The Official Miami Marlins "Sale of the Team" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
    Jeff Loria and the Wisconsin Elite(President Paul Ryan and his pet dog Reince)are friends and they are letting Reince pick Ambassadors. He has nominated or whatever Jeffrey"Cheapskate"Loria as the Ambassador to France. Kushners came out and said they aren't interested in buying if he becomes Ambassador

So Jeff has a choice either 1.3-1.6 BILLION Dollars in his pocket OR he can get his ass kissed in Paris,look at art and run the team from US Embassy in Paris.

Not sure where the conflict is tho since Jeff gave more to Trump($125,000) than he spent on IFA to make his team better but Kushners see an issue
    The conflict is the fact that Jared Kushner is Trump's senior advisor, so it would look as if Loria is being 'rewarded' for selling the team to the Kushners by being made ambassador.

Interesting thought though - he likes both money and art....which would he choose?

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
    So let me get this straight.........

We we're going to finally get rid of Evil Jeffrey as owner but then President Trump signed off on Loria as Ambassador To France thus causing a conflict of interest?

Do I have that right or no?
    That's what it's sounding like......though he hasn't been made ambassador yet, he's apparently just a name on the list at the moment.

Comment

I mean it's not like he couldn't sell the team to someone else for a similar amount

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
        I mean it's not like he couldn't sell the team to someone else for a similar amount
        Do we really know this for sure? I mean we don't even know what the Kushners were offering so it's hard to speculate. What if the Kushners were the only bidders close to his asking price?

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
          Well few months ago when reports were coming out another name was connected to us but was at most 1.4 billion. Not sure tho if it was the brother in law tho

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          Do we really know this for sure? I mean we don't even know what the Kushners were offering so it's hard to speculate. What if the Kushners were the only bidders close to his asking price?
          Not sure he know his asking price before the 1.6 number came out it was said that between 1.2-1.4 is what he wanted. He is greedy as hell tho so I wouldn't be surprised if he asked 2 billion and Kushner's wanted team so bad they countered at that?

- - - - - - - - - -

Originally posted by rmc523 View Post
          The conflict is the fact that Jared Kushner is Trump's senior advisor, so it would look as if Loria is being 'rewarded' for selling the team to the Kushners by being made ambassador.

Interesting thought though - he likes both money and art....which would he choose?

That's what it's sounding like......though he hasn't been made ambassador yet, he's apparently just a name on the list at the moment.
          Thing is Trump doesn't have much to do with the ambassadors just "naming" them. Trump prolly thinks Jeff is asskisser!!! Its the Reince guy-he is Jeff's friend and put him on top of the list. 1 of 1

Comment

Barry Jackson article on Sat

• The question is no longer if Jeffrey Loria will sell the Marlins. It’s how quickly.

According to people briefed on the situation in the past week, Loria is fully expected to sell the team sometime this year, barring an unforeseen change of heart. He has decided it’s time to move on from baseball.

The Marlins are actively engaged in discussions with four groups and have had additional conversations with two others. MLB is aware of the identity of the Marlins suitors, which include both local and out-of-town investors.

The Marlins, as of Friday, had not struck a deal with any of the six suitors but would like to reach an agreement with someone in the coming months, with closing and MLB approval before the end of the year.

And don’t assume that all these bidders would dramatically increase payroll. That could depend in part on how much Fox is willing to pay the Marlins after their local TV deal expires after 2020. The Marlins pocket the least local TV revenue in baseball.

Loria has consistently declined to comment since sales rumors surfaced.

Comment

Thank goodness.

Comment

Everyone else decided it was time for him to move on from baseball 15 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                  Everyone else decided it was time for him to move on from baseball 15 years ago.
                  Agreed....at least he's finally seeing it.

Comment

•The Marlins’ offer to Kenley Jansen this winter was, perhaps unsurprisingly, extremely backloaded, Heyman reports. The deal would’ve paid Jansen something in the vicinity of $7MM in year one, $9MM in year two, $11MM in year three and $25MM in each of the final two years. That’d obviously be an advantageous structure for owner Jeffrey Loria, who is looking to sell the team

Pretty much what we have been doing for the past year. Try to get guys cheap while Jeff owns the team to WIN now and by time he is gone he don't care

Comment

Still nothing....no reason to celebrate at all. He is still the owner, and we're doomed before the season starts. It's a way of life being a Marlins fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddawg View Post
                        Still nothing....no reason to celebrate at all. He is still the owner, and we're doomed before the season starts. It's a way of life being a Marlins fan.
                        You thought this was going to be a quick process? The important thing is that they are in talks to sell the team. It will happen eventually, but it's going to take months.

Comment

Originally posted by fauowls44 View Post
                          You thought this was going to be a quick process? The important thing is that they are in talks to sell the team. It will happen eventually, but it's going to take months.
                          Nothing will be announced till after the ASG likely. Then even it will take months. This is the reason u see 2 yr contracts/plan. Likely after all the MLB crap it will be Winter AFTER next season not this season

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                            Nothing will be announced till after the ASG likely. Then even it will take months. This is the reason u see 2 yr contracts/plan. Likely after all the MLB crap it will be Winter AFTER next season not this season
                            I dont think it will be that long. I thing there will be a buyer who comes forward and agrees sometime after the all star break this year, with the sale being finalized before opening day next year.

Comment

Originally posted by fish16 View Post
                              I dont think it will be that long. I thing there will be a buyer who comes forward and agrees sometime after the all star break this year, with the sale being finalized before opening day next year.
                              Yeah, I don't think it's going to be 2 years. They are supposedly talking to multiple groups. Have to figure a deal will come together with someone in the coming months.

Comment

Even once you figure out an agreement they have to provide financials to MLB, get vetted by MLB, negotiate lending/financing options (because no one pays/can pay $1.5B cash), and get approved by the other owners. There is a reason these processes typically take a year +.
                                Originally posted by Madman81
                                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                                X