other organizations start college guys from the draft when being aggressive? I'm also unaware of how their affiliates play with park factors compared to the marlins. But I can't see starting a position player off in Jupiter as it is setting them up for failure. I could see starting a pitcher there though.

Comment

6/15

AAA New Orleans: W, 8-6 (14 Innings)

Andino: 2-6, BB, K
                  Scruggs: 2-6, 3 R, 2 HR (7), 2 RBI, BB, K
                  Juengel: 1-5, R, HR (4), RBI, 2 BB, 2 K
                  Hood: 2-6, R, BB, K, SB
                  Telis: 1-5, R, 2 RBI
                  Galloway: 3-7, R, K
                  Corporan: 1-5, RBI, 2 K
                  Wilson: 2-6, RBI, K, SB
                  Clemens: 6.1 IP, 2 H, 5 ER, 4 BB, 7 K, 1 HRA
                  Breslow: 3 IP, 2 H, 4 K
                  Ege: W, 3 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 1 K

AA Jacksonville: W, 8-4

Y.Perez: 2-5, 2 R, CS
                  Riddle: 4-5, 3 R, RBI, K
                  Dean: 1-5, R, HR (8), 4 RBI, K
                  Sierra: 2-3, R, HR (8), RBI, 2 BB, K
                  Anderson: 2-5, 2B, 2 RBI, K
                  Mazza: W, 5 IP, 6 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA; 1-1, R, 2B
                  Bremer: SV, 4 IP, 2 H, 1 K

A+ Jupiter: L, 3-2 (11 Innings)

Kjerstad: 1-4, R, 2B, BB
                  R.Mitchell: 0-4, RBI, 2 K
                  Norwood: 2-4, 2B, K, CS
                  Romero: 1-4, R, HR (1), RBI, K
                  L.Castillo: 4 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 0 BB, 2 K
                  Mader: 5 IP, 4 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 1 K, 1 HRA
                  Holmes: L, 2 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 1 BB, 1 K

A Greensboro: L, 5-2

Seymour: 1-4, K
                  Naylor: 0-4
                  A.Reyes: 2-3, R, 3B, BB
                  Twine: 2-4, R, 2B, RBI, 2 K
                  Holloway: L, 4 IP, 7 H, 5 ER, 3 BB, 3 K, 1 HRA
                  Keller: 2 IP, 3 K

DSL Marlins: L, 10-2

Reynoso: 0-4, R, BB, 2 K
                  E.Alfonzo: 3-5, RBI, SB
                  Arcaya: 1-3, BB, K
                  Prenza: 1-3, BB, K
                  Vilera: 1-4, RBI, 2 K
                  Liriano: L, 5 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 1 BB, 2 K
                  De Leon: 1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 HRA
                  Last edited by geemoney; 06-16-2016, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Hard to read next days results when i see kj woods was released. I know K's were a problem but there's gotta be more than that. Has to be a behavioral thing bc based on pure ability it makes no sense

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Comment

I know conditioning has been an issue.

Comment

Can we just call Reed up and send Nicolino down? He has been pretty solid lately

Comment

Originally posted by Jay View Post
                          Exactly. But where do other organizations start college guys from the draft when being aggressive? I'm also unaware of how their affiliates play with park factors compared to the marlins. But I can't see starting a position player off in Jupiter as it is setting them up for failure. I could see starting a pitcher there though.
                          Most teams usually that say "aggressive" start in Low A and if they show something will end the year in High A however in the past our aggressive has been Batavia and maybe Gboro to close the year. Then next year still in Gboro for a month or so.

Ya no chance in hell any of the position guys we took would be in Jupiter this year. I could see a pitcher or 2 maybe stick but more than likely they will call a guy up for a game or 2 than right back to GCL. They have done this in the past,will call a guy up to help out.

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by dim View Post
                          Hard to read next days results when i see kj woods was released. I know K's were a problem but there's gotta be more than that. Has to be a behavioral thing bc based on pure ability it makes no sense

I know they were reworking his swing which is why they took him off the Jupiter roster.

Guess there was no room for him with a 26 yr old Non prospect and Josh Stabbor waiting?? This is what confuses me about our system,they draft guys and instead of keeping them around 6 years to see if they can turn it around,they cut bait and just sign FA that other organizations have kept around and done nothing. If a 26 yr old has been at High A for 3 years do u all of a sudden think u will turn him around?
                          Last edited by tjfla; 06-16-2016, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dim View Post

The fact that besides Greensboro he was hitting .201/.286/.277 in his MiLB career probably didn't help either. Granted, I don't know why the pulled the trigger faster on him than others.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                            X